House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
HAVE I GOT NEWS FOR U

Consumers Cut Back On Beer,shoes Mortgage Crunch Looms

Some highlights

We have a fixed-rate squeeze coming,'' said Alan Clarke, an economist at BNP Paribas in London.

``Consumers are going to bear the brunt of a slowdown.''

``I may think about selling,'' he said after cycling to visit a client to save a one-pound bus fare.

``It's getting too expensive to live in London.''

`I have one particular client who is in dire straits,'' Raynor said.

``It's gone from not being able to go out to a wine bar as often as she would like to the point where she can't actually pay for her groceries.''

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...&refer=home

....and sky....

"`I have one particular client who is in dire straits,'' Raynor said. "

is it mark knopfler ?

Money for Nothing?

Some highlights

We have a fixed-rate squeeze coming,'' said Alan Clarke, an economist at BNP Paribas in London.

``I may think about selling,'' he said after cycling to visit a client to save a one-pound bus fare.

``It's gone from not being able to go out to a wine bar as often as she would like to the point where she can't actually pay for her groceries.''

Cut back on beer!

I had no idea things had got this bad.

I have started to brew my own, 50p a pint.

Beer is the second to last thing I would cut on. That man must live a terrible life. What's the point?

Some highlights

This does not make me sympathetic. If she'd spent less hours binge-drinking in posh wine bars in the first place - and budgetted carefully while taking full control of her income/expenditure with a 2 year forward planning spreadsheet ... like other dull f*ckers (me). She'd be in a better position now.

Also .... give us the facts... maybe she's still buying caviar at Fortnums and whining she's having to buy the smaller pots - or (shock, horror) even miss out a week!

Cut back on beer!

and i have started to make my own sky tv.

i simply look at glossy magazine ads with a video cam. then play them back on a monitor till 4am.

i simply look at glossy magazine ads with a video cam. then play them back on a monitor till 4am.

You could simply take a dump on the telly.

Some highlights

I've had a look at charcolonline's fixed rates - they seem to be up again - nothing anywhere near 4% anymore.

Cut back on beer!

I remember making my own wine and beer in the late 70's ..... :lol::P:P

LOL I love these threads! HPC really makes me laugh sometimes.

50p for home brew sounds a bit steep though! I make my own wine for about 20p a bottle...

I suspect the man who is 'cutting back on beer' means he is cutting back on £7 pints of fizzy Belgian p*ss, plus tip, plus taxi fare, plus new pair of 'trendy' trainers to wear while drinking it.

I'll stick to my £1.89 pint of Sam Smith's Old Brewery...

50p for home brew sounds a bit steep though! I make my own wine for about 20p a bottle...

I suspect the man who is 'cutting back on beer' means he is cutting back on £7 pints of fizzy Belgian p*ss, plus tip, plus taxi fare, plus new pair of 'trendy' trainers to wear while drinking it.

....when you are laughing, remember you are HPC..... :lol::lol::lol:

Cut back on beer!

We brewed it when we were at college (back in the days before students had access to unlimited credit). It cost a lot less than 50p per pint. If I remember rightly it worked out at £1.20 for 25 pints!!! It tasted nice at the time, but I think my standards were lower then!

Some numpty would always end up drinking it before it had finished brewing and give themselves a stomach ache.

Guest Bart of Darkness
....and sky....

is it mark knopfler ?

At least he gets his chicks for free (every little helps ;) ).

I find it ironic that Sky Movies are currently showing "Deja Vu". You don't need to spend £3.95 to experience that, just watch any digital channel for more than a month.

At least he gets his chicks for free (every little helps ;) ).

Has no one ever told you there is no such thing as a free chick. There is always a cost/catch :o)

We brewed it when we were at college (back in the days before students had access to unlimited credit). It cost a lot less than 50p per pint. If I remember rightly it worked out at £1.20 for 25 pints!!! It tasted nice at the time, but I think my standards were lower then!

Some numpty would always end up drinking it before it had finished brewing and give themselves a stomach ache.

I am brewing some real ale, as I like it but it costs around around 1.70 a bottle in the off licence, so can get expensive.

I am preparing for the the days when the house price crash gets in full swing and I can sit back drinking my fine,

cheap real ale. Dedicating a song to the bulls on HPC.

"Sing when your winning, you only sing when your winning".

Guest Bart of Darkness
Has no one ever told you there is no such thing as a free chick. There is always a cost/catch :o)

With rock stars the catch is surely the humongous divorce settlement.

Kind of like buy now, pay later.

whats wrong with freeview, hobbies, clubs or books. ?

i have cable and its rubbish. its getting worse. they dont make any new programs that are not either

'reality shows' or re-hashes of really old footage from WWII.

ive seen the same kamakaze pilot diving into midway in colour, black and white and from reverse and negative angles.

after 12am its a better earner to host a phone line show asking drunken and depressed goons to ring in and guess the name of poshspice's famous football husband.?

all i see are loan ads and ads for other channels that have better stuff on which i dont have.

i dont know why i dont cancel it. i would if things got tight.

jeez - are you darn sarf or sommat - it's more like £1.50 where I am.

but yea, I wince at how much you CAN pay for beer. But Whetherspoons and Sam Smiths always good for cheap drinkin'

Morrisons' 4 for £5 and Asda's 3 for £4 ale bottles too are good value if you like one at home ;)

whats wrong with freeview, hobbies, clubs or books. ?

freeview - not available in every area (neither is cable)

hobbies - pricey unless your hobby is deep breathing. Also, limited access in many areas

clubs - cost to join and do whatever it is they do. Also, not available everywhere.

books - free from a library, when open - but in many areas books are limited and inter-library loans cost £2 or so.

I am lucky. My hobby is the Internet... beyond paying for access, PC, electricity that's free.

I am lucky. My hobby is the Internet... beyond paying for access, PC, electricity that's free.

Same here, I gave up TV about 2 years ago and my better half about 1 year ago. Now we have our two PC's, online games and streamed media (sport, documentaries etc). What I really love is being able to watch what you want when you want. TV just seems too much of a one way experience now. IMO with a 22" monitor each the experience is far superior to TV and no arguing about what to watch/play/chat.

....and sky....

is it mark knopfler ?

:lol:

:( I paid $7 for a bottle of IPA the other day as I was feeling a bit sad about being away from the UK. Later the next day when I relised that it was warm and sunny (par for the course) I perked up. Still, I had a blast in the UK. Shagged a lot of sheila's (mostly Aussie chicks.... they were homesick and I have low standards) but a few from exotic places like Glasgow and Harrogate :lol:

22" monitor

Posh git :P

I've got a crappy 15" screen laptop. And I have a small portable table to sit it on.

That's the downside about a houseshare.... and not wanting to own things (especially furniture)

You can't have what you want, where you want it.

If I get a full sized PC, it would be "where the heck can this go". Bedroom is 6'x10' so the bed takes up most of the room.... only way would be to stick it at the end of the bed and never leave the bedroom.

With the laptop I can at least move about and look like I am not an oddball living in the bedroom.