House Price Crash Forum
House of Lords

Us / Uk Home Prices Graph

Hi - I saw a great graph going back 50 years or so comparing US and UK house prices.

Trouble is I don't know where I saw it and it was a while ago.

Does anyone know where I can find it?

Cheers

HoL

probably the abn amro report on the home page

Here's the UK-California comparison:

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...ost&id=4113

We lagged the US by about 6 months in the Great Crash of '89--96. This time its different. IMO, we are lagging by about a year due to accomodative IR, immigration policy, and lingering sub-prime.

Thanks. It's for a friend who I discovered had two BTLs...he doesn't need much convincing but he's in with 2 brothers so they might.

Hi - I saw a great graph going back 50 years or so comparing US and UK house prices.

Trouble is I don't know where I saw it and it was a while ago.

Does anyone know where I can find it?

Cheers

HoL

Could be this one from a Fed economist report .

I have the report but don't know where it is online .

US_to_UK_house_prices.jpg

post-4353-1185874838_thumb.jpg

Guest d23
Here's the UK-California comparison:

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...ost&id=4113

We lagged the US by about 6 months in the Great Crash of '89--96. This time its different. IMO, we are lagging by about a year due to accomodative IR, immigration policy, and lingering sub-prime.

hmmmm, judging by that graph (and others I've seen) it looks to me like the UK led the US by at the very least 6 months last time (during GREAT CRASH 1!!! )

US housing prices historic

Thanks...the key thing was to show a relationship. California appears to be tanking right now so at the very least it suggests there's a chance it will happen hear or the historical relationship is going to break because we've got Magic Gordon and they've got Android Arnie.

Guest d23
none of these graphs show CA having moved down at all - I though they were 5% down now (or are these older graphs?)

RB's graph only goes up to 2004 / 2005; not sure of the situation in CA at the moment but would be interested to see the overall (not just small regional) picture there; I'd be surprised if it hasn't fallen there tho.

RB's graph only goes up to 2004 / 2005; not sure of the situation in CA at the moment but would be interested to see the overall (not just small regional) picture there; I'd be surprised if it hasn't fallen there tho.

Well, Los Angeles is as big an area as I could find just now. These figures were released this morning.

The data below summarizes the results for May 2007. The S&P/Case-Shiller® Home Price Indices are revised for the 24 prior months, based on the receipt of additional source data. More than 20 years of history for these data series is available, and can be accessed in full by going to www.homeprice.standardandpoors.com.

Area

Los Angeles

May 2007 Level

May/April Change (%)

-0.1%

April/March Change (%)

-0.5%

1-Year Change (%)

-3.3%

The S&P/Case-Shiller® Home Price Indices are published on the last Tuesday of each month at 9:00 am ET. They are constructed to accurately track the price path of typical single-family homes located in each metropolitan area provided. Each index combines matched price pairs for thousands of individual houses from the available universe of arms-length sales data.

According to Standard and Poors Case Shiller report.

San Fran -2.78%

LA -2.62%

Sand Diego - 6.70%

Seems to me as if southern california is being hit hardest. But it really is crashes all round. Even in the bay area of San Francisco, which definately does not have a massive over supply!

According to Standard and Poors Case Shiller report.

San Fran -2.78%

LA -2.62%

Sand Diego - 6.70%

Seems to me as if southern california is being hit hardest. But it really is crashes all round. Even in the bay area of San Francisco, which definately does not have a massive over supply!

Now:

San Fran -3.4%

LA -3.3%

San Diego -7.0%

Yes, I saw and updated on the crash map thread. The figures are horrific.

Horrific? If -3.3% is horrific, how would you describe +3.3% if / when the mkt slows down to that level of yr on yr growth?

Horrific? If -3.3% is horrific, how would you describe +3.3% if / when the mkt slows down to that level of yr on yr growth?

I was talking about some of the specific cities which at current trends will be at -10% in the next few months. There are some big names in there. Everything is falling much quicker than I had anticipated.