House Price Crash Forum

Thinking About Moving From One Rental To Another

kunekune

HOLA441

Where we are now is nice, we are beside a ginnel, and it is a little noisy at night and local youths like to sit on the steps on the outside of our fence to smoke, drink, etc. A letting agency has just advertised a lovely cottage up the road - opposite farmland, lots of character, more garden than we have at the moment. It is a bit more expensive but still well within what we can pay and still be saving. Since we're renting for at least another year, the environment is important. I'm waiting for the call-back with an appointment to view, but what is a little odd (to me) is that the current tenant is doing the viewing. That's good in a lot of ways - there are questions I can ask that I wouldn't get an answer to from an agent or the LL themselves - but it also means I can't find out much about the LL's background. Is there anywhere I can check that the LL's mortgagee knows that the property is tenanted? From what I've learned on this board, that seems to be one of the most important protections we can have, and since larger properties are few and far between I don't want to risk having to leave sooner than I want.