House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
wsn03

2 Separate Conversations On Train - West Midlands

Two separate conversations, about 3 weeks apart, both on the Euston to Birmingham Virgin express:

Conversation 1 - between a divorcee and a passenger he was trying to chat up, both 40 something professionals, didnt quite catch where they were living but I thought it was in suburbia south of Bham (I recognised some of the landmarks they discussed). Both said prices had dropped 10%? Presume talking about detatched 3/ 4/ bed house, middle to upper end of the market.

Conversation 2 - same train as above 2 weeks later, overheard 3 employees en return from meeting in London, one fairly young (20s) trying to sell her apartment. Said it is unique in that has its own private garden, in nice suburban area (converted old building rather than common modern towerblock of blandness). She said they have priced as per agents recommendations, but are starting to doubt the price. In the x no of months its been on the market they received near no interest, only a couple of viewings; this is stopping them trading up. Also said there appeared to be an abundance of similar properties on the market.

Edited by wsn03

Two separate conversations, about 3 weeks apart, both on the Euston to Birmingham Virgin express:

Conversation 1 - between a divorcee and a passenger he was trying to chat up, both 40 something professionals, didnt quite catch where they were living but I thought it was in suburbia south of Bham (I recognised some of the landmarks they discussed). Both said prices had dropped 10%? Presume talking about detatched 3/ 4/ bed house, middle to upper end of the market.

Conversation 2 - same train as above 2 weeks later, overheard 3 employees en return from meeting in London, one fairly young (20s) trying to sell her apartment. Said it is unique in that has its own private garden, in nice suburban area (converted old building rather than common modern towerblock of blandness). She said they have priced as per agents recommendations, but are starting to doubt the price. In the x no of months its been on the market they received near no interest, only a couple of viewings; this is stopping them trading up. Also said there appeared to be an abundance of similar properties on the market.

Conversation number 2 is truely amazing. She has a unique garden property yet there are an abunance of similar properties?

Conversation number 2 is truely amazing. She has a unique garden property yet there are an abunance of similar properties?

I presume she meant an abundance of apartments in her area (isnt there an abundance in all areas now?), I doubt many have their own garden per individual flat, I've not heard of that before.