House Price Crash Forum

It's Chaos, Chaos I Tells Ya. Daily Express Giving Everyone

HOLA441
HOLA442

I think these sort of headlines will get all too common - detailing the misery some working class family has to face, not being able to afford school shoes for their kids. - They love stuff like that, disguised like they give a to$$

HOLA443

Quote from article:

He said: “Anybody who tries to sell without having an information pack faces repeated £200 fines. Estate agents who collude in cheating can be fined and ultimately put out of business.”

Am I getting this right? You can pay £700 for the HIP or £200 for not getting a HIP. If so, this legislation is even more gippo than I thought it was.

And of course a £700 extra cost is not going to put people off a £300-500k transaction. Far more interesting, I thought, was a piece in yesterday's Torygraph about their property reporter getting a HIP done on his cottage. The inspector failed to spot a whole load of energy efficiency measures plus several other important issues, and the resulting report was so error strewn as to be effectively meaningless. If all the new inspectors are as incompetent as this one, it'll be interesting to see the writs start flying after people made purchasing decisions on the basis of unreliable HIPs.

HOLA444

Basically, it's "World to End on Wednesday as Home Packs Start".

Tomorrow: "Diana Killed in Car Crash - EXCLUSIVE"

Wednesday: "Sign Our Hated Death Tax Petition"

Thursday: "Weather Expected, Say Forecasters"

Friday: "Diana Killed in Car Crash - EXCLUSIVE"

Saturday: "Average House Price to Hit £8 BILLION by 2020"

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
Basically, it's "World to End on Wednesday as Home Packs Start".

Tomorrow: "Diana Killed in Car Crash - EXCLUSIVE"

Wednesday: "Sign Our Hated Death Tax Petition"

Thursday: "Weather Expected, Say Forecasters"

Friday: "Diana Killed in Car Crash - EXCLUSIVE"

Saturday: "Average House Price to Hit £8 BILLION by 2020"

"Diana warned of HIPs before being murdered"

HOLA448
HOLA449
Guest Bart of Darkness
"Diana warned of HIPs before being murdered"

Probably why she was murdered. ;)

Am I getting this right? You can pay £700 for the HIP or £200 for not getting a HIP.

The question of whether the fne would be a one-off or a repeated one seems to be confusing a lot of people (including me).

Apparently:

Failure to produce a compliant H.I.P. could attract penalty fines of up to £200 for each day that the property is marketed in breach of the regulations.

Link

And yet here (Link) the advice is that it's cheaper to pay the £200 fine.

Are the repeated fines for EAs or for the people selling the home?

Paul Broadhead, Deputy Director General, Association of Home Information Pack Providers (AHIPP) comments on the Evening Standard’s recent investigation into Home Information Packs (HIPs): “Any agent or private seller who continually defies the law is likely to end up with reoccurring fines of £200 which can be repeated at the discretion of Trading Standards officials. “If agents persist in not providing a HIP for a seller then the case can be referred to the Office of Fair Trading...

Link

No wonder Krusty's normally vacuous features have been marred by an unbecoming frown over this issue.

HOLA4410