House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest X-QUORK

Ips Error

Guest X-QUORK

I thought there was a server upgrade planned to sort this problem out?

Can we leave this on the main page for a while please mods? I suspect I'm not the only one getting frustrated by this.

Guest d23
I thought there was a server upgrade planned to sort this problem out?

Can we leave this on the main page for a while please mods? I suspect I'm not the only one getting frustrated by this.

agreed, it's well annoying.

No problem for me i just format the c drive, remove the battery from the mother board for a few seconds, reinstall the bios and windows, graphic drivers, via drivers from the motherboard disk. Reboot and it works fine. :lol:

Just kidding, it usualy sorts itself out in under a minute.

Guest grumpy-old-man
I usually close the browser and deleted all cookies/cache contents. Afterwards, all is fine.

yes, that's all you need to do, although there is no need to delete your cookies (well not in Firefox anyway), so your username & password info is always there for you still.

Hi all,

Sorry about this everybody the reason for the errors is that the servers that the site is currently on are both a bit overloaded.

We would have loved to have moved HPC sooner to nice fast new servers but because we would prefer to do it properly rather than in a hurry we have had a lot of preparation work to do. This has included buying and installing over 80 new servers, a new storage system, an improved back-ups system and a new network infrastructure!

Obviously all that takes quite a bit longer than buying another couple of servers which would have been an alternative way forward but only would have ever been yet another stop gap measure. We are really excited that we have done with our hardware because it means that HPC and all our other sites have a lot more headroom to grow.

We expect after the move the site should be a little faster and a lot better at dealing error free with higher numbers of users online. Most importantly it will be highly scalable so as the growth of the traffic continues there will be no more problems. So bring on the house price crash, our servers won't..... (we hope)

Good news is Today we are in the position where we can make the move. To achieve this gracefully we will shut the site down for a few minutes today while it is completed. Hopefully it won't be noticeable but depending on how things go be prepared for a little downtime on the site while we move servers. We hope to keep this to less than an hour.

Thanks for all your continued support.

Brendan