House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

laurejon

These People Dont Feel They Are British

How Strange, these people do not feel like they are British.

_44027346_britishasians_pa203b.jpg

Do you want to tell them, or should I ?

Many Asians 'do not feel British'

Three-quarters felt their culture was being diluted by living in the UK

Over a third of British Asians do not feel British, a BBC poll suggests.

The research for the Asian Network discovered 38% of the UK residents of South Asian origin polled felt only slightly or not at all British.

Over a third agreed that to get on in the UK they needed to be a "coconut", a term for somebody who is "brown on the outside but white on the inside".

Yet 84% are satisfied with life in Britain and almost half think they have more opportunities here.

Half of the South Asians and nearly two-thirds of the white people interviewed agreed it was too easy for immigrants to settle in Britain.

Identity 'important'

Three-quarters feel their culture is being diluted by living in the UK and nearly half believe white people do not treat them as British.

The poll was commissioned to coincide with the BBC's India and Pakistan '07 season of programmes to mark the 60th anniversary of the 1947 partition of India.

Some 12% of those polled said they considered themselves to be "coconuts".

Meenal Sachdev, director of Connect India - which works with young Asians to strengthen identity - said she did not think British Asians needed to be "coconuts" to be successful.

Many British Asians consider themselves to be British but at home they are more in touch with their cultural and ancestral roots

"Identity can be a tool for success. I feel very confident about being a British Indian," she said.

"Confidence with identity comes down to ability and knowing you have as many opportunities as other people," she added.

Reena Combo, editor of Ikonz, a monthly Asian magazine aimed at young British Asians said: "I feel British but I feel very Asian as well.

"Many British Asians consider themselves to be British but at home they are more in touch with their cultural and ancestral roots."

But she agreed that some British Asians think they need to become "coconuts".

"They feel they need to fit into society and that society looks at them in a bad way," she added.

Guest AuntJess
How Strange, these people do not feel like they are British.

_44027346_britishasians_pa203b.jpg

Do you want to tell them, or should I ?

<snip>

"They feel they need to fit into society and that society looks at them in a bad way," she added.

The lasses above don't seem to be trying too hard!

IMO they are the Asian equivalent of "Stepford Wives". Their raison d'etre, chosen apparel, demeanour, goals in life etc. are dictated by chauvenist male relatives and religious leaders. Their purpose is to be useful to men, produce children and not to be too conspicuous about any of it.

They are deluded sheep and I feel sorry for them, as well as irritated that they allow themselves to be lampooned thus.

Funnily enough, I as a professional English white male, from a long line of professional English (ok and scots) white males (and of course females!) son of a colonel who spent his life working for the good of the nation, feel very little attachment to this once great nation. The lies, ******** and authoritarianism combined with the glamorisation of stupidity and thuggery have combined in little under a decade to destroy the very fabric that made us who we were as a nation. Now we are a country of scum, led by scum, fed on ******** by even bigger scum.

Frankly it disgusts me. If you were to turn your hatred to the things that detract from our former position as a world leader of morality, education, innovation, productivity, manners, tolerance and essential freedom backed with a stiff upper lip and cold steel, rather than barking up the government sponsered red herring of immigration, then I would wholeheartedly agree.

Sadly I see a different root cause to the problem than you do, and while you may well have some valid points, I simply cannot agree with the main thrust of your intent.

They are not British period just tourists in our country...................................

Its immigration of trash cultures in recent years then has eroded our countries standing and moralities etc. Its precisly because of immigration that most feel no attachment to our country. Difficult to feel at home when there is a bunch of Rumaniam gypsies hassling your kids on there way to school.

Same goes for liberals who have created a beneift/dependency culture and now sit on their high horses and look down in judgement................

Guest AuntJess
Funnily enough, I as a professional English white male, from a long line of professional English (ok and scots) white males (and of course females!) son of a colonel who spent his life working for the good of the nation, feel very little attachment to this once great nation. The lies, ******** and authoritarianism combined with the glamorisation of stupidity and thuggery have combined in little under a decade to destroy the very fabric that made us who we were as a nation. Now we are a country of scum, led by scum, fed on ******** by even bigger scum.

Frankly it disgusts me. If you were to turn your hatred to the things that detract from our former position as a world leader of morality, education, innovation, productivity, manners, tolerance and essential freedom backed with a stiff upper lip and cold steel, rather than barking up the government sponsered red herring of immigration, then I would wholeheartedly agree.

Sadly I see a different root cause to the problem than you do, and while you may well have some valid points, I simply cannot agree with the main thrust of your intent.

I tend to agree about the % of shirkers increasing overall, but am fairly disgusted at anyone who thinks himself sufficiently ranked above his fellow man to call them 'scum'. You who have taken this high moral tone with some on here, feel entitled to chide them... yet YOU look down on others. Ascribing your motives to others, perhaps? Good old Freud. He always said that everything was 'projection'.

I am perplexed by your last paragraph in particular. What is this different root problem that you see that I don't... and what intent do I have?

I'd like it spelled out rather than couched in vague terms. :mellow:

Contrary to you, I am a professional female, from a long line of blue collar workers, lived in lowly accomodation until I became an adult. I watched my mother and father work themselves to death, whilst they watched a corrupt system hand out money to almost anyone but them: being a deserving case seemed to have little to do with it.

If you mean what I think you mean, wait till you have walked the walk, then you might be less sanctimonious. Easy to stand in judgement when you have been perched on your 'island' whilst your 'fellows' have waded through the swamps.

I also am pretty disgusted that any sane person, could countenance such rank sexism and oppression en masse and stand by whilst it is perpetuated. But then you are a man, so can have no insight into what it is like to be a woman who is treated worse than an animal, by members of your own family. You sound like the son of an army man, priding himself on the glorious empire, going on about our superior place in the world. In one breath you castigate for criticising another culture, in the next pride yourself on our previous "superiority".

Get your head on straight, do.

I tend to agree about the % of shirkers increasing overall, but am fairly disgusted at anyone who thinks himself sufficiently ranked above his fellow man to call them 'scum'. You who have taken this high moral tone with some on here, feel entitled to chide them... yet YOU look down on others.

Get your head on straight, do.

I wasn't talking to you, perhaps you should go in the kitchen where the flow of conversation remains at your level.

And yes, I am quite capable of judging scum by the way they behave. I am suprised you are not so able. Perhaps you should get out more.

Guest AuntJess
I wasn't talking to you, perhaps you should go in the kitchen where the flow of conversation remains at your level.

And yes, I am quite capable of judging scum by the way they behave. I am suprised you are not so able. Perhaps you should get out more.

Well I guess guys like you think that's where a female belongs. I gave you credit for hiding your sexist attitudes better.

I note you did not explain what I asked. I guess cowardice is another trait that goes hand in hand with a macho-bully boy. :ph34r:

Their purpose is to be useful to men, produce children and not to be too conspicuous about any of it.

They are deluded sheep and I feel sorry for them, as well as irritated that they allow themselves to be lampooned thus.

In evolutionary terms they're winning though.

If their culture (Islam) can replicate itself at a faster rate than ours then they will win by sheer force of numbers.

We are the deluded sheep. We have given up our national territory "voluntarily" and their colonies are growing at a geometric rate. Whilst we through any and every obstacle in the way of our young reproducing.

This wouldn't be too much of a problem if we had kept the aliens from our shores. But the barbarians are now inside the gates.

You can deride them in many ways but by having large numbers of offspring they're culture will ultimately win out. We have the atomic bomb which we will will never use. They have the demographic bomb which they are using every day.

In evolutionary terms they're winning though.

If their culture (Islam) can replicate itself at a faster rate than ours then they will win by sheer force of numbers.

We are the deluded sheep. We have given up our national territory "voluntarily" and their colonies are growing at a geometric rate. Whilst we through any and every obstacle in the way of our young reproducing.

This wouldn't be too much of a problem if we had kept the aliens from our shores. But the barbarians are now inside the gates.

You can deride them in many ways but by having large numbers of offspring they're culture will ultimately win out. We have the atomic bomb which we will will never use. They have the demographic bomb which they are using every day.

To only reason we tolerate them is we want their oil. When the oil runs out the middle east will be Africa mk2 the population of the middle east will starve. Plus remember no human can evolve it's way around the amount of high tech weaponary we have.

I'm all for god re-flooding the middle east again.

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/27915 :P

To only reason we tolerate them is we want their oil. When the oil runs out the middle east will be Africa mk2 the population of the middle east will starve. Plus remember no human can evolve it's way around the amount of high tech weaponary we have.

I'm all for god re-flooding the middle east again.

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/27915 :P

You are missing the point of cultural conflict and asymetric warfare.

By the time the oil runs out in the middle east most of western europe wil be majority muslim. They will have won without a single shot being fired.

You are missing the point of cultural conflict and asymetric warfare.

By the time the oil runs out in the middle east most of western europe wil be majority muslim. They will have won without a single shot being fired.

I see your point, I suspect the hope is that they are converted to our way off life and or reform their religion before we are forced to reform it for them. Where there are roads, medacine, human rights, jobs ect.... most retarded belief systems are not needed.

Me thinks you are slagging off us Muslims :angry: ,Britain will become a Muslim Country within 100 yrs :lol: , thanks to me and my large family and others like me breeding like mosquitoes :ph34r:

Look at our culture we are bringing to Britain,and us sexy women in Burkas,and our men in pajamas.

We have a large Muslim population with a high birth rate. Indeed, Muslims are out breeding non-Muslims throughout Europe.

Just look at the development within Europe,where the number of Muslims is expanding like mosquitoes. Every Western woman in the EU is producing an average of 1.4 children. Every Muslim woman in the same countries is producing 3.5 children. Our way of thinking will prove more powerful than yours. :P

I see your point, I suspect the hope is that they are converted to our way off life and or reform their religion before we are forced to reform it for them. Where there are roads, medacine, human rights, jobs ect.... most retarded belief systems are not needed.

That's some hope to gamble the future of the west on.

The evidence before us is that Islam trumps any kind of developmental infrastructure. If you look at those who are directly involved in Islamic terrorism in the west they aren't backwoods peasants they highly educated and most have been living in the west for some time. Many Gulf countries are fairly advanced in terms of infrastructure and it's from these advance countries that the 9/11 hijackers came from. Its these countries that most of the suicide bombers in Iraq come from.

Those who "martyred" themselves in 9/11 were fairly well educated.

There is evidence to suggest that those who are most likely to commit acts of terror are educated muslims of non-european extraction who live in the west. They suffer a kind of identity crisis and rather than choosing western values they go to a polar opposite.

Human rights and Islam are incompatible. The secular notion of "human rights" is trumped by God's final relevation. How can you argue with the word of god? Of course they happy to use "human rights" arguments when it is their favour.

Guest AuntJess
Hello RichB,

I agree that we the British people have been misled, mismanaged and generally let down by those which have been in power for the last fifty years or so.

But the OP is surely only showing a symptom of what you hint at.

That is, just because we once had an empire (some 60 years ago), no one had the fore thought to think that perhaps we should have a look at our open door policy which meant that any one from a commonwealth country (with a valid passport) could arrive at our shores and enter, no questions asked.

With regards the cut and paste job the OP has done from an article (unfortunately no link), I generally agree that the stats the poll states would concur with my view that assimulation by new entrants in to a host country, on the whole, does not work.

Why? Well their differing cultures, differing religious ideals, different customs and ideas of citizenship all add to insurmountable differences which, on the whole, cannot be overcome.

Yes you will always get a minority of immigrants which will integrate which I applaud, but I unfortunately, don't see any major integration in significant numbers any time soon.

I have to say I agree with Norman Tebbit's Cricket match test. If one looks at the Indian supporters recently, surely if you are born here have gone to school here, shouldn't you be supporting England or is that too much to consider a reasonable point of view to take? :(

The author of this short sighted policy was - I believe - Duncan Sands, who probably thought that offering British passports to people on the Indian continent was a consolation prize for their being 'occupied' by the Brits. He may have thought they wouldn't be bothered to come over here.

I can understand someone calling another person 'racist' if they dislike a person because of their colour: Skin tone is 'built in' and inescapable. As well dislike someone 'cos they have a large nose or blue eyes.

On the other hand I reserve the right to disapprove of habits/customs which run counter to the values I was instilled with by my excellent parents.

- Don't take anything to which you are not truly entitled... (they never could understand why folk cheated and lied to get benefits. They were too ethical and honest, which is probably why they were financially poor)

- Don't take advantage of someone else's weakness, whether they be disabled, children or vulnerable in any way.

- treating others as they would like to be treated themselves.

I note with interest - on other forums in particular - that those who most bang the " multiculturalism is the only way to go" drum, are very frequently those who are highly unlikely to live in an area where there is a range of discordant cultures, battling for supremacy.

As I mentioned previously on some thread, my kids has their schooling impaired by the Hindu v Muslim 'mini wars' which raged in a town which was terrified of being seen as non-PC or 'racist'. That situation would never have been allowed to get that far, if we had had a PM like the guy in OZ. He welcomed those seeking a better life but nailed his colours to the mast - as regards how much he would tolerate from those seeking to impose cultural changes.

I also resent the term " Islamophobia" as a phobia is an irrational fear: Lack of empathy with a culture which is wholly different to one's own and disturbingly adamant about things which those in this western culture of ours, take casually.... Religion; the demeanour and dress of women... family 'honour'?! Can hardly be seen as a phobia.

The fact that there are those who seek to label others as soon as they murmur dissent gives me cause for concern. SOMEone, SOMEwhere is seeking to brainwash the younger generations by impregnating the mantras of " richness of cultural diversity".. " Isalmophobia", "racism" whenever the topic arises.

look we (Our corupt MP's) let them in so maybe we just give them an indpendant state within the UK but it's got to be a big one so i say they can have the capital London as millions will not need to move and lets thorw in a path down to the isle of white so that they have access to the sea for letting more in.

Cut off all DHSS payments and all the special treatment and it won't be long before they start fighting themselves and not us like they do in the rest of the world. i want them to be free but i simply don't want to pay for them to do as they please.

we can not continue as we are doing so something has got to be done.

look we (Our corupt MP's) let them in so maybe we just give them an indpendant state within the UK but it's got to be a big one so i say they can have the capital London as millions will not need to move and lets thorw in a path down to the isle of white so that they have access to the sea for letting more in.

Cut off all DHSS payments and all the special treatment and it won't be long before they start fighting themselves and not us like they do in the rest of the world. i want them to be free but i simply don't want to pay for them to do as they please.

we can not continue as we are doing so something has got to be done.

Madagascar. Its the only logical choice.

Madagascar. Its the only logical choice.

Why dump them on poor old Madagascar? These people have their own countries. Return to sender marked "package returned unwanted unsolicited junk.Please remove from emigration mailing list.". Sorted. :lol:

don't be so sure.

we may have Hi tech weapons,but all scientists know to be humble.(the politicains are the ego-trippers who think they know it all)

scientists make discoveries.....like toddlers leaning how to speak/walk.

we ain't the finished article by a long shot.

if another civilisation makes a better discovery than you.....if it's used in aggression towards you,you are toast.Period.

Might not even be military....could be psychic/psychological/economic.