House Price Crash Forum

anyone want to track south yorkshire?

im a rotherhamer and feel ive got a decent idea of whats happening as i know every bit of rotherham like the back of my hand.

ive been following prices, and average sell time in rotherham for the last 3 months. not collecting facts and figures but once a day spending a good hour or 2 scouring the numerous EA sites, looking and remembering properties.

I have one local EA friend and spoke to another through work to get a snapshot of whats happening, (rotherham isnt that complicated)

the GENERAL findings from these sources are....

houses from 80k to around the 110k mark are still flying out, even in council estate areas. little discount is negotiated and they sell very quick indeed. (0-2 weeks). that was the concensus of the 2 EA's and would explain all the SOLD STC notices on EA websites within this price bracket.

however over the 125k mark across the board are sticking. i personally viewed 2 houses, 125k 2 bed character cottage, 126k 2 bed semi dolls house with garage in nice part of brinsworth (popular area). The EA have rang me 3 times each even though i told them i wouldnt be putting in any offers as they were overpriced IMO.

i havnt looked too much at the 200k plus stuff but the same houses are listed with only few selling week on week.

even stuff in nice areas ie broom, wickersley seem to be sticking longer than a couple of months ago.

just a snapshot to get a feel but thought we could get a s yorks one going

I drive past Haigh on my way to work each day.. These looks like typical 1st time buyer red brick terraced houses but in a very quiet village. Around 5 or 6 weeks ago i noticed a 'sold' sign on one of the houses. A few weeks later i noticed 4 'for sale' signs go up.

I drove by this morning and all 4 signs are still up and the 'sold' sign is still there on that same original house. Looks like these have already started to stick.

Actually i was suprised to see these are going for the £140k + range.. I was thinking circa 90k. :blink:

Haigh has very good links to the motorway but is in the middle of nowhere really, no shops or anything. Its also on a very busy road. Bring on the crash.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-148...=1&tr_t=buy

*edit*

LOL it says 2 parking spaces. The only parking is on the main road which is really busy and it seems nobody parks there for fear of losing their wing mirrors. :D

Edited by narco

I'm a Donny lad myself - not lived there for many a decade though.... My parents still live up there though, so I'll ask them to see if they know owt... ;)

Ok so after weeks and weeks on the market they've dropped the price by a whopping £2,000 :rolleyes:;)

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-148...=1&tr_t=buy

Maybe its time to get real? :P

Troubled times in Haigh it seems.. this one is down from 139k to 129k, now 124k *** Drastically Reduced *** (apparently)

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-147...=1&tr_t=buy

Edited by narco

I did a little tracking of prices in Sothall (Sheffield 20) about 6 Months back.

Despite the EA hype havn't changed my opinion that some people are trying to sell above the natural ceiling in the area.

e.g., 3 Bed Detached seem to be going at anything between 155000 and 170000. Some houses a bit higher especially when they are the mock Tudor. (Original builder ran out of bricks, put a render on Blocks add a bit of pine timber on the top half, con the buyers that its cute and charge them)

I'm waiting for the figures on the land registry to confirm my view that Selling prices are lower than what they appear at in the EA's window by around 10%.

'O' and the crash hasn't started happening??

Sothall.rtf

Sothall.rtf

anyone want to track south yorkshire?

im a rotherhamer and feel ive got a decent idea of whats happening as i know every bit of rotherham like the back of my hand.

ive been following prices, and average sell time in rotherham for the last 3 months. not collecting facts and figures but once a day spending a good hour or 2 scouring the numerous EA sites, looking and remembering properties.

I have one local EA friend and spoke to another through work to get a snapshot of whats happening, (rotherham isnt that complicated)

the GENERAL findings from these sources are....

houses from 80k to around the 110k mark are still flying out, even in council estate areas. little discount is negotiated and they sell very quick indeed. (0-2 weeks). that was the concensus of the 2 EA's and would explain all the SOLD STC notices on EA websites within this price bracket.

however over the 125k mark across the board are sticking. i personally viewed 2 houses, 125k 2 bed character cottage, 126k 2 bed semi dolls house with garage in nice part of brinsworth (popular area). The EA have rang me 3 times each even though i told them i wouldnt be putting in any offers as they were overpriced IMO.

i havnt looked too much at the 200k plus stuff but the same houses are listed with only few selling week on week.

even stuff in nice areas ie broom, wickersley seem to be sticking longer than a couple of months ago.

just a snapshot to get a feel but thought we could get a s yorks one going

this could be handy

http://www.home.co.uk/guides/house_prices_...m?county=syorks

Dear Aussieboy;

I have just plotted the graph of Detached houses in the Sheffield 20 Area.

They seem to have peaked middle of last year.

This seems to be anecdotally to be the case throughout Sheffield, I grant you. Perhaps S10 is doing OK or perhaps I'm the new Sarah Beenie (but with moobs).