House Price Crash Forum

We are now expecting to see significant price drops on the other houses in the estate. We are really scared now that we have paid too much Can we do anything? Oh and we are in Scotland.

Any advice on what to do please?

No laughing please............................. :lol::lol::lol::lol: Edited by grey shark

There seem to be quite a few threads on there now along similar lines...oh dear....is it the sound of the penny dropping.

Love the fact that nearly every reply says something along the lines of 'this is negative equity, deal with it'.

Hugs (()) are in short supply, it would seem. :lol:

Guest absolutezero
Ahh diddums. Never mind - one poster said "don't worry, in 10-15 years the price will have doubled " :lol:

As some d1ckhead usually does...

Quite surprised by the backlash on there.

For an MSE forum, people are quite hostile towards him.

Are all those people some of us?

I haven't been on the MSE 'house buying' section for a good few weeks, you can see a real change in sentiment just from looking at the titles of the threads on the first page. :ph34r:

Us HPCers are getting a kicking on there! :lol:

First they ignore you, then laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win......

wise wise words.

Suddenly they realise that possibly, maybe, perhaps..property DOESN'T always go up. So it must be someone else's fault.

Don't shoot the messengers MSE-ers. :lol::lol:

Might see some changed footers in their postings soon:

Savings: £25

Holiday Fund: £5

Pennies Jar: £4.57

Outstanding Credit Card: £14,388

Negative Equity: £85,437

Edited by ScaredEitherWay

You are the kind of person that has pushed prices up...

Enjoy your negative equity

Negative equity doesn't matter unless you want to sell or refinance anyway.

:lol::lol::lol:

This thread is even better;

Trouble selling..

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=512501

Hi All,

I am trying to sell my house on housenetwork and its been very quiet for me for the past month. Its a 2 bed terraced house on a newish estate:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-153...=1&tr_t=buy

I first put the house on the market 2 months ago at £240K and in 2 days I had my first viewing. They loved it...offered full asking price straight away and it all seemed great...until 2 weeks later they decided it was too small (tw*ts). Since then I bumped the price up to £245K and had 2 more viewings. Feedback has been nice house, didn`t like the area so much (the council has been poor at maintaining the area, and we are opposite some council houses...but mostly the estate is privately owned.)

The past month...not a single viewing...anyone have any comments on my advert?

Thanks

Cheers Lynz. I got my valuations from 3 local estate agents (which were 225K,230K and 235K). Bear in mind houses sold in my area recently for 240K,240K,and 250K.

Yes I probably was greedy putting the price up. This was before the last rate rise tho

It is not selling so why not bump the price up. muppet :lol:

Edited by It is different this time

Utterly utterly brilliant.

This thread is even better;

It is not selling so why not bump the price up. muppet :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Don't be too sympathetic......!

Why don't we all ring the agent and put in offers circa 120K?

Then see what Kermit posts?!??! lol

There seem to be quite a few threads on there now along similar lines...oh dear....is it the sound of the penny dropping.

Love the fact that nearly every reply says something along the lines of 'this is negative equity, deal with it'.

Hugs (()) are in short supply, it would seem. :lol:

That kind of stuff on there makes me want to vomit. It's no wonder so many of them are in a mess - they are like children.

That kind of stuff on there makes me want to vomit. It's no wonder so many of them are in a mess - they are like children.

Quite - that's why they are so quick to blame everyone else for their predicament...Neg Equity? Couldn't be as a result of me making a bad decision, must be able to sue the builder, surveyor, bank etc etc etc.

:rolleyes:

:lol:

Sorry but it is funny.

To be fair, some do take responsibility for their debts and make a plan to pay them off. Fair play to those people.

It's the ones who duck their responsibilities and opt for an IVA (paying off 1/8 of the debt) or bankruptcy that are really pathetic.

Maybe we should do 'sealed offers' to excite the muppet with the highest bid £120K :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hey, lets not worry though, they like the estate, so if it all goes badly wrong they can sell up and move into a cheaper council house accross the road!

might sign up and use this for a giggle.

might sign up and use this for a giggle.

You meanie :)

Don't forget to add:

Earnings on Interest Per Year From Having STRd: £15,000

How Much Cheaper I Can Buy Your House For in 4 Years: £150,000

Edited by ScaredEitherWay

As a newbie to HPC, I'm disappointed by the 'ha ha you sucker' attitude to someone who just wanted to buy a home for himself and his family to live in, and ended up paying far too much. His type is the biggest victim of any property bubble, the person at the bottom of the pyramid scheme. The other big victim is the person who stays for years in unsuitable rented accommodation and misses out on the dignity and security of home-ownership. Both types of victim have a lot in common and most of us could have ended up experiencing either or both. It doesn't make sense for the victims to be spiteful to eachother.

Why not save our derision for the speculator who bought 100 houses, for the banks who gleefully financed him, or for the government who stoked the debt bubble and failed to tax property speculation fairly?

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/landlordspaytax/