House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mancghirl

Hpi Running At 40% Annually?

Just having a shufty at houses to rent near work, getting a bit bored of the long drive. Found a lovely little semi to rent at £475 pcm. Bargain.

Blow me down if it isn't for sale as well, at £160k. Owner paid £132.5k six months ago. Greedy fecker. :angry:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-150...=3&tr_t=buy

I make that a 21% mark up in six months. For those unfamiliar with the Scottish system, houses are normally advertised as offers over to encourage people to bid up. Fixed Price is a sign that the sellers are finding it somewhat difficult to shift their gaff.

Try this flat in Leeds then - it was £415K in Aug 06 and now its . . . . . . . . . . .

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-161...=1&tr_t=buy

thats right £750K or 80% in 12 months . . . . . nice work if you can get it

SB

Nice work if you can sell it that price, certainly.

You buy a place...

You sell it a year later.

You try to get the best price you can...

It doesn't make you a greedy fecker.

You're just trying to get the best price you can.

It's what people do!

If someone's stupid enough to pay it then that's their look out!

Caveat Emptor

Erm, point being this person hasn't sold. In fact they've had to move from Offers Over to a Fixed Price in an attempt to entice buyers. In Scotland, this is a sign that you're a bit of a desparate seller. Especially when the house next door sold for 134k in May 07 and you're asking 160k in July 07.

One man's property flipper extraordinaire is another man's kite flyer.

Edited by Mancghirl

Just having a shufty at houses to rent near work, getting a bit bored of the long drive. Found a lovely little semi to rent at £475 pcm. Bargain.

Blow me down if it isn't for sale as well, at £160k. Owner paid £132.5k six months ago. Greedy fecker. :angry:

It'd be entertaining to rent it and then watch prices plummeting; you could move out in a couple of years and watch them trying to sell it for £90,000.

(Or, if things go badly, you could watch it being sold for £300,000. Let's hope that doesn't happen).

It'd be entertaining to rent it and then watch prices plummeting; you could move out in a couple of years and watch them trying to sell it for £90,000.

(Or, if things go badly, you could watch it being sold for £300,000. Let's hope that doesn't happen).

I know - that's what I'm thinking. ;)

I bought a place in the village of Caveat Emptor last year, but it's dropped in value by £10k :P

Its a very nice place I gather, just down the road from me in Prima Facie :P

If things go that badly, the new owner will be paying around £1500/mo IO to get an income of about £525/mo :lol: