House Price Crash Forum
Pluto

Black Friday?

It is all shaping up nicely for a Black Friday. City slickers start updating those CVs.

I have just placed my bet shorting the ftse from openning tomorrow morning. £100 per point.

Actually it's not reall cash just on my fantasy spreadbetting account at bullbearings.

Guest grumpy-old-man
I have just placed my bet shorting the ftse from openning tomorrow morning. £100 per point.

Actually it's not reall cash just on my fantasy spreadbetting account at bullbearings.

theres a lot on here with that very same account I think. ;)

Guest grumpy-old-man
It is all shaping up nicely for a Black Friday. City slickers start updating those CVs.

I hope your right & it's a brave post Pluto.

"could this be the trigger" etc etc

don't get your hopes up too much! it only leads to disappointment.

we had this all a few months ago.

caution is better than this breathless excitement- not sure how some keep it up on here month after month when it never actually amounts to anything.

i want to see sensibility return to the market too but there is so much exaggeration sometimes in these topics. on wednesday the crash was supposed to be today! :lol:

well i guess there's always Monday! could this be the trigger?! :lol:

theres a lot on here with that very same account I think. ;)

Yes!

I just caught some guy on the other thread bragging at a 2000 profit today... But he didn't let us know until gone 4 of course.

Guest d23

i was waiting for a thread like this

fair play pluto, it's got to happen sometime

We need a natural disaster like a hurricane or will the floods along the Severn & Thames do :lol:

House Prices = STALLED

Interest Rates = ON THE RISE

CDOs = EXPLODING

DOW = RECENT NEW HIGHS

Housing Market US = Tanking HARD

Wages = STAGNANT DECLINING

Inflation = UP, NO WAY UP!

Can anyone smell depression?

i was waiting for a thread like this

fair play pluto, it's got to happen sometime

I agree. A search through HPC for terms 'black' 'ftse' 'day' reveal the extent of past hopes.

House Prices = STALLED

CDOs = EXPLODING

DOW = RECENT NEW HIGHS

what about the carry trade unwinding?

House Prices = STALLED

CDOs = EXPLODING

DOW = RECENT NEW HIGHS

I sure can. I dunno what my missus is cooking but I think it's burning.

House Prices = STALLED

CDOs = EXPLODING

DOW = RECENT NEW HIGHS

The above FACTS are always conveniently overlooked by some posters who choose to gloss over everything by taking the piss.

I will be very short on empathy when all this unwinds!

what about the carry trade unwinding?

stockbrocker type on BBC News 24 said FTSE was "quite worrying" but report ended quite upbeat with news of Ford making a profit.

Of course it will get interesting when bad economic news permeates onto the main bulletins.

Edited by rover2000

House Prices = STALLED

CDOs = EXPLODING

DOW = RECENT NEW HIGHS

Economic growth in the UK , Europe and the US is pretty robust though, there are certainly no signs of an economic recession. The US is not shedding jobs, indeed the economy is growing faster than expected and employment is growing. The concerns that they are ( and they are large concerns i know) are concerns over credit, not really the underlying economies which are in pretty good shape, and growing well, most commentators agree - in fact many economies are at capacity, the dilemmas are ones of growth right now. its hard to say this expansion will continue, and from the top of the mountain you can only look down i guess - but i think its a stretch to talk about depressions in the light of the economic growth we're seeing and Even Ford posted a surprise profit today after languishing for ages.

just my thoughts - i think the language of a tabloid e.g"CDO'S EXPLODING" does certain people's cases no credit if you'll excuse the pun.

The above FACTS are always conveniently overlooked by some posters who choose to gloss over everything by taking the piss.

I will be very short on empathy when all this unwinds!

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. It is time the markets started to punish the cocky and arrogant hedge funds who think they have re-written the economic text books. Very soon we will find out why most countries in the world decide to regulate financial institutions, and why London in its: "no rules" hedge fund industry will reduce the UK to third world status. Enjoy those financial jobs that make up 38% of our GDP while they last.

Guest Popalot
and I knew a 1929 post wouldn’t be far behind B)

One day maybe you wil provide a contribution to this website other than snide sarcasm. :lol:

and I knew a 1929 post wouldn’t be far behind B)

:lol:

You spoilsport. Can't you just enjoy the mindless enthusiasm for once? And be happy a great starving depression is on it's way to put us all in crushing poverty.

The real action is not in the stocks, it's in the debt spreads. Some of the movement is pretty scary. High risk debt, that's like so 2006.

Watch the builders, mortgage lenders and land securities. ;)

Economic growth in the UK , Europe and the US is pretty robust though, there are certainly no signs of an economic recession. The US is not shedding jobs, indeed the economy is growing faster than expected and employment is growing. The concerns that they are ( and they are large concerns i know) are concerns over credit, not really the underlying economies which are in pretty good shape, and growing well, most commentators agree - in fact many economies are at capacity, the dilemmas are ones of growth right now. its hard to say this expansion will continue, and from the top of the mountain you can only look down i guess - but i think its a stretch to talk about depressions in the light of the economic growth we're seeing and Even Ford posted a surprise profit today after languishing for ages.

just my thoughts - i think the language of a tabloid e.g"CDO'S EXPLODING" does certain people's cases no credit if you'll excuse the pun.

:rolleyes: Pissing on a massive bonfire just isn't going to help - best get your head back in the sand. ;)

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. It is time the markets started to punish the cocky and arrogant hedge funds who think they have re-written the economic text books. Very soon we will find out why most countries in the world decide to regulate financial institutions, and why London in its: "no rules" hedge fund industry will reduce the UK to third world status. Enjoy those financial jobs that make up 38% of our GDP while they last.

i dont know that anyone comes on this site if they really think that we'll be living in a third world country, presumably with third world wages and third world property prices, in a year or two. get a grip!! :lol:

i guess its all the illuminati's fault! :lol:

i dont know that anyone comes on this site if they really think that we'll be living in a third world country, presumably with third world wages and third world property prices, in a year or two.

I do. Well not in a year or two but certainly sooner than we would expect.