House Price Crash Forum

"credit Getting Peppered"

HOLA441

Dont know the details yet, but he is not one to send me mails like this unless there is something significant happening. Implications are that if credit is getting peppered (heavily sold) then yields are rising....hence motrgage fix rates go up.

Will keep you posted.

J.

HOLA442
Guest grumpy-old-man
Dont know the details yet, but he is not one to send me mails like this unless there is something significant happening. Implications are that if credit is getting peppered (heavily sold) then yields are rising....hence motrgage fix rates go up.

Will keep you posted.

J.

thanks for the info. Please keep us posted.

BBC news just mentioned a credit crunch coming, that's why the "turbulent" trading in the markets. ;)

obviously he can't show the email. :rolleyes:

HOLA443
Let's see the email

The email said nothing more than the title of this thread.

Just had a chat on the phone and he's said that the average spreads for the book he runs have now moved out to 400 points from 200 less than a month ago.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
The email said nothing more than the title of this thread.

Just had a chat on the phone and he's said that the average spreads for the book he runs have now moved out to 400 points from 200 less than a month ago.

You can see last month's spreads here

http://www.markit.com/information/affiliat...mmaryjune07.pdf

The XOver was approaching 400 bps this morning

HOLA447
HOLA448
You can see last month's spreads here

http://www.markit.com/information/affiliat...mmaryjune07.pdf

The XOver was approaching 400 bps this morning

so does everyone think i'm sensible buying US$ for my September holiday tomorrow, and that sterling's going to weaken aganist the dollar, or shall i wait?!!!

HOLA449
The credit market has shut the doors for a few months, trying to contain the losses and lack of investors.

Fancy yourself as a bit of a spinmeister eh? 'The credit market has shut the doors for a few months' - nothing to worry about - the doors are not locked, they've been closed because it's a bit hot in here, or is it cold out there? or cold in here and hot out there? - anyway, no matter, under no circumstances are you to be concerned ... 'What do you mean you can't get a mortgage big enough to buy up?' ... look, just hang on for a month or two, the door WILL be OPENED again, as soon as enough MUGS, IDIOTS, FOOLS, SUCKERS investors (sorry, struggled to find the right word there) can be found to buy the risky debt we're left holding.

HOLA4410
so does everyone think i'm sensible buying US$ for my September holiday tomorrow, and that sterling's going to weaken aganist the dollar, or shall i wait?!!!

Not got much to do with the topic of the thread, but I would say yeah, go for it....looks to be swinging back the other way now, so buy your dollars quick.

HOLA4411
Not got much to do with the topic of the thread, but I would say yeah, go for it....looks to be swinging back the other way now, so buy your dollars quick.

Dow down 101 points right now (no doubt it will pick up later on soe good news - a cat being rescued from a tree etc.).FTSE100 down almost 100 and FTSE250 down over 200 points.

Dollar stronger by 1c against Sterling - don't worry just yet !

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Come on! We're all dribbling with excitement as we wait for ARMAGEDDON here.

Change your dollars now, change them at the airport, change them when you get there ... who cares? We've got bigger fish to fry.

HOLA4414
Come on! We're all dribbling with excitement as we wait for ARMAGEDDON here.

Change your dollars now, change them at the airport, change them when you get there ... who cares? We've got bigger fish to fry.

:lol: Unfortunately, we'll still be dribbling this time next year.

HOLA4415
:lol: Unfortunately, we'll still be dribbling this time next year.

Quite true. A friend and I read a book in the late eighties predicting a financial catastrophe in fact we became quite obsessed that we might be facing the end of the world as we know it.

I can't remember what this book was called now "how to survice the coming crash" or something like that.

In the end a "crash" of sorts came in 1989, though it took several years to realise we had been in one at the time :blink:

HOLA4416
Quite true. A friend and I read a book in the late eighties predicting a financial catastrophe in fact we became quite obsessed that we might be facing the end of the world as we know it.

I can't remember what this book was called now "how to survice the coming crash" or something like that.

In the end a "crash" of sorts came in 1989, though it took several years to realise we had been in one at the time :blink:

Funny thing was - on the day we pulled out of the ERM and there was talk of interest rates being moved from 15% to 20% - in one go, just like that, abracadabra - it really did feel like the end of the world. And, for many people, it was. They lost their homes and jobs and some have never recovered.

Maybe if they had read that book and acted on it ... well, of course if people did that we wouldn't have the boom in the first place.

HOLA4417

I suspect the end always comes when it's least expected.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
Cracking article:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...&refer=home

I particularly liked this quote:

``By the time it ends, in three to four years, people will not want to hear of financial markets or real estate.''

Thanks...good article Tuffers.

just got off the phone to my mate and credit spreads have widened another 50 basis points in one day. he said this would be considered a significant move over a year in normal circumstances.

Cash is now king...hold onto your lugnuts....it time for an overhaul!