House Price Crash Forum

Britain's Out-of-control Teens The Worst Behaved In Europe

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

Personally, I think we give them too much carrot and not enough stick. I never misbehaved as a child because I knew what would happen if I did,and it was not fun. Children need structure, rules and consequences, both good and bad.

Today, they wear ASBO's as a badge of honour and view school exclusion as a bit of a laugh.

At the moment parents can afford to keep non-productive teens at home, even if it is in relative poverty. If benefits were to reduce then I think some might change their tune.

Bored teens cause trouble, it's exciting, it becomes a bit of a p*88ing contest with their mates and there are no negative consequences to put them off. If the behaviour causes very negative effects quickly then the behaviour soon stops.The devil finds work for idle hands.

HOLA444
Bored teens cause trouble,

Why are they bored? Because their parents can not find things for them to do at home.

Why can't parents accept the fact they should be bringing up their children and not putting them out on the streets to "play"

HOLA445
Guest AuntJess
Certainly not, I came from a decent law abiding family that worked hard for a living and brought their six children up to respect their elders, take out only what they put in, and lead good wholesome honest lives.

Gordon Brown as the picture obviously shows was a first class pot smoking retard, if he had been at my school his dopy looks would have got him a good kicking, a debagging once a week, and we would also had removed his testicles as he didnt need them.

Maybe his new image having cost the English taxpayer many hundreds of thousands of pounds has covered up the truth, however the old photos of the very Camp, sexually confused Brown speaks volumes.

He fits in with Edinburgh Nightlife, and Glaswegian Rent Boy images, but he doesnt represent hard working English Families thats for sure.

Well I have to admit that a child in its developing stages is a good indicator of what the adult will be. the adult just hides it better. B)

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
Guest Bart of Darkness
"Sensible policies for a happier Britain."

:lol:

'...and education could go hang as long as a boy could hit a six, sing the school song very loud and take a hot crumpet from behind without blubbing.'

I wonder if lauriejohn went to such a school.

Sounds a bit OVER-qualified to be PM to me! :P

A slightly more subtle Blackadder reference?

Edmund: However, if we are to get him to support us, he will need some sort of incentive.

Prince George: Hmm. Anything in mind?

Edmund: Well, you could appoint him a High Court judge.

Prince George: Is he qualified?

Edmund: He's a violent, bigoted, mindless old fool.

Prince George: Sounds a bit overqualified... Well, send him here at once!

HOLA449
i blame people for believing this cyclic rubbish.

the mods of the 80s, the dundee casuals and the frankie goes to hollywood haired, short armed t-shirt wearing tears for fears street fighters were much worse. fuelled by snakebite they could strip out any late night kebab shop in 3 minutes.

all i see from todays 'out of control teenage freaks' are nipping lager, talking about skunk and wearing tomestone sports clothing.

its hardly quatermass is it ?

i mean. im not about to employ the services of a 'paycop'.

In my experience British teenagers are infinitely worse than their European counterparts. That is speaking from experience of teaching teenagers from various European countries for 6 years and living in Europe for 3 and a half of those years.

As a fairly bad teenager myself I am not niave and know that kids did all of the above 20 years ago. However, we did have some fear of the police and adults. Now however, this seems to be pretty much gone. For example we used to drink maybe once every other week, but we used to do it discreetly. Now kids are justing getting completely wasted and rolling around the streets 2 nights a week.

Just go to another country and observe the teenagers thre - you will soon know that this report is at least partly true (including the headline)