House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dubai

Today, I Will Be Mostly Listening To.....

Just idle chatter.... (family away on hols for a bit)

What are you listening to at the moment?

Starter for 10..... "A gift of Wings", Ozric Tentacles, fanbloodytastic!

Crikey.... another hummdinger!! "Bong"..... New Fast Automatic Daffodils.... ooooohhhhhh!!

Edit: The most underated band from the Manchester scene..... ever.

Rush

The Corrs

Def Leppard

AC/DC

Status Quo

Nickelback

Foo Fighters

Velvet Revolver

Rolling Stones

Van Halen

Prince

Depeche Mode

Oasis

Metallica (except the last album)

Queen

GnR

I love loads of musical artists. Even Take Thats last album was superb!

I recommend everyone here to download Rush songs Xanadu & Witch Hunt - awesome

Velvet Revolver.... never heard of them! I'll do a bit of trawling and give them a listen.....

Talking Heads "Cities"..... pppwwwrrrhhh.

I am a bit surprised this thread isn't popular. In my experience, most people can't wait to let you know what music they love. It's a discreet introduction to your soul..... maybe people here are too focussed on "things"??

Velvet Revolver.... never heard of them! I'll do a bit of trawling and give them a listen.....

Basically half of Guns N' Roses (Slash, Duff(bass) and Matt Sorum(Drums)) and Scott Weiland (singer from Stone Temple Pilots, oh and some other bloke on guitar. More in the vein of modern rock than GnR.

Bought their first album and really liked it, I bought their 2nd album and didn't think much of it to be honest, but a few spins and it RAWKS!!!! I like albums that are growers.

As for Music, I love talking about it (see my thread sig below - have a forum dedicate to film and music (not picked up yet though :( )

Guest d23
Crikey.... another hummdinger!! "Bong"..... New Fast Automatic Daffodils.... ooooohhhhhh!!

Edit: The most underated band from the Manchester scene..... ever.

agreed, saw them play some minging indie club in south london ('The Venue' i think it was called, in New Cross) and they were great

for some reason today we had a bit of a 70's rock moment in the office; Neil Young, Lynyrd Skynyrd (the Free Bird guitar solo is insane), Doors, Aerosmith, Led Zep etc etc

I'm a big Bowie head, Curtis Mayfield, The Smiths,Stooges, MC5, Kraftwerk, Velvet Underground, Joy Division are also bands that I have obsessed about for years

In terms of music less than 20 years old(!!) I've been impressed with Sonic Youth, Spacemen 3, Kings Of Leon, Radiohead, Oasis, REM, Rage against the Machine, Husker Du, Nitzer Ebb, Dinosaur Jr, Bluetones, Janes Addiction, The Pixies, Tribe called Quest, The Clash, The Verve, OutKast, Portishead, Blur and many others too obscure to bother mentioning here

Music has been the one thing in my life that has had the capability of lifting my mood no matter what the situation; think I'd rather go blind than deaf tbh.

Been listening to Julian Bream and Pepe Romero........... then a bit of Crash Test Dummies.......... following up with a bit of Paolo Nutini's new shoes... some Royal Marines playing Sarie Marais and Rule Britannia.... then the Levellers followed by Dr. Hook... then a bit of St. Kris Kristofferson... and after that I'll play it by ear :lol:

Because bad people live there. <_<

Ozz... I'll pop over to your forum sometime. Sounds good....

d23.... my opinion of you has shot up! Anyone who appreciates NewFads can't be all bull!!! BTW, your "young list".... The Clash are way over 20. Joy Division.... absolute heroes in my book. Pity about New order... sold out.

Jonewar..... a very varied taste!

Oooops... what's this...... "Boxer".... The Chemical Brothers...... kazam....!!! B)

RAS MICHAEL : BLACK MAN LAND

max rameo

u-roy wilson

look them up in you tube :D:D

make sure you have a big spl.ff ready as its good to smoke to.jaaaaaaaaaaaaa jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

RAS MICHAEL : BLACK MAN LAND

max rameo

u-roy wilson

look them up in you tube :D:D

make sure you have a big spl.ff ready as its good to smoke to.jaaaaaaaaaaaaa jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Thanks for sharing that! never heard of them, but will listen... boy do I miss John Peel!!!

Bloomberg TV was playing sweet music all day :lol: