House Price Crash Forum

You Are Having A Laugh Though, Aren't You!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even the most ardent of housing bulls can't seriously post some examples of undesireable houses in the north in an attempt to claim houses are currently cheap.

Have you been to leeds recently? The town unrecognisable from even afew years back. The houses are not cheap, but neither are they expensive.They are priced right.

If you choose to live in an area where local demand has priced your income out of the picture, that is your choice. Either get a better job or move.

http://aryanunity.com/natfront/raceriot.html

Violence erupted overnight in the Harehills area of Leeds, with hundreds of mainly Asian youths taking to the streets of the city suburb.

A shop was set alight, 25 cars were burned out and two police officers were injured during six hours of disturbances.

Assistant Chief Constable Graham Moore said he believed the trouble had been planned.

"The events were criminal activity, pure and simple. We were called to the Banstead Park area at about 8.15 last night by reports of a petrol bomb being thrown.

"Police attended but there was no trace of any incident. However, this appears to have been the start of a premeditated attack on police officers, who were drawn into the area," he told a news conference.

I think what many FTB'ers are missing is that you have to walk before you can run.

The so called key workers complaining they cant buy a three bed house in a leafy stockbroker suburb is wearing thin.

Houses are affordable and if those wannabes spent more time searching as they do moaning then they too might join in the joy of home ownership.

At last a breath of fresh air.

I think what many FTB'ers are missing is that you have to walk before you can run.

The so called key workers complaining they cant buy a three bed house in a leafy stockbroker suburb is wearing thin.

Houses are affordable and if those wannabes spent more time searching as they do moaning then they too might join in the joy of home ownership.

Yeah, they're about as affordable as they were in 1990 - the start of that well known period of house price stability. :P

Of course the house prices are double the 1990 value, whereas earnings are nowhere near as high, but I'll let you gloss over that one ;)

Average household debt in the UK is approximately £7,463 (excluding mortgages) and £42,865 including mortgages

Thanks for that Charlie

And given that the average house is now 160k the average houseowner has over 120k of equity.

An average mortgage of 42k now how does anyone think that houses are not affordable?.

We have to face facts however much we dont want to hear it, there is going to be no crash in the near future. Very few people will go under on a 42k mortgage and certainly not be pushed into selling at a 50% discount.

I,m sorry I support KOTC when I look at todays interest rates of a few percent I think back to paying a mortgage with a 16% rate & borrowing commercial money at 20+%

But we did it it wasn't easy 7 years of no nights out one cheap holiday a year an old car but now its worth it retired at 51 all properties paid for

Some will say we were lucky I'll say the harder we worked the luckier we became

Life is a challenge some make it others don't but if you never try you'll never know

AGL152

Obviously an ignoramus, head shoved up his ****, sub-consciously can't believe his luck on how much "illiquid" wealth he's accumulated in recent years.

The dream is ending. You don't have to believe it. I wouldn't blame you if you didn't. The value of your BTL(s) is falling. Don't be fooled into losing all that you have accumulated.

In all speculative markets the value of any asset type can go down aswell as up.

You were warned!

Many thanks for your attention.

Guest Charlie The Tramp
Thanks for that Charlie

But don`t forget the bad news. <_<

According to the Bank of England the total borrowing growth this year has raised households’ debt to 140% of aggregate income. This is above the levels in the United States and most large European countries.
According to the National Consumer Council one in five people are borrowing money just to pay household bills, and one in four are struggling to meet bills and credit repayments. Six million families are already struggling to keep up with credit commitments at a time when borrowing is rising.
One in seven people entering retirement now do so with mortgage debt still outstanding, according to the equity release advisers Key Retirement Solutions.
KOTC, Harehills is a notorious gang area of Leeds.

Unlike any other town (as far as i know)Leeds has a huge stock of Back-to-Back housing like those on the rightmove site KOTC was showing us......being B to B they are only half as big as they appear on the pics.......

Such housing was deemed unhealthy and unpleasant even 100 years ago......unfit for human habitation

People do remember that there is probably a 1000 people on here at least that are potential buyers. For the bulls that's people that can prop up their failing market.

If it was all as rosy as they are saying they would be buying the properties they are showing us rather than trying to encourage us to get into the market.

This is the only real evidence you need. The number of bulls / landlords posting to this site increasing = the bull camp getting just a little panicky.

If all was well do you honestly think they would be posting on this newsgroup!! They would be too busy counting their vast profits!

It's wonderful to see them post. It would be better if they could actually bring to the forum some value by posting evidence the market is going to go up this year.

Obviously an ignoramus, head shoved up his ****, sub-consciously can't believe his luck on how much "illiquid" wealth he's accumulated in recent years.

The dream is ending. You don't have to believe it. I wouldn't blame you if you didn't. The value of your BTL(s) is falling. Don't be fooled into losing all that you have accumulated.

In all speculative markets the value of any asset type can go down aswell as up.

You were warned!

Many thanks for your attention.

presume as your post is right after mine you are refering to me

I may be an ignoramus boy but I'm also cash rich I hold two domestic properties both bought years ago for a different purpose both show a 25% return on cost I'm not worried about capital value as I have no intention of selling The rest of my income comes from investments & commercial property

I would suggest to many on here stop girning & get on & get lucky do some hard work

presume as your post is right after mine you are refering to me

I may be an ignoramus boy but I'm also cash rich I hold two domestic properties both bought years ago for a different purpose both show a 25% return on cost I'm not worried about capital value as I have no intention of selling The rest of my income comes from investments & commercial property

I would suggest to many on here stop girning & get on & get lucky do some hard work

what is ''girning''?

Pick any normal northern town . We'll try Leeds first off. There's 194 properties on Rightmove alone priced under 100k. In and around the 60k mark I can't see any boards......mate.

You're right I am on meds......'The truth'. It looks as though a lot of you on here haven't been taking your dose.

I will be administering your injections from now on.

KOTC.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/search.rsp/svr/...bmit_dosearch=1

OMG, I cant believe those properties you posted. Example have you ever been to collyhurst in Manchester, because thats where you're telling me to buy a house? Id get the amalgam removed asap.

From the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors.

Please note..........price rises in 2005.

UK house prices fell further in December, but at the slowest pace in three months according to The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)’ monthly housing survey published today, Tuesday 18th January.

This stability is based on expectations that interest rates have peaked. Completed property sales and buyer purchase enquiries showed little change in December, having declined markedly during the summer and autumn months. 37 percent more chartered surveyors report a fall in house prices than a rise in December, compared to a revised 46 percent reporting a decline in November.

December’s completed sales are equal to November’s and mark the first time in nine months sales have not fallen, though sales volumes are 30 percent lower than the same time last year and still point to a lacklustre market following four interest rate increases in 2004.

The flow of available property coming onto the market continues to rise and the increase in new instructions has resulted in higher levels of unsold property on surveyors’ books. These hit a 1 ½ year high in December and have risen 17% over the past year.

Surveyor confidence in price prospects for the next three months remains subdued with further moderate price falls predicted.

Almost all regions report a drop in agreed sale prices. Southern England and the Midlands see the most significant declines, with London prices little changed, indicating that the market’s downturn is likely to have bottomed out. Only in Scotland are prices still rising, but at a significantly reduced rate compared to last summer.

RICS spokesperson, Ian Perry comments:

‘Speculation that interest rates have peaked seems to have given encouragement to buyers during a period which is traditionally quite weak. With the economy sustaining moderate growth, the conditions for a mild pick-up in the housing market are in place for 2005, though any further significant rise in interest rates will knock back confidence.’

RICS forecasts a modest recovery in house prices across the country and that steady interest rates and a favourable economic backdrop will lead to a 3% rise in prices in 2005.

PDF DownloadsRICS housing market survey

Help with PDFWord DownloadsRICS housing market survey press release

Help with WordRelated articlesEuropean housing market review

RICS housing market forecast 2005

Market activity bottoms on hopes that interest rates have peaked

More related articles

Even the most ardent of housing bulls can't seriously post some examples of undesireable houses in the north in an attempt to claim houses are currently cheap.

Exactly, what is this guy trying to say? That after tax and all other expenditure I should scrape together 100k (on my own no partner) and then move to to some shit hole? No thanks.