House Price Crash Forum

You Are Having A Laugh Though, Aren't You!

HOLA441
Dear Mr King of the Castle,

Mmm, the very name suggests an inflated ego, no doubt fuelled by your illusion that acquiring a few low interest mortages and then further acquiring a few houses, which of course are not "yours" but belong to your building society, and then renting them out, makes you think you have tucked your shirt in and hauled yourself up by your bootstraps.

Your initial classic post is so typical of those who think that borrowing, buying, then letting is somehow a noble substitute for actually WORKING for a living. You are just playing a game with property, not PRODUCING any tangible goods or services, except for yourself. You may actually happen to provide a reasonable service, but aside from filling in a few forms, there's not much going on in your life as a BTL'er.

When your chips are down (as they will be quite soon), do pop back and tell us how things are going on in your life, and let us know whether you subsequently made efforts to get a proper job.

VacantPossession

I don't recall saying I was mortaged on all properties, nor do I recall saying I didn't have a seperate business.

please don't assume, it makes an ASS out of U and ME.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

KOTC...

If you are really in the property business (albeit BTL) then you will know the true nature of the housing market as it stands at the moment, or at least have some good idea hopefully.

Everyone has their opinions about the future of the housing market, so what's yours???

My feeling is that critising FTB's in the way you have means that you are not in touch with the market.

Dont feel hard done by because BTL's are being slated on this forum. Of course they are, they have done the FTB's no favours whatsoever. But that doesn't give you permission to come to this forum to mock others.

If you are self sufficient in terms that you work for yourself, then you should appreciate that you are just as exposed to market conditions just like anyone else.

You should think about this before you mouth off to everyone about how cool you are, or you might end up as another resident under Waterloo Bridge.

HOLA443
Guest muttley

Dear KOTC,

congratulations on having a successful business.BTW,what first attracted you to a site called www.housepriceCRASH.co.uk

Regards muttley

HOLA444
In that case why are you so sure that a HPC is not going to happen?

I was not aware that the youth who do not work are trying to buy property.

There are many posters on this site who are very successfull in business and others in their careers. Some with 40k and 50k deposits who can only buy a s**t hole. You are lucky having managed to buy low and good luck to you.

This economy is about to go t**s up and a HPC is only going to be a small part of the coming shock.

BTW I will be fine as many poster on this site know.

That's right, Charlie....you've summed it up ..the average earner with a deposit equivalent to 2 years post-tax pay (say £ 30-40k)..........should be able to buy a reasonable home and not the hovels.......they'd get now....

Such a buyer would probably be able to buy a place for £125k........

i live in the north and even here that'd only get you a 2up 2down in an iffy area!

......where i live is admittedly in a dear spot for the North but only just above the national average homeprice........

HOLA445
Credit is getting easier, there is no restriction, try a google search there's scores and scores of what you say is not available. Personal loan rates have actually come down with the advent of rates rising, A+L now offer 5.9% unsecured, the rest are following suit. I've just got a new faciltity with a major lender for a reasonable sum, mortgages are still being given away, as long as you've a pulse, an income and a clean CH. In fact with the slowdown in the market, lenders are getting more lenient, there's quite a few lenders recently laxed their criteria not tightened it.

Now if someone can borrow 105k for that 100k house, what is going to happen to that 100k house?

I didn't say I hadn't bought in the last 5 years, I said I'd bought most of my properties in the mid-late 90's.

To my friend Donnie,

what can I say? That's the impression I got. I didn't make it, you guys did.

All I'm saying is the site does not come across professional, you come across as a rabble on the precipice of revolution.

Simmer down.

Chill.

KOTC.

yes, KOTC (aka Dogbox :D ).......we ARE angry and a bloody revolution

would suit us fine..........especially if all homes were requisitioned by the state without compensation and allocated equally~!

When it comes to homes i'm an ultra left winger........far right on everything :D else :D

HOLA446
My sense of KOTC is that he is baiting us, trying to get us mad.  We have nothing to prove to him.  Time will prove if the bears or bulls are correct, in the meantime, lets keep the debate civil and focus on facts.  We also know that most HPC posters are pretty bright, hard working and some are weathy or have high incomes (remember the post on income/savings etc).  Mind you if KOTC has only skimmed the site he may not have a real sense of the site and the diversity of the people on it.  For myself, i don't post often, but do read it most days since joining.  I especially value the economic education and the exposure to many links and articles I never would have found other wise, not to mention the anecdotal evidence from around the country about the real state of the market that doesn't make it into the media. Keep it coming.

Baiting us.........ie a troll..............aka dogbox!

HOLA447
yes, KOTC (aka Dogbox :D ).......we ARE angry and a bloody revolution

would suit us fine..........especially if all homes were requisitioned by the state without compensation and allocated equally~!

When it comes to homes i'm an ultra left winger........far right on everything  :D else :D

With an attitude like that you deserve to be exactly where you are.

How old are you if I may be so bold? This sounds like the stuff the weird 'goth' group would knock out who hung around in the darkened corners at my sixth form centre. Most work on check out's/Burger King etc today. Unfortunatly you can't pick and choose which partsof capitalism you want and don't want. Please bear that in mind the next time you have beans on toast whilst watching Tom Cruise on DVD.

You should also get out a little more,there's plenty of affordable housing within good areas in the north for 60-100k.I'do you some links but I know there will be 100's and 1000's of properties. Why do you exaggerate?

If you choose to live in an exceptional area (as you say you do), then like all good things in life you will have that bit extra for the privilege.

The choice is yours.

KOTC.

HOLA448

KOTC..

Yes, i am sure there is plenty of property going in Baghdad, or Yemen right now, i could relocate there if you wanted.

However, as selfish as it sounds, i like my life in my little corner of the world, and my job. (surprisingly enough!).

Therefore, perhaps, unsurprisingly, i would like to have a house here too, (London), if thats okay with you, oh great one.

And perhaps, great master, if it pleases you, i could just hang around here and just see what happens to the Housing Market here, and perhaps, while I am at it, just consult the Internet about the whys and hows.

Is this okay with you KOTC, or perhaps i should move to some shoebox up North and stare at sheep all day. (*apologises to ppl up North*)

HOLA449
KOTC..

Yes, i am sure there is plenty of property going in Baghdad, or Yemen right now, i could relocate there if you wanted.

However, as selfish as it sounds, i like my life in my little corner of the world, and my job. (surprisingly enough!).

Therefore, perhaps, unsurprisingly, i would like to have a house here too, (London), if thats okay with you, oh great one.

And perhaps, great master, if it pleases you, i could just hang around here and just see what happens to the Housing Market here, and perhaps, while I am at it, just consult the Internet about the whys and hows.

Is this okay with you KOTC, or perhaps i should move to some shoebox up North and stare at sheep all day. (*apologises to ppl up North*)

As I say the choice is yours.

You could easily earn 30k any where in the country, if you choose to earn 30k within a capital city with some of the most expensive real estate (as it always has been) in the world then that is up to you.

HOLA4410
With an attitude like that you deserve to be exactly where you are.

How old are you if I may be so bold? This sounds like the stuff the weird 'goth' group would knock out who hung around in the darkened corners at my sixth form centre.  Most work on check out's/Burger King etc today. Unfortunatly you can't pick and choose which partsof capitalism you want and don't want. Please bear that in mind the next time you have beans on toast whilst watching Tom Cruise on DVD.

You should also get out a little more,there's plenty of affordable housing within good areas in the north for 60-100k.I'do you some links but I know there will be 100's and 1000's of properties. Why do you exaggerate?

If you choose to live in an exceptional area (as you say you do), then like all good things in life you will have that bit extra for the privilege.

The choice is yours.

KOTC.

I live in Harrogate, North Yorks and i must be a Nazi because I'm right wing on social issues but left wing on things like housing...........but i don't like Hitler and his cronies..

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Thats right, the choice is mine. And i choose not to buy. And the lack of FTB's will contribute to the HPC.

As for London being expensive real estate. Well you're certainly not wrong there. But then, hey wasn't Tokyo real expensive as well some 10 years ago? I wonder what happened there.

Hmmm, i wonder if London house prices will keep rising indefinitely? Lets just see what happens, shall we?

HOLA4413
As for London being expensive real estate. Well you're certainly not wrong there. But then, hey wasn't Tokyo real expensive as well some 10 years ago? I wonder what happened there.

Hmmm, i wonder if London house prices will keep rising indefinitely? Lets just see what happens, shall we?

Tokyo?

Oh you mean the place that is still more expensive than London is today, even after a decade of falls. That place?

yeah you're right, lets wait and see.

Good night.

KOTC.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Perceptual thinker versus conceptual thinker

The perceptual thinker takes data and instantly reaches a conclusion based on this data.

This kind of thinker is controlled, he is told how to think and act by the Government, media ,BOE , EAs etc. These are known as the “herdâ€

The Conceptual thinker takes the same data but doesn’t come to a conclusion he stores it into his conceptual memory data bank he does his own research and when he has obtained enough data he makes his own decision, he acts in accordance with his own conclusions he understands the value of money even in booms and is always in touch with reality.

The odds will be that the perceptual thinker who has been told how to think i.e. “get on the housing ladder now before its too late†“No more Boom and Bust†re-mortgage your house and Buy to Let for your pension†will be in financial trouble when the economic situation gets harder.

The conceptual thinker will have waited to get on the property ladder knowing that a bust always follows a boom or will have already exited the property market to protect his assets having made his money i.e. the smart money.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
Hello to you all.

I am a BTL investor and heard about this site the other day on R5. The chap in question was in his mid 30's and complaining and blaming everyone for his present situation (he said he was priced out).Reading through this site over the past couple of days it seems he's not the only miffed person. The level of animosity and hostility is truly gobsmacking. I bought most of my properties between 93-99, now i can't ever recall people complaining about my actions then. Why is it you all feel the need to complain now? Just because some of you couldn't be bothered to get a grip on your life, does not mean you now have the right to point the finger left right and centre. Having a home is not a god given right, it is something that you must work towards, and most importantly make sacrifices for. Some of you (read:a lot of you) come across as spoilt kids, who didn't want any sweets when Mummy asked you, but now that she's given them to Timmy instead, you really want them. well i've got news for you, they're gone!

The funniest thing is from what I've read thus far, the site is trying to be taken serious. So on the one hand you have someone trying to send out a press release, and on the other some bum wishing for the financial death of BTL'ers , and another joker more interested in the size of Kirsties ar*e rather than the latest p/e ratio! Let me tell you as an outsider looking in, you are hilarious, what do you hope to acheive here? post over 1000 posts and 'talk' your way to a house?

Sort yourselves out, tuck your shirts in,give your heads a shake,and buckle down to some good old fashioned graft. a HPC needs a shock to occur. The only shock happening around here ,for you, is it isn't going to happen!

many thanks for your attention.

KOTC.

You are obviously a complete ****, so can I be bothered to reply?

Just about. In short:

Property prices are unaffordable for young people.

The average age of a first time buyer is 34.

We have a generation of young people that cannot afford to buy a home and have a family.

Our birth rate is 1.6.

We are heading for a social disaster - our society is already disintegrating with families separated by hundreds of miles (or even continents) as people chase jobs and a better quality of life - mostly driven by housing costs. When there aren't enough young people to pay enough tax to pay the next generation's pensions without huge rises in taxation, then the fun, and the riots, will begin.

I personally don't give a monkey's f*ck about you and your properties. I am concerned about the propspects of a reasonable life in this country for my children.

HOLA4418

congratulations KOTC on finding this website you are most welcome.

If you stick around a while you will find alot of valuable information posted within the archives of this site of which some of it you might find useful.

Knowledge is power integrated knowledge is even greater power.

Good luck but please dont tar everyone who contributes to this website with the same brush.

HOLA4419
You are obviously a complete ****, so can I be bothered to reply?

I personally don't give a monkey's f*ck about you and your properties. I am concerned about the propspects of a reasonable life in this country for my children.

The more people (I use that phrase loosely) like yourself who reply to my post (in the manner you have) the more my post stands factually correct.

Many thanks for your help in this matter.

KOTC.

HOLA4420

A good insight into many BTL's is the way KOTC refers to the notion, as he sees it, of being a good thing that people struggle to get decent housing. He fails to understand that in a civilised and advanced society, housing is one of the few things which should not require fighting tooth and nail to acquire.

In ALL other aspects of life, the UK could be said to be approaching a vaguely civilised state, materially, in that for the vast majority, food, transport, and modest pleasures are not unattainable and generally speaking it is possible to attain a reasonable quality of life.......except where the rather vital aspect of SHELTER and HOUSING is concerned.

Why? Well partly because people like KOTC regard housing merely as an opportunity to make cash rather than being a roof over one's head. As long as that is the prevailing attitude here, and the rest of some parts of the world, decent housing will remain increasingly out of reach of people of modest means. And MANY people of modest means do good work and contribute to society.

Back in the 1960's and 70's it was considered reasonable for housing to be just under one third of the average person's monthly expenses. Take a look at the equivalent proportion today.

If people like KOTC have their way, before long it will be the "norm" to have to spend well over half one's income on shelter. And successive governments encourage this.

KOTC is a perfect example of why housing should be taken out of the hands of those who exist solely to speculate on it.

VacantPossession

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
A good insight into many BTL's is the way KOTC refers to the notion, as he sees it, of being a good thing that people struggle to get decent housing. He fails to understand that in a civilised and advanced society, housing is one of the few things which should not require fighting tooth and nail to acquire.

In ALL other aspects of life, the UK could be said to be approaching a vaguely civilised state, materially, in that for the vast majority, food, transport, and modest pleasures are not unattainable and generally speaking it is possible to attain a reasonable quality of life.......except where the rather vital aspect of SHELTER and HOUSING is concerned.

Are you implying you don't live in a house? If you live in a house then I'm sorry I don't grasp the point you are making.

HOLA4424

KOTC is correct..

Just because he makes some inflamatory comments about FTBs that is no reason for the barrage of abusive posts..

Typical UK childish behaviour motivated by the UKs favorite sin - jealousy.. Telling someone to ****-off (or worse) is pointless and says more about you than the person it is directed at..

Doesnt matter what he has or indeed doesnt have. If you are convinced about the merits of your arguments then that should be your favoured angle of attack - reason not abuse.

HOLA4425

mysticism is the disease, epistemological disease, of human consciousness which promotes, internally as well as externally, false notions that create problems where none in fact exist. mysticism is the seed of dishonesty that involves rationalizations, non sequiturs, and mind-generated "truths" and "realities."