House Price Crash Forum
dude wheres my house

Did Anyone See Panorama Last Night

It looked as if the landlords had 10 working adults in everyroom out in the garden and under the stairs.

If thats the case there will not be a HPC.

I am not anti immigration but i would guess we need a count done and an annual quota based on skills

What do you think?

It looked as if the landlords had 10 working adults in everyroom out in the garden and under the stairs.

I am not anti immigration but i would guess we need a count done and an annual quota based on skills

What do you think?

I didn't see it, but this would surely be MORE of a cause for an HPC!?

If all the immigrants are stuffed 20 to a house that reduces demand.... it will also drive down rents as obviously these people are willing to stayu anywhere as long as it's cheap enough. I can't see them paying anywhere near the rent needed to cover any recently bought 2 bed 'appartment'...

Uncontrolled immigration is very damaging to the whole fabric of society.

The whole Roma population of eastern Europe should make there way here, it’s only a trickle now but wait a while and it will turn into a flood when they tell their families back home how good it is here; free healthcare, free education etc..

The British tax payer needs to pay the bill for this; judging by the amount of flashy cars on the roads and every increasing retail expenditure they won’t miss the cash!

Yea - its not looking good for a HPC particularly with so much demand for housing

There is huge demand for Ferraris from 10-year old boys.....and yet so few of them have one.

There is huge demand for ponies from 10-year-old girls....and yet so few have them.

If demand was all there was to a market we'd all be driving Ferraris and living in mansions.

Funny how demand actually works, isnt it?

Demand is a function of credit.

Credit is becoming more expensive.

A 1.75% increase in IRs will result in a 19% drop in the amount of money that can be borrowed at the same monthly payment.

Think you can figure the rest out for yourself.

IMHO, Unlimited, unskilled immigration is just another government ploy to get the sheeple to accept national ID cards and keep wages low.

Edited by studdymx

Guest d23
There is huge demand for Ferraris from 10-year old boys.....and yet so few of them have one.

There is huge demand for ponies from 10-year-old girls....and yet so few have them.

ponies and ferraris aren't essential to survival

housing is

Yea - its not looking good for a HPC particularly with so much demand for housing

Demand for houses is unlimited; the limiting factor currently is credit and that's going to be in short supply in the coming years for a number of reasons.

What do you think?

If that was the case we would never had a HPC in the history of the UK as we have had constant immigration over the years, e.g the mining boom during the industrial revolution, the West Indian boom in the 50s and 60s, the Asian boom during the 70s with when Idi Amin kicked out the Asians. Didn't Leicester population increase by 25% overnight in the 70s. During the last crash every and and his dog moved to London looking for work. Trying to find a decent rental property 10 miles from London was a nightmare, nearly every empty flat in the East End was squatted. Thus with the high rental demand and population in theory London shouldn't have crashed. You had no problem renting out property but a problem selling it. If we had a constant flow of rich immigrants like Australia and New Zealand who all have healthy deposits after selling their houses over here then I would agree. Those who have sold up in the last couple of years in the UK will get something quite decent over there. Unfortunately here we have an endless queue of strawberry pickers, it will be a bit of while before they can afford to buy a place here in an overpriced market.

ooops saved another 15K by not buying last month. I am STR who had to move. Put an offer in 10K below price on market accepted but pulled out now its dropped to 15K below my offer price. Its getting closer to its 2004 price now :lol::lol::lol::lol:

For me thats 2 years worth of mortgage payments and my interest is paying my rent

London, New York and Tokyo have all crashed in the past.

Demand for houses is unlimited; the limiting factor currently is credit and that's going to be in short supply in the coming years for a number of reasons.

It may be a limited factor for some but not all. These are the people who will prevent a crash from happening

It may be a limited factor for some but not all. These are the people who will prevent a crash from happening

Those particular 10 people?

Seriously, how many households are this packed?

Those particular 10 people?

Seriously, how many households are this packed?

Not these people in that house but they are still using accomodation which someone else can't use.

If demand was all there was to a market we'd all be driving Ferraris and living in mansions.

Funny how demand actually works, isnt it?

Demand is a function of credit.

Credit is becoming more expensive.

A 1.75% increase in IRs will result in a 19% drop in the amount of money that can be borrowed at the same monthly payment.

Think you can figure the rest out for yourself.

Excellent points. I didn't see the show but we should bear in mind that Europe was expanded in order that 'illegal' immigration would lessen. (At least that was one of the political reasons.)

I don't believe immigration in itself is such a big problem. The real problem is our 'nationals' who no longer work because immigrants do it more cheaply. Then our 'nationals' go on the dole forever, then buy their council houses for tupence and sell for a fortune. Lottery wins await people who have kids instead of working. Social security and national health were never meant to be so abused. Local governments are going mad for money and expanding in a very British style of corruption. We could rip out the bottom of buy-to-let tomorrow if we had a will to introduce protection for tennants in the private sector.

These are huge generalizations but these things are real and they are happening.

Our politicians and our system is letting us down. I'm wondering how long the working middle-classes can continue to support these insane levels of pork.

How many layers of government do we have to pay for? How many pensions do we have to supply to local and national civil servants? How many 'artists' live on the fat of the land?

When the economy turns there may be more trouble than we can imagine. I hope we can find a better way than simply fueling the ultra-nationalists.

We really need to overhaul everything. We need to cut back government hugely. We need to get tougher on both dole scroungers and corporate scroungers.

But most of all we need to get rid of an awful lot of political scroungers.

Guest d23

What do you think?

i think this will more likely drive up rents rather than prevent a crash; don't think a crash is preventable tbh, altho it may mitigate the worst effects, but not by much imo

" Demand is a function of credit " ???????

Im sorry - this is wide of the mark. What happens if you don't need a mortgage? This makes up a larger part of house sales nowadays.

Im sorry - this is wide of the mark. What happens if you don't need a mortgage? This makes up a larger part of house sales nowadays.

Are you really bullish? Or is that a leftover from before; you know, when the market was bullish?

"Demand is a function of credit"

I'd have thought this almost axiomatic, i.e. ****ing *****ing obvious!!

Credit is fuel for burning.

What do you think?

A lot of polish are here for a few years to earn as much as possible to be able to buy back home,thats the reason they try and keep living costs over here to a minimum, I know one family who sleep in a van.There are already figures being banded about of how much money is being sent abroad its a lot.

What you have to remember is that if our workers cannot afford to buy because of low wages niether can they,the main problem is our social housing being given to people who come from here there and everywhere.

"Demand is a function of credit"

I'd have thought this almost axiomatic, i.e. ****ing *****ing obvious!!

Credit is fuel for burning.

I think it should read " the availability of credit influences the demand for housing" which is not strictly true as you can purchase property without the need of credit

Edited by Bull-Rider

I think it should read " the availability of credit influences the demand for housing"

There's a faint suspicion that credit influences the demand for everything covetable...

Here we go again:

But for my record here's why this type of unskilled, mass immigration is not going to save yours house.

1) They pay little rent and are densely packed into very low rent housing, which takes the demand down.

2) They do not bring in enough money to actually buy the houses they occupy. Is that £330,000 terrace house really going to go up in price because of the competition of a few desperately poor immigrants.

3) Immigration depresses wages.

4) Most do not plan to stay long.

5) This immigration is also likely to fall in the event of a recession as the reason they come here isn't to scrounge of the state, but to WORK.

There is masses of immigration in California and Florida, hasn't stopped their HPC. Immigration didn't stop the HPC here last time.

It's not relevant. Move on.

Or if you get your rent paid and therefore when your landlord puts up your rent cos of rising interest rates you don't care because Gordon is paying !