House Price Crash Forum

Jobless Couple With 12 Children Are Given A £500,000 Home

HOLA441

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1770

It has been revealed that the couple - neither of whom work and who receive an astonishing £44,000 in benefits a year - have been housed in the £500,000 property by their local council.

West Berkshire County Council gave them the keys after their previous council home burnt down in a blaze sparked by one of the couple's children.

The decision was greeted with anger and incredulity by the couple's new neighbours, many of whom have spent years working hard to struggle up the property ladder.

The Gillespies have been dubbed 'Britain's biggest scroungers' and are the most notorious example of people taking advantage of our generous benefits system.

The £500, 000 8-bedroom house that the family have been given in Newbury

GillespiehouseINS_468x719.jpg

Average wage is £23K and they receive an astonishing £44,000 in benefits a year. Instead of going to work they do overtime in the bedroom as it pays better! Ohh well we have only one kid so 11 to go!

HOLA442

Average wage is £23K and they receive an astonishing £44,000 in benefits a year. Instead of going to work they do overtime in the bedroom as it pays better! Ohh well we have only one kid so 11 to go!

Well you'd better pull your finger out.

HOLA443
HOLA444

Can u tell me which Dole office in Berkshire these people get this good benefits and house worth 500k, as feel i am been discriminated against as i am Muslim,i only get to stay in 4 bedroom house worth 300k which nice british workers pay for me, me also got 14 children and plan more babe's soon. :P

What is the difference in these people getting help with bringing their kids up in a nice house and nice 44K benefits, than the likes of greedy politicians like the blairs and co robbing and cheating in cash for honours and expenses,come of it everybody does it, why not cheat like the bankers ,politicians etc..... :rolleyes:

HOLA445
Can u tell me which Dole office in Berkshire these people get this good benefits and house worth 500k, as feel i am been discriminated against as i am Muslim,i only get to stay in 4 bedroom house worth 300k which nice british workers pay for me, me also got 14 children and plan more babe's soon. :P

What is the difference in these people getting help with bringing their kids up in a nice house and nice 44K benefits, than the likes of greedy politicians like the blairs and co robbing and cheating in cash for honours and expenses,come of it everybody does it, why not cheat like the bankers ,politicians etc..... :rolleyes:

Please tell me you are joking. If so, good joke. If not then I feel you and the people in the article are the absolute scum and dregs of human society. Why should myself and others pay to support lazy imbeciles who breed like rabbits? One pregnancy is accidental, 2 is stupid. More shouldn't be allowed. If I can't afford an Aston Martin, I don't buy one. If you can't afford kids, you shouldn't be allowed or feel it is morally acceptable to allow the rest of society to subsidise them and you. The family in the article should be chemically castrated and forced to go out to work. The kids can all be looked after - nursery, school etc and the mother forced to work during the day. The guy should be made to work 14 hour days, 6 days a week to try to repay some of his debt to society. We MUST stop paying people to have kids. It is always the less educated and intelligent who breed in such numbers when they can't afford to do so and we are merely increasing the number of benefit dependant scum who live in our society.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
Most people on the street are elderly and I think there's only one other family in the vicinity, but nowhere near as big as theirs.

besides the main story, I can't believe what this woman said. So most of these large family houses in the area are occupied by elderly couples?? No doubt mewed up to the eyeballs to enjoy a lavish retirement at the expense of the next generation.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
After 5 or so kids they must just slide out ;)

I'm surprised she can keep the ******* in there full term without them spilling out onto the isle of marks and spencer. she must wear adult dipers.

hey if this is the way the system works thats the way it works. everyone go home now shag your wife/gf knock up a couple of sprogs and ride the system.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
"Survival of the fittest".

This family appears to have an optimal survival strategy in the current environment.

To breed using the energy (money) of others is very efficient, evolutionary-wise.

VMR.

Precisely. They are the SMART ones and their genes will be successful and multiply exponentially. Whilst those who work and follow the system wait to afford to have kids when we are in our 30s or 40s and maybe have just the one child because fertility decreases with age. Too add - that is a very risky way of survival - the one child may have defects e.g be infertile and the geneline dies completely.

Edited by notanewmember

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
Precisely. They are the SMART ones and their genes will be successful and multiply exponentially. Whilst those who work and follow the system wait to afford to have kids when we are in our 30s or 40s and maybe have just the one child because fertility decreases with age. Too add - that is a very risky way of survival - the one child may have defects e.g be infertile and the geneline dies completely.

Social darwinism. We heard about it, now see it in action...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_darwinism

HOLA4416
Social darwinism. We heard about it, now see it in action...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_darwinism

Watch Idiocracy, it's like a crystal ball into the future.

HOLA4417
"Survival of the fittest".

This family appears to have an optimal survival strategy in the current environment.

To breed using the energy (money) of others is very efficient, evolutionary-wise.

VMR.

Excellent point. Mew Labour has created the framework for a new super race to thrive.

What will they be called? The Gordonians? The Brownians?

HOLA4418

My personal situation is that since STM in 2003, we have been renting and had two kids since, going for one more before we buy post-crash (getting too old soon as we are 38/40yr old).

Having lots of extra income (my rent is half the price of an IO mortgage) and better security (housing equity fund in the bank) means we have been able to have kids, pay for nurseries and the Mrs gets to look after kids until they get to school, rather than going back to work as a mortgage slave.

As to why people think they need to buy a house before having kids, I'm continually bemused. The so-called security is imaginary unless you can buy outright. Try not paying the mortgage and see who owns the house.

VMR.