House Price Crash Forum

The Real Rate Of Uk Inflation

I make no apologies for nicking this from another forum. It's truly incredible, and explains a lot.

burgundypulse.com

eggs up over 13%

No more omlettes for you naughty Brits!

that is a terrible indication of inflation

specially when you consider the recent large cull in chickens because of bird flu

and since chickens lay these eggs, the price was set to rise.

that is a terrible indication of inflation

specially when you consider the recent large cull in chickens because of bird flu

and since chickens lay these eggs, the price was set to rise.

this rise in eggs matches growth in M4 - naughty gordie

I make no apologies for nicking this from another forum. It's truly incredible, and explains a lot.

burgundypulse.com

eggs up over 13%

No more omlettes for you naughty Brits!

nice source for these figures (a trade union negotiating payrises); I'm sure (more than convinced in fact) that real inflation is way higher than government figures but if we discount those as VI then these should be taken with a pinch of salt too

You lot need to stand up and be counted. By my calculations, based on the rises of the components, the AVERAGE price of a full english breaky has increased about 9%!!!

'low inflation environment' my hairy ****!

edit - and if you want to POST that same breaky to someone, it goes up to about 11%!!!

:lol:

Edited by PropertyGuru

Much better avatar thats more like it! :lol:

You lot need to stand up and be counted. By my calculations, based on the rises of the components, the AVERAGE price of a full english breaky has increased about 9%!!!

'low inflation environment' my hairy ****!

edit - and if you want to POST that same breaky to someone, it goes up to about 11%!!!

:lol:

does anyone know of an up-to-date calculator? I know the ONS has the "personal inflation calculator" but it requires a SVG plug-in that doesn't work on my mac (beside Adobe are no longer making it - why can't they just do it in flash/java?!)

did find an XL spreadsheet on MSE/Telegraph (google "personal inflation calculator") but it had Dec 06 data which is most certainly not up-to-date

thanks in advance

does anyone know of an up-to-date calculator? I know the ONS has the "personal inflation calculator" but it requires a SVG plug-in that doesn't work on my mac (beside Adobe are no longer making it - why can't they just do it in flash/java?!)

did find an XL spreadsheet on MSE/Telegraph (google "personal inflation calculator") but it had Dec 06 data which is most certainly not up-to-date

thanks in advance

off hand, no. But agree, it would be useful...mabe HPC should create one?

Tesco Organic Eggs Medium Box Of 6 £1.59 used to be 1.26 last year = 26% inflation on eggs.

thats nothing I AM SUFFERING. check out the price trend for caviar

http://www.cge.uevora.pt/aspo2005/abscom/A...isbon_Bardi.pdf

is a bloody outrage! why arent people protesting! Surely this merits being raised at primeminsters questions? At this rate i will be switching to the cuvee 64. Browns Britain :(

thats nothing I AM SUFFERING. check out the price trend for caviar

http://www.cge.uevora.pt/aspo2005/abscom/A...isbon_Bardi.pdf

is a bloody outrage! why arent people protesting! Surely this merits being raised at primeminsters questions? At this rate i will be switching to the cuvee 64. Browns Britain :(

have you tried tescos 'value' cod roe?

vegetables - up 10%

un-f*cking-believable.

why is no one in the UK raving about these numbers?

Food has, until recently, been sold at (or below) the cost to produce but now the production based subsidies are gone. If you are not able to grow your own food and you want to eat, you will have to pay more than the food costs to produce, capisce?

edit: punctuation

Edited by scott666
Food, has until recently, been sold at (or below) the cost to produce but now the production based subsidies are gone. If you are not able to grow your own food and you want to eat, you will have to pay more than the food costs to produce, capisce?

got ya. co-incidentally, just saw a repetitive ad warning that 'if you don't have a rod license, you can be fined up to £2500'

looks to me like part of the control process is to stop people living 'off the land'. Ooh-err, conspiracy theory alert

thanks in advance

I could no doubt do one in flash, if I knew how it worked and could scrape the info off their site. Bit tired tonight though and have other work to do :(