Realistbear

General Election Alert As Labour Trounces Cameron

http://uk.reuters.com/article/domesticNews...20?rpc=401&

Brown passes first election test
Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:52AM BST
Email This Article |Print This Article | RSS
[-] Text [+] LONDON (
Reuters
) - Voters handed a first electoral victory to Prime Minister Gordon Brown on Friday, when his Labour Party retained two seats in by-elections, albeit with reduced majorities.
The results were a blow for the Conservative party, which came third to the Liberal Democrats in both the west London constituency of Ealing Southall and former Prime Minister Tony Blair's old seat in Sedgefield, county Durham.

October this year?

He must know that time is running out as the bubble begins to wobble a little more each day.

Speculation about an Autumn election was fuelled last week when it emerged that Alistair Darling, the Chancellor, is planning to bring forward the Pre-Budget Report from late November or early December and hold it in October.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml.../nealing120.xml

I think 3rd week in October. Unless the fan gets dirty before then.

Edited by Realistbear

gordon knows if he does not go this year, the economic slowdown will put him out of power in under 3 years and the Labour party for a generation. If he goes to the country now, even with a smaller majority he has 5 years to turn it around.

My money is on september - I don't know what notice is needed for a GE, but a short campaign will not cost Labour too much.

I agree with October.

GB has already said he only wants one term. He'll go to the country in October and then be sitting pretty until October 2012 - five glorious years capped by the triumph of the Olympics. :lol:

But he needs to get the GE in the bag before the honeymoon period runs out. I mean, at the moment I almost like him, just because he isn't Blair. :rolleyes: (And I used to hate him when he was chancellor.)