House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
maffo in oxford

The Sawbridgeworth House On Windows Live Spaces

Looks like they have a buyer.

if its gone for asking price then I'm joining STF and becoming bull. will the madness end?

OMG!!! I live in 'Sawbo' as it's known, and have been keeping an eye on whether that place would sell or not, as the boards have been up for a while.

That house is right on Bell Street (one of the two main thoroughfairs in the town), next door to one of the two 'decent' pubs in the town. I can't imagine what it's like at midnight when the other 8 scummy pubs in the town start chucking out. Sawbo has, over the last year or so, started to see the chav overspill from Harlow & Bishops Stortford moving in - so now has a nice set of three teenage gangs that roam the place swearing, pi$$ing in the alleyways (much like the one next to this house) & turning what was a great little town into Scumsville Herts.

I think it was on the market for 350k or something, and while it is no doubt a nice property - that can't compensate for having your window boxes trashed & your door vomited on 3-4 times a week!

Laugh? I nearly did.

Edited by garybug

It's been awhile since this thread started, but she's had an offer

"Well hit us over the head with a wet kipper! We spent Friday negotiating over an offer from the son of Mrs '90', and we finally accepted. They really liked the place and she has just sold her 5 bed in South Woodford, so keen to move in asap - 5 to 6 weeks apparently!"

http://relocating.spaces.live.com/

Well, the (local) son saw the house on behalf of his mother. The seller pointed out it wasn't really appropriate for a 90 year old woman.

Perhaps he's MEWd beyond his own dangly balls and wants to see his mother off quicker to save himself from financial ruin and public humiliation.