House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cockrobin

Labour Dope Smokers

Its now official, nearly the whole Labour cabinet smoked dope when they were younger, except for Gordon Brown of course because he is just a dope.

I remember how much s*it they gave Dave (Potato head) Cameron when it emerged he'd smoked dope, I bet they all collectively forget that.

Its now official, nearly the whole Labour cabinet smoked dope when they were younger, except for Gordon Brown of course because he is just a dope.

I remember how much s*it they gave Dave (Potato head) Cameron when it emerged he'd smoked dope, I bet they all collectively forget that.

she wasnt a real caner. you can tell that because she said "i took cannabis". if she'd been a proper rasta she'd have said "i an' i took cannabis" amateur :lol:

she wasnt a real caner. you can tell that because she said "i took cannabis". if she'd been a proper rasta she'd have said "i an' i took cannabis" amateur :lol:

I've heard Gordon is addicted to crack, especially the young variety..

Alistair Darling as well! White hair, black eyebrows, red eyes, enough to give any fellow tokers the screaming ab-dabs.

I can just about imagine him giggling and having the munchies...

I remember how much s*it they gave Dave (Potato head) Cameron when it emerged he'd smoked dope ...

I think you'll find it was cocaine that people were talking about when referring to Boy Dave and his sidekick George Osborne (who was photographed in the act!). Slight difference, don't you think? I think the public will think so when the story hits the headlines again just before the General Election.

p

And people are talking about the dope taking labour when she was young as if this is important on a day when it is announced that violent crime is on the up.

nice timing!

I'm not sure that anyone gave Dave much flak for his university snorting, and I don't recall the Cabinet having a go. More the media, surely?

Cameron confessed for the same reason that she has. Same reason that the England football manager admitted having an affair without any prompting. There are too many people who know, so you might as well admit it, get it out into the open and then you can't be ambushed later on.

Makes sense to me.

And anyway, didn't everyone smoke dope at university? Everyone I knew did. It amazes me that it should even be news.

Guest d23
Wrong. Cameron hasn't confessed, yet.

p

true

i think this whole 'cannabis policy rethink' is a pretty cynical move to bring Daves previous (hard) drug taking back into the media spotlight

will enjoy watching him squirm tho

I find the whole thing profoundly depressing. Someone smoked dope at University. Wow.

Symptomatic of bed-wetting moron media & moron readers, viewers, whatever.

Shows how it's impossible to have any meaningful debate about drugs, or just about anything else for that matter.

I find the whole thing profoundly depressing. Someone smoked dope at University. Wow.

Symptomatic of bed-wetting moron media & moron readers, viewers, whatever.

Shows how it's impossible to have any meaningful debate about drugs, or just about anything else for that matter.

It's terrible such a big issue makes taking us to war seem so insignificant.

Oh yeah I think drugs should only be legal for the employed that includes alcohol.

What they said: Politicians on cannabis

Last Updated: 9:40am BST 19/07/2007

Jacqui Smith admits to smoking cannabis

LABOUR

Tony Blair: "The only thing my father really drummed into me was never to take drugs. And anyway, I was doing so many other things that I never needed to."

John Reid, former Home Secretary, after a "minuscule" amount of cannabis resin was found in his Scottish home last year: "I have no idea where it came from, or when. There is absolutely no suggestion that this in any way involves me or members of my family and both I and Strathclyde Police regard the matter as closed."

Peter Hain, Work and Pensions Secretary: "I remember, when I was 19, someone trying to stick a spliff or whatever you call them into my mouth, angry that I wasn't smoking it."

Yvette Cooper, the minister for housing: "I did try cannabis while at university, like a lot of students, and it is something that I have left behind."

Charles Clarke, the former Home Secretary: "I was asked if I had ever taken drugs and I replied I had taken it a couple of times in my late teens. It is important to tell the truth."

Mo Mowlam, the late Northern Ireland Secretary: "I tried marijuana, didn't like it particularly and, unlike President Clinton, I did inhale. But it wasn't part of my life."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CONSERVATIVE

David Cameron, on revelations that he was disciplined for smoking cannabis at Eton: "I'm not issuing a denial, what I am saying is that I think it's an important principle that politicians are entitled to a private past."

Francis Maude, former party chairman: "It was hard to go through Cambridge in the 70s without doing it a few times."

Oliver Letwin, chairman of policy review: "Some friends put dope in my pipe. It had no effect on me but I was extremely angry."

David Willetts, the shadow innovation secretary: "I had two puffs and didn't like it."

Peter Ainsworth, the shadow environment secretary: "I didn't want to live my life without discovering what it was like."

Tim Yeo, the MP for South Suffolk: "I was offered it on occasion and enjoyed it. I think it can be a much more pleasant experience than having too much to drink. I found it agreeable."

Lord Lamont, the former chancellor: "I have not smoked cannabis. But I did eat a tiny bit of cannabis cake and all I can say is I enjoyed the cake but that is all."

you know they still smoke it, but i like the way they said i tried it but that was it. so they never liked it but they tried it and because they never liked it others can't try it.

I think you'll find it was cocaine that people were talking about when referring to Boy Dave and his sidekick George Osborne (who was photographed in the act!). Slight difference, don't you think? I think the public will think so when the story hits the headlines again just before the General Election.

p

Good on him, nothing wrong with a bit of casual coke snorting. Lib Labs aren't head strong enough to try coke!

How can we have morally bankrupt people such as these leading the country? Why aren't they being prosecuted for their crimes? These people should be made an example of!

Unless they grew their own dope then presumably they were putting money directly into the hands of drug dealers/organised crime. Scum!!!

People who take illegal drugs are aiding and abetting organised criminal cartels in the case of coke. In the case of Heroin and dope chances are they are handing money to the Taliban or other Islamic groups.

Effectively they are aiding our enemies and should be treated as such.

IMHO we should legalise all drugs and get our farmers growing them. The tax take would be huge. We'd be cutting off a massive source of funding for the terrorists. With the organised criminals out of the loop there would be no incentive for people to push drugs onto kids.

IMHO we should legalise all drugs and get our farmers growing them. The tax take would be huge. We'd be cutting off a massive source of funding for the terrorists. With the organised criminals out of the loop there would be no incentive for people to push drugs onto kids.

I totally disagree !!!!!!

Who the hell wants to pay VAT ?

How can we have morally bankrupt people such as these leading the country? Why aren't they being prosecuted for their crimes? These people should be made an example of!

Unless they grew their own dope then presumably they were putting money directly into the hands of drug dealers/organised crime. Scum!!!

People who take illegal drugs are aiding and abetting organised criminal cartels in the case of coke. In the case of Heroin and dope chances are they are handing money to the Taliban or other Islamic groups.

the problem with that is the UK's efficiency(ahem) rates go down,as people can't be bothered to turn up to work if they're stoned,drunk and so on.

notice the latest assault on booze...after relaxing the law they find that liver damage has increased and booze-fuelled violence has gone through the roof.

...so what will the solution be????(I'll give you three guesses,and it won't involve repealing the 24-hour drinking!!)

PROBLEM...REACTION...SOLUTION!!!.....doesn't taxing booze sound like a good solution?

The country legalising drug produce and selling it here? I can just see it..

Tesco Finest Real Hash Browns

Sainsbury's Basics Coke - No added promises but still The Real Thing

This is not just Weed, it's M&S organically farmed and lavishly prepared Weed...

(would just like to put my serious hat on, all drugs including alcohol abuse are no laughing matter, a real problem here we must tackle somehow)

If they (politicians) haven't tried it how can they make policies about it? Therefore I've more (still not a great deal of) respect for those that speak up and say they have. Just wish they'd stop referring (not reefering) to it in such a negative way. Let's face it, in moderation they are a great lubricant to social interaction and form parts of some cultures.

It's no longer a concern of the government's as to whether it's good or bad for you and I - it's more a case of them trying to work out which manner of dealing with the situation will reap more revenue stream.

So what they toked - as long as they aren't dependent, toot before/whilst driving, and don't spark up in the Commons fair play.

Guest Farticus
Oh yeah I think drugs should only be legal for the employed that includes alcohol.

:lol:

I'll smoke to that. The scummers would soon be queing up to stack shelves if they couldn't get their green fix

Given that a significant proportion of world leaders seem to have smoked dope and are none the worse for it, I struggle to see the justification on banning it for the rest of us.

Are we, unlike them, incapable of moderation? The rules are for us to follow but not them? Bunch of scoundrels. If any of them, Cameron, Clinton and the rest had been caught then that would have been their lives spoiled.

Lets face it, drugs are an enormous amount of fun. That's why people take them. The only trouble I have is with pi**ed people, shrieking, fighting and puking up and down our street on a Friday and Saturday evening kicking the lights out of cars.

If you want to ban something, ban alcohol and fags. It makes more sense. They are both more destructive than pretty much all the commonly used drugs. If skunk is to strong nowadays. Smoke less.

Given that a significant proportion of world leaders seem to have smoked dope and are none the worse for it...

It all becomes clear now...

What could have been.

Given that a significant proportion of world leaders seem to have smoked dope and are none the worse for it, I struggle to see the justification on banning it for the rest of us.

Are we, unlike them, incapable of moderation? The rules are for us to follow but not them? Bunch of scoundrels. If any of them, Cameron, Clinton and the rest had been caught then that would have been their lives spoiled.

Lets face it, drugs are an enormous amount of fun. That's why people take them. The only trouble I have is with pi**ed people, shrieking, fighting and puking up and down our street on a Friday and Saturday evening kicking the lights out of cars.

If you want to ban something, ban alcohol and fags. It makes more sense. They are both more destructive than pretty much all the commonly used drugs. If skunk is to strong nowadays. Smoke less.

Good point methinks. If alcohol was a new drug to hit the UK, there`d be real crazy moral panics, a raft of legislation and police raids left right and centre. I`ve never seen anyone become violent after smoking dope (the worst thing I witnessed was a white-out when I thought my friend had died!!) :lol:

Alcohol is most certainly a very destructive substance; of course, any drug used in moderation can be quite good (except smack and LSD), but then when have the English been known for moderation!? :(

I agree that there is little difference between drugs and alcohol/fags except the fact they are illegal!

To have our law makers confess to breaking the law and then not being prosecuted is a nonsense.

They have directly funded gangsters and terrorism and deserve prison!

That said prohibition doesn't work. Best legalise the lot and cut out the gangsters.

And people are talking about the dope taking labour when she was young as if this is important on a day when it is announced that violent crime is on the up.

nice timing!

given the policies this lot have come up with,wasn't it obvious they'd been at the chemicals?

...even the most intoxicated beer-monster couldn't devise some of the far-out laws this lot have.

I'm surprised it wasn't LSD...they all seem to be on a parallel universe....ps weren't all these guys around at the time of aldermaston marches/woodstock and so on.

magic roundabout anyone???? :rolleyes: