House Price Crash Forum

Investment Help

Phil2454

HOLA441

Hi all

ive just completed my house sale and moved into a rented property its left me £44,000 to invest I have allready invested in

£4,500 in gold bars

£5,000 savings account what tracks the base rate

£3,000 cash isa

I am looking at investing in the rest but not sure where i dont mind some in medium risk anyone with ideas?

HOLA442
Hi all

ive just completed my house sale and moved into a rented property its left me £44,000 to invest I have allready invested in

£4,500 in gold bars

£3,000 cash isa

I am looking at investing in the rest but not sure where i dont mind some in medium risk anyone with ideas?

I would stick 50% (£22,000) in UK or Europe Index tracker but only if you are willing to leave it there for 5 years minimum. The rest put in savings accounts or cash ISAs etc. If you are not happy to leave it alone for 5 years plus I would stick it all in savings accounts or cash ISAs etc,

Edited by penbat1

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA443
Hi all

£4,500 in gold bars

£3,000 cash isa

Hi, :rolleyes:

It is our responsible to think many times while investing our property...

I gone through your post I think you can get a best solution for your problem by following the great Book " Money for nothing and your property for free".

Available at http://www.propertyinvestmentsecrets.co.uk/offer/mfn.htm

Edited by Anonn

HOLA444
Hi, :rolleyes:

It is our responsible to think many times while investing our property...

I gone through your post I think you can get a best solution for your problem by following the great Book " Money for nothing and your property for free".

Available at http://www.propertyinvestmentsecrets.co.uk/offer/mfn.htm

Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam!

HOLA445
  • 4 weeks later...
HOLA446

There are some good fixed rate cash bonds about Birmingham midshires has one paying 6.7% fixed for 1 year.

Stock markets been very volatile lately and I certainly wouldn't advise sticking cash in until things have settled down a bit in a few months time maybe but if a big correction happens in the coming months it might be a good buying oppertunity to get some sort of a tracker using the rest of your ISA allowance.

The other slightly more riskier option would be to do some financial research and pick one stock that you think has rising prospects. There's always tips in the broadsheets. Research any tips you read further on the web financial pages and bulletin boards. Once you think you've found your stock buy it with your remaining 4K ISA allowance using a self select isa. (e.g. selftrade).

Yes this is putting all your eggs in one basket but if you stick to a blue chip company your not going to get toasted and lose everything on the other hand if you choose wisely you could make a good profit.

I think you should be mostly in cash though. Just use your remaining ISA allowance to dip you toe in the water stock market wise. There are plenty of people predicting a big correction in the stock market could be on the cards.

One share that maybe you could take a look at for starters: BP (not without issues but looks cheap to me)