House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
uncle_monty

Premiership Footballer Has Cars Seized By Bailiffs

Carlton Cole, West Ham striker, has had 4 cars worth a total of £264k repossesed for failing to keep up payments.

He's on £20k p.w.

When you see this kind of irresponsible spending, you know we've got a debt problem. What a muppet! :lol:

Guest Bart of Darkness

Link

The West Ham player had a £132,000 Bentley Continental GTC, two BMWs and a Mini Cooper taken away after he failed to keep up repayments.

In total the cars, including his favourite the Bentley, were worth about £264,000.

Cole, 23, who earns £20,000 a week, had to hand over his keys after bailiffs visited his Staines home.

Dear god in heaven, what an utter twonk.

Still, I guess it's really just the normal financial foolishness that many people seem to suffer from, exacerbated his larger than life salary.

Has this guy never heard of saving. One weeks wages would have bought the Mini Cooper surely?

Here's a second hand one for 13k.

Second hand, oh I can't be seen driving second hand.

Well you can't be seen driving your new one either now, can you, you MUPPET!

Link

Here's a second hand one for 13k.

Second hand, oh I can't be seen driving second hand.

Well you can't be seen driving your new one either now, can you, you MUPPET!

Don't do that to me! I thought that the price of Bentley Continentals had crashed to £13k for a moment there! Thats my trigger point for piling back in the stockmarket - when I see hedge fund managers having to hand back their Ferraris and Bentleys.

I might even consider getting one to be driven around for me by a chauffeur but only when they are being auctioned off for peanuts.

He should have done what sensible pro footballers do. Invested in property ;)

Not necessarily in the UK either before I start WW3 :lol:

Some of his fellow players in the premership will be on a £80k-£100k per week therefore he does suffer relative povety. Rather than poke fun at him why dont the West Ham Supprters club get together to help him manage, like agree to pay his milk bill, another to drive him around, another to do the washing etc. Help like this would perhaps enable him to keep, if not all but, most of his cars.

He should have done what sensible pro footballers do. Invested in property ;)

Not necessarily in the UK either before I start WW3 :lol:

I though footballers always invested in pubs/clubs/resturants? Maybe they have to diverify into cars as all the pubs have recently been converted into BTL portfolio properties! :P

Probably can't read or count and his agent probably overlooked the direct debit mandates. Or maybe his telephone Ladbroke account took precedence and the fear of walking with a limp outweighed peer group pressure.

Its like Mohammed Al-fayad said recently 'to win now you have to pay some kid who can hardly read or write 100k a week - its ridiculous'. 20k a week - in real terms most people dont earn that in a year! I hope he loses everything if he is that stupid.

Its like Mohammed Al-fayad said recently 'to win now you have to pay some kid who can hardly read or write 100k a week - its ridiculous'.

Yes..a very shrewd man...but it wont get him a passport though!