House Price Crash Forum

Why Hasnt My House Sold

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kaz, is your house near the infamous 'Lost City'?

Lost City

No its not its on the boarder of wednesbury. Plus half the stuff i have just read on there is not true, i dont see any chavs on the street, but like i said everywhere has bad places. look at some of london, and look at the house prices there. do you believe everything you read.

No its not its on the boarder of wednesbury. Plus half the stuff i have just read on there is not true, i dont see any chavs on the street, but like i said everywhere has bad places. look at some of london, and look at the house prices there. do you believe everything you read.

I live down the road and have heard the stories for myself - I only put the link up for other members of the forum so they would understand what I was talking about. :rolleyes:

Or the fact that Tipton is built on unmapped mineshafts!

Where did you get that from, thousands of people have or do live in tipton, but i supose you live somwhere thats immaculate has no crime, no chavs etc.... WAKE UP

Where did you get that from, thousands of people have or do live in tipton, but i supose you live somwhere thats immaculate has no crime, no chavs etc.... WAKE UP

Chill out Kaz, no need to shout... :rolleyes:

Do you not know your local history? It's not called the Black Country for nothing – the Black Country is denoted by the coal veins that run through the area. During the industrial revolution these where mined by small operations (backyard miners) as it was relatively close to the surface and as a result many of the mine shafts have been covered and left unmapped. The Birmingham New Road/Wolverhampton Road has opened up in the past and IIRC a bus went into one of the holes.

Edited by OurDayWillCome
I live down the road and have heard the stories for myself - I only put the link up for other members of the forum so they would understand what I was talking about. :rolleyes:

So if you live down the road why do you need to hear the stories according to that website you should be able to see for yourself.

I've never come across a newbie as touchy and rude as you Kaz.. calm down theres a good lass. :rolleyes:

Kaz,

I think your attitude is refreshing - disregard the insults you've been receiving, it's all just banter.

I am genuinely interested to know what led you to this site and why you think your house is not selling?

Thanks

:rolleyes:

Not sure where i got the site from, and i dont know why my house isnt selling. My atitude towards the house is great and we dont need to move we want to and can afford to do it, personally i dont think house prices will drop that much i think interest rates will. House prices have been increasing for years and i think that they are slowing now. I think our house will sell and we will drop the price in time. The house we have fell in love with is being reviewed at the moment - should be able to extend the reservation on it.

The vendor has accepted our offer and is in no hurry to move he is the end of the chain. I think people are looking for a bigger house than we have but thwere is nothing we can do about it now,

I am sorry for coming on here i didnt know what the site was really about but i thought i could get opinions on the market and what the house prices are doing at the moment. I am not a troll - didnt think they hung around this much anyway and normally start of a contraversal (spp) topic i didnt think this was one and too be honest i have really started off anything, wasnt expecting to make this much of an impact really.

I've never come across a newbie as touchy and rude as you Kaz.. calm down theres a good lass. :rolleyes:

Me rude ever since i came on for advice all i have had is rude comments, and being called a troll, i am perfectly calm, just in need to sell my house. How can you call me rude, - JUST BECAUSE I PUT THINGS IN CAPITAL LETTERS - get a grip.

Not sure where i got the site from, and i dont know why my house isnt selling. My atitude towards the house is great and we dont need to move we want to and can afford to do it, personally i dont think house prices will drop that much i think interest rates will. House prices have been increasing for years and i think that they are slowing now. I think our house will sell and we will drop the price in time. The house we have fell in love with is being reviewed at the moment - should be able to extend the reservation on it.

The vendor has accepted our offer and is in no hurry to move he is the end of the chain. I think people are looking for a bigger house than we have but thwere is nothing we can do about it now,

I am sorry for coming on here i didnt know what the site was really about but i thought i could get opinions on the market and what the house prices are doing at the moment. I am not a troll - didnt think they hung around this much anyway and normally start of a contraversal (spp) topic i didnt think this was one and too be honest i have really started off anything, wasnt expecting to make this much of an impact really.

are you thick

drop the price

end of

Guest Skint Academic
personally i dont think house prices will drop that much i think interest rates will. House prices have been increasing for years and i think that they are slowing now. I think our house will sell and we will drop the price in time.

I'm not vying for an argument here, but I'm genuinely interested in why you think this.

Guest Shedfish

i remember meeting a couple of canadians on a train once - they had both moved (separately) to the Tipton area as they'd heard it was the most densely populated place in the UK, and presumably wanted a contrast from their mother country

Erm... yes i said we will in time

if this post is annoying you go away no one has asked you to post.

no what annoys me are trolls like you who come on here and keep a thread going on and on because they are either bored, stupid or insecure

>>>personally i dont think house prices will drop that much i think interest rates will.

Kaz, what makes you believe that? You know that over the years the rate of interest has yoyoed up and down almost constantly? In the nineties they went as high as 7.5% - and in the not too distant past they were at around 15% - there's nothing to stop that from happening again.

And you know what happened to house prices in the last crash during the early nineties right? You know that they fell by 40%?

People round here will talk about the "cyclical economy" which basically means - what goes up must come down, and usually with a sharp bump. Even if you don't understand all the economic stuff, the simple truth of the matter is that house prices and interest rates always, always bounce up and down.

Hello. As it has been said, if it isn't selling, drop the price. Neither the price you paid, nor how much you owe, have any bearing whatsoever on how much it is "worth" (how much you can sell your house for).

Don't let these guys scare you off. It is seriously and vitally in your interest to read the posts, articles, graphs and data on this website. If you don't drop your price now and cut your losses, you could be living in a 1 BR house for a long, long time. Apparently, after the last crash (early 90's), it took around 7 years for the prices just to get back where they were at the peak.

I don't know how old you are, or what your situation is, but if you want to start a family any time in the next few years, get rid of that house now.

This advice is based on the consensus opinion of this site, that we are heading for a crash.

. . . Lost City . . .

Actually it's near the infamous lost city of Birmingham, a cultural desert and a desert in every other sense except being warm. Birmingham was concluded to be, inter alia, the city in Europe over 1m population with the least culture and nightlife, and the largest city in Europe without a Metro, by an international assessment committe during one of its interminable failed bids for games and events during the early 1990s. And very little has been heard of it since. Apart from the Selfridges with the silver plates on the side.

I'm not vying for an argument here, but I'm genuinely interested in why you think this.

It just the way i think, i dont beileve the market is that weak that everything will fall, this was predicted a few years ago but it never happened, i cant believe people say renting is not dead money either - i have always been brought up to understand you get what you pay for and i firmly believe if you pay out every month for something that isnt yours and you can never own it whats the point, yes i can see it makes sense if you believe there will be a crash but only for short term. My friend was paying the same as me in rent as i was in mortgage at one time, she learned her lesson and they brought a house. Far better to own and build on it tahn spend all your money on something that is never yours.

. . . Lost City . . .

Actually it's near the infamous lost city of Birmingham, a cultural desert and a desert in every other sense except being warm. Birmingham was concluded to be, inter alia, the city in Europe over 1m population with the least culture and nightlife, and the largest city in Europe without a Metro, by an international assessment committe during one of its interminable failed bids for games and events during the early 1990s. And very little has been heard of it since. Apart from the Selfridges with the silver plates on the side.

:lol: That would be funny if I wasn't unfortunate enough to work there! :(

no what annoys me are trolls like you who come on here and keep a thread going on and on because they are either bored, stupid or insecure

Stop replying then - isnt this what the boards for. I am bored of you anyway. Like i said if you dont like it go away and reply to someone else.

It just the way i think, i dont beileve the market is that weak that everything will fall, this was predicted a few years ago but it never happened.

You have just stumbled upon the biggest area of debate on this site between the bears and bulls. Banter aside please delve deeper as there are some very good and informed posters with lots of info for you to make an informed judgment on where we go from now.