House Price Crash Forum

Why Hasnt My House Sold

kaz

HOLA441
So what exactly would you buy it at.

knock 5-6k off at least

remember estate agents are not your friend they are ONLY interested in making commission they've probably told you your property is worth that but it's not really, that way when you drop your price and they sell it they get what they thought it was worth anyway and you feel they did a good job for you and let you advertise their services to your friends and family.

estate agents are worse than bank robbers :ph34r:

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
Why would that affect me now

Because if you're looking to buy a bigger place, that also will have gone up by a corresponding amount.

Say that you have a £100k place, and house prices have gone up 10% - that means you'll get £110k. You are looking to buy a place that was £150k, but is now £165k. The extra you needed to find would have been £50k, but is now £55k, so you're £5k worse off, despite making a profit.

That's why rising house prices are bad for everybody on the fabled "ladder", except people who are trading down.

HOLA444

Having trouble selling mine as well.

No idea why. It's in a nice town (Tiptover).

Please don't take the gypsy's.

Here's a picture.

Any honest comments welcome on how I can improve it for a quick sale.

hb400007mz-FID3.jpg

[/quote

Very funny, why mention gypsy's though

HOLA445
Because if you're looking to buy a bigger place, that also will have gone up by a corresponding amount.

Say that you have a £100k place, and house prices have gone up 10% - that means you'll get £110k. You are looking to buy a place that was £150k, but is now £165k. The extra you needed to find would have been £50k, but is now £55k, so you're £5k worse off, despite making a profit.

That's why rising house prices are bad for everybody on the fabled "ladder", except people who are trading down.

Yes but our offer has already been accepted on the new house so this wont affect me

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
Yes but our offer has already been accepted on the new house so this wont affect me

Not being funny, but I have never ever, nor would I accept an offer on house if other people have not sold. My ex wife didn't even want people who hadn't sold looking.

This must mean they are desperate, accepting an offer which until your house is sold, means absolutely nothing.

HOLA449

:lol: My god there are some first class T Wats on here.

OP. Don't stress over selling in time for this new property. If I were you I'd withdraw that offer. £180k+ is a hell of a lot and I'm sure they'll be better places to buy and probably for less money soon and by then hopefully you'll be in a better position to buy.

I suspect there are external influences putting pressure on you to buy this new place, just don't commit financial suicide by buying it if you aren't ready.

Take your time, make sure you have everything in place and I'm sure it will work out.

GL

HOLA4410

Kaz

Wecome to HPC. Some here are saying you are a troll but I will give you the benefit of the doubt

Well it been on the market now for about 9 weeks and we have had loads of interest and only one offer - how this fell through. We are on the market with Dixons and they messed it up, they didnt get back to the girl in time so she thought we werent accepting however we had.

This is neglegance on the part of the estate agent, you should make lots of noise about this. tell them that you might sue if they don't find another buyer quick! If nothing esle it should focus them on making an effort to sell you house (instead of someone elses)

Anyway still on market with two agents but still no offers, the house is one bedroomed and very well done out modern and at only £87995 we thought it would fly out so did our families and the agents. Getting really depressed about it as we found house and its being reserved for us, however today as its been reserved for one month today it will be reviewed. I dont want to lose this house but think we might. Is it me or is the housing market slowing down and no one is buying.

Having not long sold a house in WM myself, I can tell you that the market is dead, although there has been a bit of a bouce back over the last month or so. I was lucky that my house still needed a bit of work, so it looked cheap compared to the other 'finished' houses up for sale in the area, most of whaich are still on the market now, with prices lower than I sold for.

On the housing market, most people only know what they see in the news, 'house prices booming' 'house prices only go up' etc. But are newspapers always right? quite often they get things wrong. On this forum you can find out things that you don't see in the news. Did you know that house prices are FALLING in USA, Spain, Eire? How much do you know about the MBS markets? Have you checked recent sale prices in your local market? have a look here:

http://www.hometrack.co.uk/index.cfm?HTAct...streetId=162748

Do you actualy know what a house price crash is?

Many of the posters here think that house prices are way too high, and that they will start falling soon. To be fair many of them have been saying this for years, and they have been wrong. But today there are more reasons than ever before why they might just turn out to be right.

Not sure i can do anything else, oh i so just want to sell.

Ultimatly it comes down to price. If you NEED to move, then drop the price.

Good Luck!

Sonic

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Guest grumpy-old-man
Hi Kaz,

Bears: Those who think an asset will go down

Bull: Those who think and asset will go up

Phoney

can I just add:

Bulls: Those who think house prices will go up for ever. ;)

Edited by grumpy-old-man

HOLA4413

If you want a quick sale then reduce the price.

Make sure that you take the viewings and have a card with your number on it - dont trust estate agents to make you a priority but at the same time they are useful dealing with the annoying enquiries.

If you lose the next house it isnt really the end of the world - living in a house you dont want to might be so concentrate on that then rent for six months it will take out the stress. - it is what I am doing and other people in my family have done - it is much easier.

I think the market is changing sure people will panick for a little while but people do need to live somewhere so I cant see it being that devastating - but remember do what is right for you forget the market.

Ted

HOLA4414
Having trouble selling mine as well.

No idea why. It's in a nice town (Tiptover).

Please don't take the gypsy's.

Here's a picture.

Any honest comments welcome on how I can improve it for a quick sale.

hb400007mz-FID3.jpg

If you nudged the lamp post over a bit it would line up with your house a bit better and people might not see that your house is out of plumb.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
kaz

golden rule in ANY transaction = something is only WORTH what someone is willing to pay for it

drop the price

And the golden rule of any forum is? Read the forum a LOT before posting on it so you can get a feel for the community and it's posters. I have read and re-read your op and your responses and you do indeed flow like a troll to me, but in saying that in this climate you could be gen :) Here is my advice.

If you want to sell and can't simply drop the price until you can. If you dont want to drop the price (or cant) then accept that you're staying put for a few years.

Mark.

HOLA4417

your flat has not sold because the country is starting to wise up to the impending market falls.

mainstream newspapers, and even these god-awful property tv shows, are all now educating the masses about what is going on. i spent several years not watching property ladder type shows until recently and was shocked to see that even they now show people LOSING MONEY on property!

anyone with even a third of a brain is now waiting for prices to fall.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
This thread is just too funny. :lol:

Why is it so funny or are you just stupid. Cant believe i came on here to ask advice and all i get is abuse.

By the way i dont have a flat to whoever said i did. Its a House - you ve read the story havent you.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
Dont really want to rent - its dead money

The renting is dead money argument is so bleeding irritating, simplistic and naive.

Consider this logic applied to the following:

I don't want to buy food, it's dead money
I am not going on holiday this year, it's dead money
I'm going to cut my own hair, going to a hair dresser is dead money
We god rid of the 2 cats, dog and goldfish, having pets is dead money

What the hell is dead money anyway? IMHO, dead money is paying interest on a loan for an 'asset' that is very likely going to fall in price.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
Why is it so funny or are you just stupid. Cant believe i came on here to ask advice and all i get is abuse.

By the way i dont have a flat to whoever said i did. Its a House - you ve read the story havent you.

Oh Kaz please stop it my sides are gonna split