HOLA441
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Oh no - that statement will not go down well here :o

Not sure how long you have lived there Kaz,but would reckon owning these sort of places since 2003 in the Midlands has been more expensive than paying rent,since they have not appreciated at all but you are servicing a debt or could be covering the rent in interest earned.

Edited by crashmonitor

HOLA443
We have thought about this but cant drop it too much, we have only earned about 14000 on it if we sell for 86000. We were advised by dixons to keep to that price as it should go and it gives us something to play with. If we dont sell with agents we could drop to about 84500 and still be comfortable.

£14,000? oh! You will lose all that when you move anyway!

HOLA444
Kaz, it looks to me as if a few small-minded people (who are priced out of the housing market?) and are jealous of you because you own your own roof.

7 weeks is not long in the scheme of things. If the price is right you'll sell.

"Kaz, it looks to me as if a few small-minded people (who are priced out of the housing market?) and are jealous of you because you own your own roof."

What a stupid comment!

HOLA445
HOLA446
we have only earned about 14000 on it if we sell for 86000

Only £14 grand?! Just a year's salary? Diddums! If I was to earn a year's wages for doing nothing more than owning a house I wouldn't be whining, I'd be extremely grateful at my good fortune at making 20% and having to do nothing in return. Some people don't know they're born.

Its a home not a money-making scheme. If you sell it for exactly the same price you bought it for or even slightly less, you've had your money's worth - you've been living in it in it, that's what it's for!

HOLA447
Ok guys i cant believe i came on here for some help and advice and your thoughts...

I know exactly how you feel at the moment, having just sold my house. However, this is the wrong site to come to for support and advice on selling. Frankly, this website scared the crap out of me.

Your house looks good from the pictures. For my sale, I filled all cracks, painted all rooms, outside walls, facias, put down a patio, build a fence, new lawns front and back and parked my new silver golf in the drive. Outside, all paths, drive, walls, fence got a power wash. Also inside, I removed all furniture, except the basics. Put some nice dried flower displays in living room, hall and kitchen (most recomend fresh flowers). If a viewing was in the evening all the lamps were switched on inside for effect, even if it was not actually dark outside.

Hope some of that helps.

However, I was very lucky. My buyer just like the view of fields and trees from the back. It was the right type of house in the right area for him. And, having sold his house he need somewhere to live.

Another good piece of advice from my experience - stay clear of this website. It will only make you feel worse and more stressed. It had that effect on me. But I'm quite enjoying it now :unsure:

HOLA448
"Kaz, it looks to me as if a few small-minded people (who are priced out of the housing market?) and are jealous of you because you own your own roof."

What a stupid comment!

Why is that a stupid comment dont think it was directed at you personally,

HOLA449
Guest The_Oldie
Dont really want to rent - its dead money.
Oh no - that statement will not go down well here :o

That's because, in many areas, it's just not true in today's market. In my case I'm saving £10K per year, the difference between the interest on the capital I would need to spend to buy the house I'm renting and the rent paid.

HOLA4410
Only £14 grand?! Just a year's salary? Diddums! If I was to earn a year's wages for doing nothing more than owning a house I wouldn't be whining, I'd be extremely grateful at my good fortune at making 20% and having to do nothing in return. Some people don't know they're born.

Its a home not a money-making scheme. If you sell it for exactly the same price you bought it for or even slightly less, you've had your money's worth - you've been living in it in it, that's what it's for!

:lol:

HOLA4411
How will we lose it it will be our deposit on our next house - this one is priced at £188500

Sorry to seem funny, but this site is called houseprice crash.

Most of us on here believe that this time next year your £188500 will be worth £150000ish!

HOLA4412

A years salary what kind of job to you have, we are making quite a jump in house price and i am not whining just asking for advice on selling my house but it seems most of you on here are just here to ridicule anyone who wants help.

At £14000 a year what type of house do you own, if you own one.

HOLA4413
How will we lose it it will be our deposit on our next house - this one is priced at £188500

stamp duty

agents fees

removal costs

solicitors fees

new carpets / furniture

the temptation to pay off that credit card

one extra holiday (cos moving is sooooo stwesssfulll)

total = 14k voila!

HOLA4414
stamp duty

agents fees

removal costs

solicitors fees

new carpets / furniture

the temptation to pay off that credit card

one extra holiday (cos moving is sooooo stwesssfulll)

total = 14k voila!

Don't forget HPI of the next place you buy, which almost certainly wipes out any gain from the one you're selling.

But why is this thread even continuing? If it doesn't sell, the price is too high. Reduce the price!

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Well, the stamp duty and solictor fees come to about 3 grand, we dont have to buy all new things all at once believe me i would love to but cant, no removal costs we have vans big enough and families willing to help. The £14000 was worked out with the agents cost, Dont have credit cards, and i have just got married and have been to mauritius on honeymoon so no holiday for me yet.

Total about 4 grand tops, just because it what you would think you would lose dont thin k its the same case for everyone else.

HOLA4417
Kaz, it looks to me as if a few small-minded people (who are priced out of the housing market?) and are jealous of you because you own your own roof.

The reason the OP is suspected as a troll is because they are posting exactly the kind of thing the Bears want to hear.

It is a myth that only non home-owners can be bears and vice versa. It is not true that people who are not buying now can not afford to.

Good luck to the OP BTW.

Phoney

Edited by PhoneyMcRingRing

HOLA4418
Don't forget HPI of the next place you buy, which almost certainly wipes out any gain from the one you're selling.

But why is this thread even continuing? If it doesn't sell, the price is too high. Reduce the price!

Ok sorry whats the HPI - told you i was new to all this,

HOLA4419
Well, the stamp duty and solictor fees come to about 3 grand, we dont have to buy all new things all at once believe me i would love to but cant, no removal costs we have vans big enough and families willing to help. The £14000 was worked out with the agents cost, Dont have credit cards, and i have just got married and have been to mauritius on honeymoon so no holiday for me yet.

Total about 4 grand tops, just because it what you would think you would lose dont thin k its the same case for everyone else.

If you're happy go for it. Good luck. To sell your house lower the price, before the interest rates go up even more. To be honest I think you're too late.

HOLA4420
The reason the OP is suspected as a troll is because they are posting exactly the kind of thing the Bears want to hear.

It is a myth that only non home-owners can be bears and vice versa. It is not true that people who are not buying now can not afford to.

Good luck to the OP BTW.

Phoney

Ok can some explain the Bears and bulls thing new people on here dont know

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
Why is tipton a problem and however said Dixons is an electrical retailer are you just pretending to be thick and stupid or are you like that by nature, Yes i am from the west midlands and some of tipton is rough but so is some of london and other areas. I live on a nice estate and done the house up really nice. I am just a genuine seller getting stressed.

a 1 bedroom property at 87k....no wonder you can't sell, nuff said :lol:

HOLA4424
HOLA4425