House Price Crash Forum

Why Hasnt My House Sold

Well it been on the market now for about 9 weeks and we have had loads of interest and only one offer - how this fell through. We are on the market with Dixons and they messed it up, they didnt get back to the girl in time so she thought we werent accepting however we had. Anyway still on market with two agents but still no offers, the house is one bedroomed and very well done out modern and at only £87995 we thought it would fly out so did our families and the agents. Getting really depressed about it as we found house and its being reserved for us, however today as its been reserved for one month today it will be reviewed. I dont want to lose this house but think we might. Is it me or is the housing market slowing down and no one is buying. Not sure i can do anything else, oh i so just want to sell.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it been on the market now for about 9 weeks and we have had loads of interest and only one offer - how this fell through. We are on the market with Dixons and they messed it up, they didnt get back to the girl in time so she thought we werent accepting however we had. Anyway still on market with two agents but still no offers, the house is one bedroomed and very well done out modern and at only £87995 we thought it would fly out so did our families and the agents. Getting really depressed about it as we found house and its being reserved for us, however today as its been reserved for one month today it will be reviewed. I dont want to lose this house but think we might. Is it me or is the housing market slowing down and no one is buying. Not sure i can do anything else, oh i so just want to sell.

I smell a rat.

Is it me or is the housing market slowing down and no one is buying. Not sure i can do anything else, oh i so just want to sell.

Does anyone know how I cut and paste the entire forum into the Reply box?

Guest Cletus VanDamme
Is it me or is the housing market slowing down and no one is buying. Not sure i can do anything else, oh i so just want to sell.

What do you think? Many people are saying that, outside London, the housing market is dead.

Have you also posted on the C4 4homes forum? You might get more support there than here, to be honest!

How about a link to the sales website so we can all offer helpful suggestions about how to market it to maximum advantage ? Or just tell us the town and we'll spend our time searching property websites until we find it !

How about a link to the sales website so we can all offer helpful suggestions about how to market it to maximum advantage ? Or just tell us the town and we'll spend our time searching property websites until we find it !

Ok guys i cant believe i came on here for some help and advice and your thoughts, here he link to the house

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-161...=1&tr_t=buy

Please dont call me a troll - love to know why you all think that

Why is tipton a problem and however said Dixons is an electrical retailer are you just pretending to be thick and stupid or are you like that by nature, Yes i am from the west midlands and some of tipton is rough but so is some of london and other areas. I live on a nice estate and done the house up really nice. I am just a genuine seller getting stressed.

Well, my guess would be that as a one bedroom, you are up against flats. Have flats collapsed yet in your area? they will apparently be the first to go in a crash. It looks well presented enough.

I would rent if you get to sell it though. Upgrading is not really the thing at the moment.

Well, my guess would be that as a one bedroom, you are up against flats. Have flats collapsed yet in your area? they will apparently be the first to go in a crash. It looks well presented enough.

I would rent if you get to sell it though. Upgrading is not really the thing at the moment.

Dont really want to rent - its dead money. Not sure if flats have collasped yet, will check that one out Thanks. Why do you say that upgrading is the thing at the moment, should we be waiting til the crash, thing is if we wait do you think that my house will sell and i may get the other house cheaper - sorry you will have to excuse me i have only ever brought one house so dont know the selling procedure or never really followed the market.

I would say that these sort of houses are the hardest to shift at the moment since this end of the market was propped up by BTL and the figures no longer make it viable.If you look what these places were fetching in about 2003 that is probably where the market is now at in the Midlands.The Haliwide indicies often lead vendors to assume that they should be making a profit on what they paid.

Well done for showing your house on this site.Most members are so secretive that it stifles debate.

Edited by crashmonitor

We have thought about this but cant drop it too much, we have only earned about 14000 on it if we sell for 86000. We were advised by dixons to keep to that price as it should go and it gives us something to play with. If we dont sell with agents we could drop to about 84500 and still be comfortable.

Dont really want to rent - its dead money. Not sure if flats have collasped yet, will check that one out Thanks. Why do you say that upgrading is the thing at the moment, should we be waiting til the crash, thing is if we wait do you think that my house will sell and i may get the other house cheaper - sorry you will have to excuse me i have only ever brought one house so dont know the selling procedure or never really followed the market.

Renting is not dead money if you are going to lose thousands in a crash.

You would be the one that gains, IF you can sell your house. Upgrading is NOt the thing at the moment, because of the crash that most of us on here believe will now happen.