Sign in to follow this  
OnlyMe

7,000 Vie For 859 Jobs At City’s New Primark Store

:blink:

http://iccheshireonline.icnetwork.co.uk/01...-name_page.html

7,000 vie for 859 jobs at city’s new Primark store

Jul 18 2007

by Tony McDonough, Liverpool Daily Post

MORE than 7,000 people have applied for 859 jobs on offer at Liverpool’s huge new Primark store, which is due to open in September.

This doesn't seem particularly surprising to me. This would be like putting a kiddy in charge of a sweetshop for your average Scouser.

Think of the thieving opportunities! :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Mr Yogi

7,000 vie for 859 jobs at city’s new Primark store

Jul 18 2007

MORE than 7,000 people have applied for 859 jobs on offer at Liverpool’s huge new Primark store, which is due to open in September.

There is a huge new shopping centre being built in Liverpool, This will simply displace the usual areas shopped in - do you need 2 carphone warehouses/next/primark and 5 Mcdonalds? I've never quite got the benefits of retailing to the wider economy and why there's such an insatiable appetite to support it, we suck in cheap goods, pay crap wages, which enables youngsters to not be able to afford the 150K apartments on their doorstep in their 'wi-fid up' social urbanite dream world <_<

Guest grumpy-old-man

7,000 vie for 859 jobs at city's new Primark store

Jul 18 2007

MORE than 7,000 people have applied for 859 jobs on offer at Liverpool's huge new Primark store, which is due to open in September.

let me guess, the majority of the jobs will be part-time. They will be wanting the 16 hours positions so that tax credits apply, then they get the equivalent of a full time wage for working only 16 hours. Then they can get a "fiddly" job for cash in hand as well or lounge about watching the tv.......imo of course.

The employer loves this type of setup, as holidays don't get allocated to people on 16 hours or less & different employment laws apply benefiting the employer. :ph34r:

This is the reality, appart from a few part time students, no one with any self respect would want to work in the 'House of Primark' its just another McJob. Also puts away the idea that the country is sitting around at home because they cant be bothered to work, the fact is, there are nowhere near as many jobs around as 'Daily Mail' man thinks there is. To top it off the government is still encouraging the importation of more EE'S to fill these so called gaps. I now beleive this government has been as soft on employers as the last tory government was, just a different way of going about it, instead of immigration the employers should have been forced to pay heed to the market demands they are always jerking off about and pay more wages.

This doesn't seem particularly surprising to me. This would be like putting a kiddy in charge of a sweetshop for your average Scouser.

Why go to Primark to thieve??? It's hard to spend a tenner there!!! I'd work in a trendy store, more value there!!!

Harry Enfield made all Scousers thieves... Bet in relation to other cities, we have no more than anyone else. Had this off an Aunty who lives in Derbyshire (ex-Scouser - 55 years ago). Goes on about how rough Liverpool is, yet she has had 3 murders on her Estate in the past 12 years!!! Go figure!!! Some people are ignorant f00kers!

TB

Why go to Primark to thieve??? It's hard to spend a tenner there!!! I'd work in a trendy store, more value there!!!

Harry Enfield made all Scousers thieves... Bet in relation to other cities, we have no more than anyone else. Had this off an Aunty who lives in Derbyshire (ex-Scouser - 55 years ago). Goes on about how rough Liverpool is, yet she has had 3 murders on her Estate in the past 12 years!!! Go figure!!! Some people are ignorant f00kers!

TB

Touchy!

Harry Enfield didn't make Scousers thieves - us Mancs have been joking about it for 100 years or more!

And the more we get this kind of response the more we enjoy doing it.

Calm down, like!

TB

ahh-- you've gotta love the scousers :lol:

i wouldnt put any money on liverpool winning title this year- :huh:

-there is still far too much dross in the squad-

Guest Skint Academic
Harry Enfield didn't make Scousers thieves - us Mancs have been joking about it for 100 years or more!

I used to live in Southport in the early 80's as a child once. Scousers were known to come over to burgle the houses in our road. I even remember watching them do it to the house opposite one night. We had a Great Dane and a stay-at-home Mum though so were untouched.

But that was 20 years ago. I'm sure all the thieves have since become estate agents and financial parasites as has happened everywhere else.

TB

Thanks for nothing teddyboy, you just stole the forum slot that i was going to use.

Moderator is this racism?

What's the difference between Batman and a scouser?

Batman can go out without Robin!

A couple of other oldies -

What do you call a scouser in a suit - The Accused!

What do you call a scouser in a semi-detached - A burglar!

At the end of a tiny deserted bar is a huge scouse bloke - 6ft 5in tall and 350lbs. He's having a few beers when a short, well dressed and obviously gay man walks in and sits beside him.

After 3 or 4 beers, the queer fella finally plucks up the courage to say something to the big Liverpudlian.

Leaning over, he cups his huge ear: "Do you want a blow job?" he whispers.

At this, the massive Merseysider leaps up with fire in his eyes and smacks the man in the face. Knocking him off the stool, he proceeds to beat him all the way out of the bar. Finally he leaves him, badly bruised, in the car park and returns to his seat as if nothing had happened.

Amazed the bartender quickly brings over another beer. "I've never seen you react like that" he says. "Just what did he say to you?"

"I'm not sure" the big scouser replies. "Something about a job."

Moderator is this racism?

Get off your PC horse and take a walk on the wild side! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Frankly I am against racism of all kinds as far as discrimination of violence goes, but as stereotypes and jokes go its game on, I am quite happy to take it too! In lincolnshire and we're the Yellowbelly, inbred, thickos! pmsl

Guest grumpy-old-man
A couple of other oldies -

What do you call a scouser in a suit - The Accused!

What do you call a scouser in a semi-detached - A burglar!

:D:D

sorry teddyboy, don't take it personally. I'm a smog monster from Teesside, we are referred to as the scousers cousins. ;)

Guest grumpy-old-man
At the end of a tiny deserted bar is a huge scouse bloke - 6ft 5in tall and 350lbs. He's having a few beers when a short, well dressed and obviously gay man walks in and sits beside him.

After 3 or 4 beers, the queer fella finally plucks up the courage to say something to the big Liverpudlian.

Leaning over, he cups his huge ear: "Do you want a blow job?" he whispers.

At this, the massive Merseysider leaps up with fire in his eyes and smacks the man in the face. Knocking him off the stool, he proceeds to beat him all the way out of the bar. Finally he leaves him, badly bruised, in the car park and returns to his seat as if nothing had happened.

Amazed the bartender quickly brings over another beer. "I've never seen you react like that" he says. "Just what did he say to you?"

"I'm not sure" the big scouser replies. "Something about a job."

:D:D

very good barry.

Irishman goes for a job on the Paradise st project bricklaying.

Boss "now paddy what is the difference between a joist and a girder"

Paddy "well now let me tink, Goethe wrote Faust and Joyce wrote Ulysses"

the funny thing about all the tired scouse jokes is that it's not been true for a long time and when the shit really does hit the fan in this country liverpool will be one of the best places to be to ride it out..

tourism in liverpool is seriously booming and will continue to do so. anfield, the beatles, the new conference centre, a new cruise liner terminal bringing 40 cruise ships a years into the city..

of all the regional cities in britain i truly believe liverpool will be the one we talk about in 10 years as having miraculously rode through the general slump.

please reply with more 20year old bad jokes!

Thing about single parents on tv news this morning.

work 16 hours on minimum wage and get £258 a week with all the tax credits.

£16PH and plenty of free time :-)