House Price Crash Forum
ianbeale

6% By September

the sep market for irs is now pricing in a better than 50% chance of rates being 6% or higher by september (deci odds 1.8) was about 30% pre cpi stats. Watch this one shorten up nicely over the next month or so - ;)

keep the faith

IB

looking forward to those minutes 8-1 would be nice

the sep market for irs is now pricing in a better than 50% chance of rates being 6% or higher by september (deci odds 1.8) was about 30% pre cpi stats. Watch this one shorten up nicely over the next month or so - ;)

keep the faith

IB

6% is on the cards sooner rather than year end, now that inflation is out of control.

I'd go for August, IR rises two months in a row would be a sure sign to the punters that the HPI game's up. ;)

keep the faith

IB

Watch the august mpc , increase 0.25% get closer to odds over the next 2 weeks

I actually got 15:1 about a week ago.. now 11:1 last time I checked

I get a feeling that we shall have no choice due to international factors..

China and India aint as cheep as they used to be.........

Betfair has introduced new betting for future rates as well

Edited by 234SALE

Gordon is going to rue the day he told the Muppets to drop IR to prop up HP-INFLATION back in August of '05!

Inquest followed by burning at the stake I say.........

Guest The_Oldie
Gordon is going to rue the day he told the Muppets to drop IR to prop up HP-INFLATION back in August of '05!

Perhaps, but it got him the one thing he really wanted, a door key ;).

keep the faith

IB

:o)

It wasn't, I bought all the 2.0 and 1.9 available earlier. I am a market mover! Wheeeee!

Just hope I am right!

iirc Mervyn was outvoted on that one. He's 'the man'.

How on earth Merv copes with the deadbeats he's surrounded with, we'll never know.

iirc Mervyn was outvoted on that one. He's 'the man'.

How on earth Merv copes with the deadbeats he's surrounded with, we'll never know.

Is the one that allegedly "sniff's the air" still on the MPC or has he been carted off to the funny farm yet?

I reckon pressure from Brown et al and not wanting to crash the economy means a 0.25% rise in October. I could quite well be worng but thats where my money is. Anyone got a thread started to keep track of when everyone thinks the next rise will be - just to look back on at a later date?

I'm not sure thats so true, since he is in number 10, so the decision has served its purpose.

Now he is in, his politics can take a different tact to keep him there.

[ Oldies comment is along the same lines. ]

Edited by Odin