House Price Crash Forum

Buying A House On Now On Radio1!

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

Yeah - but it's painfull listening - the mis-information is terrible.

Some guy just emailed in saying that he has just taken on a £1k/month mortgage which he suggested was at the very limit of his spending - then wenrt on to say 'oh well, I'll make a mint in the long run' (or similar).

Very worrying

Edited by stew

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

For you radio 2 listeners....you may have more people but Radio 1 is being listened to by young people. People texted in to day they can't get on the ladder etc standard stuff but coming from actual FTB's not 35Yr old first time buyers on £35,000 like the CML thinks is the case

On the show all afternoon so keep listening....

HOLA448
Missed this. Guessing it's over now - what were the main points covered?

Let me guess.. "Don't miss out, propertee only go's up. Its never been a better time to buy. Its different now - its a new paradigm." Cue Jingle, Cue Scissor Sisters.

HOLA449
Radio2 has a bigger audience and the demograph that are likely to own. Radio 1 doesn't (generally).

What was said. I can only hear Scissor Sisters.

Not sure if people have missed it. I am having trouble following what's going on. It's as if she's reading comments off their website ahead of the actual discussion, which I took from the original poster's posting to be at 2pm.

So she's just reading out random uninformed shit in lieu of proper advertising for the main event at 2pm

But I stand corrected if I am wrong on that.

HOLA4410
Missed this. Guessing it's over now - what were the main points covered?

They usually talk about these subjects over a period of time in between songs.

Most of it isn't good advice, as it is basically people sending in emails/texts to Edith - she doesn't really know what she is talking about.

She was encouraging students to get their parents to act as guarantors on buying a property whilst they are studying.

PS. It's still on

Edited by stew

HOLA4411

Yes, she's just reading out crap emails from idiots listening - who are asking ill-formed questions where the DJs answer is "I don't know" or other random "I am on the radio" type b0ll0x totally unrelated. Then (too late/later) she reads out some rubbish answer from a mortgage advisor, without tying it into the first question coherently .... all at a rate of knots and babbling quickly in order to stick on the next piece of shite moosick.

HOLA4412
For you radio 2 listeners....you may have more people but Radio 1 is being listened to by young people. People texted in to day they can't get on the ladder etc standard stuff but coming from actual FTB's not 35Yr old first time buyers on £35,000 like the CML thinks is the case

On the show all afternoon so keep listening....

Radio 1's main demographic can be split into two key groups:

Group 1: 11 - 13 year olds

Group 2: complete simpletons

Presumably they were aiming this broadcast at their 'group 2' listeners.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
Radio 1's main demographic can be split into two key groups:

Group 1: 11 - 13 year olds

Group 2: complete simpletons

Presumably they were aiming this broadcast at their 'group 2' listeners.

..... are you saying something about the originator of this thread (who must have been listening)??

:)

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425