House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Drunken Tiger

It's Not Just Spin, It's Lies!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6896892.stm

The BBC's Controller, in the furore over the Queen and doctored footage, had this to say:

'...the footage, which had misrepresented the sequence of events, was a regrettable "human error"'

It's NOT, it's a scam, passed off as a mistake. Let's nail the lie here...And of course he's not resigning, unless asked to do so (wouldn't that be a sacking in anyone else's book?) What a scumbag.

We know it's b*ll*cks, but we have no official proof, so they trot this stuff out as "damage limitation" or "PR".

It was the same when Blair, interviewed in Australia, said he wished he hadn't...(offered to resign). How they fell over backwards to get out of that , defying the laws of English grammar to say he wished he hadn't "said it so soon" etc...

This culture of lying is rife in all our major institutions, and they are peddling this at us constantly (look at the housing market) - we really need to reverse it and restore some intellectual honesty.

DT

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6896892.stm

The BBC's Controller, in the furore over the Queen and doctored footage, had this to say:

'...the footage, which had misrepresented the sequence of events, was a regrettable "human error"'

It's NOT, it's a scam, passed off as a mistake. Let's nail the lie here...And of course he's not resigning, unless asked to do so (wouldn't that be a sacking in anyone else's book?) What a scumbag.

We know it's b*ll*cks, but we have no official proof, so they trot this stuff out as "damage limitation" or "PR".

It was the same when Blair, interviewed in Australia, said he wished he hadn't...(offered to resign). How they fell over backwards to get out of that , defying the laws of English grammar to say he wished he hadn't "said it so soon" etc...

This culture of lying is rife in all our major institutions, and they are peddling this at us constantly (look at the housing market) - we really need to reverse it and restore some intellectual honesty.

DT

I agree entirely.

It starts at the top and works its way down. It started ten years ago with a Labour goverment.

I agree entirely.

It starts at the top and works its way down. It started ten years ago with a Labour goverment.

No, it has always been there. It has just got worse with Nu Labour....much worse!!!

I agree entirely.

I think that's right - they moved the whole idea of public communication from 'postiive presentation' (a la Maggie Thatcher with her voice training and laughable coiffure) to a sort of macho, laddish (Alistair Campbell?) lie fest..

If we nail this one, it could be a good start to getting UK PLC back onto a path of semi-reasonable public honesty and decency...

Is it possible?

I think that's right - they moved the whole idea of public communication from 'postiive presentation' (a la Maggie Thatcher with her voice training and laughable coiffure) to a sort of macho, laddish (Alistair Campbell?) lie fest..

If we nail this one, it could be a good start to getting UK PLC back onto a path of semi-reasonable public honesty and decency...

Is it possible?

My initial thought would be only if we get rid of this Labour Goverment first. I'm not sure things would actually improve significantly under the Tories though. Cameron seems very much the same as Blair to me, shallow.

Politics seems to me to be in freefall. The majority of MPs of all parties seem to be in it purely for the money and seem to be berefit of all integrity.

I see continuing decline for some time yet.

Is it possible?

They've also spent ten years hell bent on corrupting every institution they could, the civil service, judiciary, BBC...

What they should have said is.

Sorry..I was put up to defaming the monarchs character by those feckwit champagne charlies the muppets elected.We can't escape being forced to screen endless repeats of "homes under the hammer" because we are told we'll be meeting david kelly if we don't do as we're instructed...they have spies everywhere,GB's brother is stalking the beeb as we speak.

OMG,sounds totally Stasi doesn't it.

.....IT'S THE KGBBC!!!!

It's just poor and sloppy journalism pure and simple. Whatever happened to basic fact checking?

The Queen incident is nothing...

That most people recieve their education after school via journalists of newspapers with vested interests and government press-releases speaks volumes about our Idiocracy. We don't just dumb down at school, you dumb yourselves down after leaving school.

The Queen incident is nothing...

That most people recieve their education after school via journalists of newspapers with vested interests and government press-releases speaks volumes about our Idiocracy. We don't just dumb down at school, you dumb yourselves down after leaving school.

Spot on!

The history books are all lies. Usually simply omitting bits they don't want you to know. Ditto Economics books. The media tell constant lies. As George Orwell (Arthur Blair) said, he realised at an early age that all the media stories were untrue.