House Price Crash Forum
It is different this time

Sky Sub Is Going Up By 13.3%

Murdoch won't be in Merv's good book. Sky's lowest package is going up by 13.3%, from £15 to £17, highest one is going up from £43.50 to £45.00. Greedy b@st@rds :lol:

Nice comments

Originally Posted by iandoh

Why must they put their prices up all the time?

Its called inflation.... you obviously don't watch the news.

Its not Sky's Fault complain to the Bank Of England.

:lol:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=603303

Murdoch won't be in Merv's good book. Sky's lowest package is going up by 13.3%, from £15 to £17, highest one is going up from £43.50 to £45.00. Greedy b@st@rds :lol:

Nice comments

Probably in response to all those people heavily in debt switching to the lowest package. Over on MSE it's one of the first steps recommended.

Nice comments

Is Sky even in the "basket of goods"? I doubt it I should't think Merv gives a shit.

Probably in response to all those people heavily in debt switching to the lowest package. Over on MSE it's one of the first steps recommended.

No they can't recommend that why should those poor souls give up sky, LCD tv, foreign holidays, new cars, dining & wining? That's what the loans & credit cards are for :lol:

Spend now have what you want and pay it back, if & when, you can.

Is Sky even in the "basket of goods"? I doubt it I should't think Merv gives a shit

No it is not, even if it was, they would nicely remove it from their 'miracle' basket.

Rule 1: Anything goes up is not going in the basket

Rule 2: Same as rule 1

SKY SKY who needs it when you have a dsl conenction, watch anything at anytime for free.

i dont bother with sky, i get anything i want from the US channels streamed to my media player onto my TV for free minus the price i pay for my dsl connection. :lol:

Sky have got a nerve putting their prices up when in fact their output has in fact been reduced (Setanta getting some Premiership football rights etc). I have cancelled my subscription and the service basically reverts to a Freeview setup but with satellite picture quality. Everyone should do the same and put the b*stards out of business. (I do miss Sky plus though...)

:lol: very true

Actually, I was investigating over the weekend ways to eek out a bit more saving each month, and first on my htilist is cutting back on the utterly pointless channels and broadband speed I have on Virgin

Probably paying 70 quid a month more than I need to, realistically

Actually, I was investigating over the weekend ways to eek out a bit more saving each month,

Me too, I've decided to revert to my natural born look and not wear clothes. I save money on buying clothes, using electric/water/washing powder from the machine and electricity from using the iron, as well as not having to spend £1.50 every year on shoe polish.

Sorted! ;)

Actually, I was investigating over the weekend ways to eek out a bit more saving each month, and first on my htilist is cutting back on the utterly pointless channels and broadband speed I have on Virgin

Probably paying 70 quid a month more than I need to, realistically

Theres no point to having sky, all you need is a unlimited dsl line and you have far better service for your programmes.

Got pretty much the best freeview HD recorder on teh market, one-off £200 hit, that's it. Then only bother watching stuff that I really want to want that has been recorded, zap through ads, miss all the other rubbish that all services (freeview and sky) have to offer.

Merv's a bit of a football fan, no doubt has sky, LOL. It is indeed celebrity/entertainment for the braindead.

It is quite unreal the amounts of money individuals and companies are prepared to throw at football, if anything it is a bigger nonsense than house prices.

Got pretty much the best freeview HD recorder on teh market, one-off £200 hit, that's it. Then only bother watching stuff that I really want to want that has been recorded, zap through ads, miss all the other rubbish that all services (freeview and sky) have to offer.

Merv's a bit of a football fan, no doubt has sky, LOL. It is indeed celebrity/entertainment for the braindead.

It is quite unreal the amounts of money individuals and companies are prepared to throw at football, if anything it is a bigger nonsense than house prices.

lol add another 50-100 and you have a windows media center pc and all the HD stuff you ever want too watch, no adds.

well freeview PVR is a good idea if you can find a quiet one! I returned Humax's latest one on Saturday as I thought I had a boing 747 in the room :lol: could try toppy as it has no fan but I just can't be bothered with tapps

I agree too much money involved and rip off prices for supporters. I like sky's new ad that they'll show more football than ever this year after just losing rights to Setanta :lol:

I remember paying £50 for premiership+ that would mean 88+50= 138 games on sky sports however this year Setanta has 46 games but sky still claims they'll show more football than ever. 4 gained 46 lost but still more games! they got to sack that accountant :lol:

well freeview PVR is a good idea if you can find a quiet one! I returned Humax's latest one on Saturday as I thought I had a boing 747 in the room :lol: could try toppy as it has no fan but I just can't be bothered with tapps

I agree too much money involved and rip off prices for supporters. I like sky's new ad that they'll show more football than ever this year after just losing rights to Setanta :lol:

I remember paying £50 for premiership+ that would mean 88+50= 138 games on sky sports however this year Setanta has 46 games but sky still claims they'll show more football than ever. 4 gained 46 lost but still more games! they got to sack that accountant :lol:

get BT vision sports £12 per month.

AFAIK they lost the games which they formerly sold as the 'Prem Plus' package - the regular Sky Sports hasn't lost any matches. They may well have bought more football rights from lower leagues or foreign leagues.

In any case, Sky really is a ripoff for what you get. They have rather cleverly marketed their offering to the general public as a 'must have' service rather the the overpriced luxury product that it is. It'll be interesting to see how their subscriber numbers hold up in the event of a HPC/recession.

AFAIK they lost the games which they formerly sold as the 'Prem Plus' package - the regular Sky Sports hasn't lost any matches. They may well have bought more football rights from lower leagues or foreign leagues.

What is the difference between sky sports and 'Prem Plus'? one you have to pay monthly the other you had to PPV or pay once for all games. The only difference was the name of channel and the way it was marketed/sold. AFAIK sky customers had a choice of 138 games avaliable to them but it is now only 92 so I don't somehow think sky offers more Premiership this year than any before.

It'll be interesting to see how their subscriber numbers hold up in the event of a HPC/recession.

in the event HPC/recession sky would have to lower the price by as much as 50% to keep the customers so not only will we have HPC but also sky price crash, so bring it on :lol:

Guest Bart of Darkness
Me too, I've decided to revert to my natural born look and not wear clothes. I save money on buying clothes, using electric/water/washing powder from the machine and electricity from using the iron, as well as not having to spend £1.50 every year on shoe polish.

Sorted! ;)

I can see that working in summer, but what about when things start getting a little chilly? ;)

get BT vision sports £12 per month.

I thought this was supposed to be about watching TV, as opposed to rebooting it every 30 minutes because the software has hung.

Still, I suppose all that crawling around the back of the tv to unplug the BT vision box stops people becoming a couch potato! :lol:

What is the difference between sky sports and 'Prem Plus'? one you have to pay monthly the other you had to PPV or pay once for all games. The only difference was the name of channel and the way it was marketed/sold. AFAIK sky customers had a choice of 138 games avaliable to them but it is now only 92 so I don't somehow think sky offers more Premiership this year than any before.

Sky Sports (1,2,3) and Prem Plus were seperate channels/bundles, paid for by the viewer as seperate entities. Therefore Sky can claim that they are showing more football than ever on Sky Sports and still be correct. ie. A Sky Sports subscriber won't see any less games for his money this season vs last.

Additionally, just as you counted Prem Plus as being 'On Sky', so too is Setanta. So even as a platform, Sky has as much football as ever, if not more. You just pay Setanta for the games which you would formerly have had to pay Prem Plus.

Just how many people will have an appetite for expensive pay TV once money gets tight will be interesting. 45 quid a month for the top Sky package works out at 540 quid a year. That's a considerable amount to someone having to pay a higher mortgage plus higher interest rates on their debts, even as fuel, utilities, food and taxes increase.

I have a Toppy and would thoroughly recommend it, but you're right, you do need TAPS to get the most out of it.

Look a little deeper and you will see that Sky subs overall are now cheaper than before, they have scrapped the monthly sub of £10 for Sky+.

A DSL BB Line with Sky and 200 channels works out cheaper than many standalone BB packages with free evening and weekend calls.

I still think its good value overall.