House Price Crash Forum

House Market Looks Healthy To Me (in London At Least).

Am in the process of buying; have made an offer and I am hopeful of it being accepted. I had to bid and I think we outbid the other party (which is why I am hopeful). A couple of time in the last 3 months I was on the other side (i.e. someone outbid me). So doesnt look like there is a shortage of buyers.

Someone said to me something that made a lot of sense. They said that there will be a correction. But house prices will not crash. They will stagnate and we will have to wait 10-15 years for salaries to catch up so that prices/salaries ratio is back to a sensible level. They said that the reason this is the case is that most people in London bought their houses outright so will not be under pressure to sell them (including BTLers)... So they will just hold on because they are long term investors anyway. The few that will be forced to sell are those that will cause the market to stagnate, but there are not enough of them to cause a crash.

• 2 weeks later...
The London market is very healthy – that at least there is no doubt

love the way you get banned when you say what's bleedin' obvious if you step inside an estate agents or surveyors.

the market is still strong whatever people say on here, at least in London. prices are high but properties are selling. Commercial property demand ( fro office space) is as high as its ever been and even the industrial market is seeing high demand for units, despite the strong pound. this isnt VI spin or ********, its true, i know it as i see it every day - vacancy levels are at their lowest since 2001 and rents are growing still. new developments are coming on stream and taking prelets , these arent signs of a lack of confidence from major business decision makers . but people on this site seem to live in a parallel world where only they know the truth and everyone else is a sheeple. its crazy. yes there are worries for the future but when havent there been. please lets get some balance and dont ban people just because a) they have a sense of humour and want to have a jest - B) show up moderation policy for what it is - cynical manipulation of opinion that stalin would be proud of. very sad as it could be such a good site.

The London market is very healthy – that at least there is no doubt

love the way you get banned when you say what's bleedin' obvious if you step inside an estate agents or surveyors.

the market is still strong whatever people say on here, at least in London. prices are high but properties are selling. Commercial property demand ( fro office space) is as high as its ever been and even the industrial market is seeing high demand for units, despite the strong pound. this isnt VI spin or ********, its true, i know it as i see it every day - vacancy levels are at their lowest since 2001 and rents are growing still. new developments are coming on stream and taking prelets , these arent signs of a lack of confidence from major business decision makers . but people on this site seem to live in a parallel world where only they know the truth and everyone else is a sheeple. its crazy. yes there are worries for the future but when havent there been. please lets get some balance and dont ban people just because a) they have a sense of humour and want to have a jest - B) show up moderation policy for what it is - cynical manipulation of opinion that stalin would be proud of. very sad as it could be such a good site.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
[.......]

London is DEAD

Cor blimey me old china, time for a right bleedin proper cockney funeral.

image.jpg

Followed by a good old knees up.

image.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I know many sellers trying to sell for the last 9 months.

They can't, even after reducing what they paid two year before by 30%.

London is DEAD

this thread was started 1 year ago - thing were good when this was moved to the troll section - the troll was right.

But thing's might not be so good now but they are not down 30% - some reports show it still on the up?