House Price Crash Forum
Mancghirl

Why Oh Why Oh Why Can't We Sell? - Times

What... all of them?

To be fair, it is 'architect designed' but not in my view to anything other than a fairly bland level.

Looking at what else is around on Rightmove there are lots of 5 beds of similar 'architectural' quality available for 550k or less. Realistic value in current market I would guess as nearer to 600k.

Interesting that the article doesn't say how much they paid for the house in the first place.

Can't find it on any of house price trackers either which means they purchased it before 2000. Based on the kitchen which is obviously of a mid/late 80's design I do wonder if they where the first purchasers back in say 86-89, so realistically they can't have paid much more than 120k possibly 180k at a push. They could easily be looking at 500k+ profit if they can sell it for such an unrealistic price.

Arent all houses Architect designed, or are some designed by Motor Mechanics?

I can see this Architect had a passion for Lutyens, and was not ashamed to display it.

It must of cost a fortune, sourcing those LBC Stock Bricks from The Builder Centre, and draping the property gracefully in Red Concrete Interlocking Tiles.

A masterpiece, but only the gifted and cultured would be able to appreciate it. Such attention to detail is lost on the lower classes.

http://property.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life...icle2064737.ece

Alright, own up...who wrote the comments?

:lol:

It wont sell for that kind of money because its a renown chav town, like slap head and Krusty Allcraps say its all about Lubrication lubrication lubrication or something.

Coventry - the armpit of the midlands

http://www.chavtowns.co.uk/modules.php?nam...cle&sid=778

I had the misfortune of living and working there way back in the 90's, I decided the town wasn't for me when my neighbour threatened to chop me into little pieces for parking outside his house even though it wasn't a driveway, the following week luckily someone stole his car so that fixed the parking issue.

Edited by Jimmy2Times

Guest Shedfish
What... all of them?
What! All of those comments are your's?

Well done, that man.

no, just the most innocuous one... there are some angry bears on there!

Guest Bart of Darkness

Some of the new builds do seem to have been designed by/for the vertically challenged though.

It wont sell for that kind of money because its a renown chav town, like slap head and Krusty Allcraps say its all about Lubrication lubrication lubrication or something.

I had the misfortune of living and working there way back in the 90's, I decided the town wasn't for me when my neighbour threatened to chop me into little pieces for parking outside his house even though it wasn't a driveway, the following week luckily someone stole his car so that fixed the parking issue.

I live in Coventry and I'd have to agree with you - full of underclass scum, no-hope council reservations and a crime rate to rival Brooklyn! I'm renting a three bed semi in a nice area of the city (yes, there are some nice areas) for £495 pcm. If I wanted to have kids I'd have to move to Kenilworth (if I didn't want my kids mixing with druggy chavs). However, to rent a similar property in Kenilworth I would have to pay nearer £1000 pcm!!! So, what I'm trying to say is it is sometimes worth renting in "armpits" such as Leicester, Wolverhampton and Coventry if you want to save money.

Besides, this couple live out by Warwick University and this part of town is hardly recognisable from the rest of town (almost feels as if you are in the Home Counties in some parts of South Coventry).

Guest Bart of Darkness
I'm surprised that a solicitor and former president of the Law Society hasn't spotted to similarities between between what is beginning to happen in the property market now and what happened between the late 1980s and mid 1990s.

General "Have Your Say" consensus = overpriced.

From Kev himself: "There seems to be a shortage of people willing and able to proceed in this sort of price range.” No sh*t Sherlock!

Edited by Bart of Darkness

So let me see on the one hand I can for 800.000 grand have a nice quaint boring house in Coventry and on the other I have this paltry 265 acre farm for 200 grand in Canada! Ah decisions decisions! Coventry, Canada, Coventry, Canada. Such a hard choice!

Mark.

£800K for a house in Coventry? Absolute nonsense - no one with that budget would consider living there. Maybe as a previous poster said South of Coventry towards Kenilworth. But once you're that far out you might just as well live in one of the beautiful villages.

We looked for a year before buying in this area and not once did we consider living in Coventry itself.

I can almost hear them sneering about how wealthy they are, and to hell with FTBs

property_187310a.jpg

"Oooh, did you see the family of darkies who moved in up the road? I wonder if it will affect house prices?"

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

I can see this Architect had a passion for Lutyens, and was not ashamed to display it.

It must of cost a fortune, sourcing those LBC Stock Bricks from The Builder Centre, and draping the property gracefully in Red Concrete Interlocking Tiles.

A masterpiece, but only the gifted and cultured would be able to appreciate it. Such attention to detail is lost on the lower classes.

Haha!

Go on, give him his car back.

Not sure why anyone with £800k to spend on a house would live anywhere in the West Midlands, never mind Coventry.

While I fully understand the charms of the English countryside, the only major urban areas worth living in in the UK are London and Edinburgh, and even then only if you are at least relatively wealthy.

I live in Coventry and I'd have to agree with you - full of underclass scum, no-hope council reservations and a crime rate to rival Brooklyn! I'm renting a three bed semi in a nice area of the city (yes, there are some nice areas) for £495 pcm.

Why dont you move out FFS?

I think it's another wind up. LOL!!! After all who would want their faces fronting an article like that? Or is it the society we live in now?

I thought their faces looked rather familier, and I have just stumbled on it.

Could this really be the sickly Hamiltons, 15years on ?