House Price Crash Forum

Why Can't We Sell Our Home?

HOLA441
HOLA442
Guest X-QUORK

“Sellers in less fashionable areas must price their properties to reflect this differential and attract buyers. But there is nothing wrong with Coventry or the villages north of the city. People who are thinking about moving out of London need to think about these areas.”

There speaks a man who's never been to Coventry.

HOLA443
“Sellers in less fashionable areas must price their properties to reflect this differential and attract buyers. But there is nothing wrong with Coventry or the villages north of the city. People who are thinking about moving out of London need to think about these areas.”

There speaks a man who's never been to Coventry.

As Ricky Gervais pointed out, Coventry is an example of how you can't solve town planning problems by extensive bombing

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
Levy, it will be interesting to see what your views are towards the end of this year when IRs are touching 6%, oil nudgeing $70.00 and inflation continuing to spiral out of control <_<

I look forward to a calm, rational discussion of this at the end of the year.

February - inflation falls to 2.7%. Will it be "spiralling out of control by the year end"? Let's see.

= =

The other two comments: IR touching 6%, and oil over $70, look too cautious

I agree. When I added that to the sig, I believed they were almost out of the question. (That's after a couple of years of thinking they would have been possible). At the moment, I totally agree with you, I think they are too cautious. I reckon IR will be 6%, and I reckon oil will be around $85 a barrel. But I'm keeping the signature, because I want to use it as a benchmark for how far out I was, so that I can discuss it at the end of the year. I'll take the fact that I was wrong on the chin. I'm more interested in learning how to be right, than being right. My bear hat is definitely out of the store cupboard, and getting dusted down.

Edited by Levy process

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
http://property.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life...icle2064737.ece

A change of estate agent and a £100,000 drop in the asking price to £799,950 in May brought one viewing and no offers. For the Martins, this is hardly what you would call a sellers’ market. Top-end Central

Well the answer drop the price even more. Its market forces and shows the house is too highly priced in a falling market. Welcome to the real world in a down market. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

HOLA4413

How stoopid can people be - what they need to do is paint the walls a nice neutral colour, make sure the living room has a focal point ( a nice fire place from B&Q should do it ) and put down some laminate flooring and Bob's your uncle it will be sold in no time atall at full asking price - at least.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Here's the property in question. Price check on that street says nothing exceeded GBP600,000 ever.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-153...=5&tr_t=buy

In need of modernisation I'd say, I mean PVC floor tiles and a aluminium ceiling in the kitchen how very late 80's. Hrmm as they only refer to the roof lights as double glazed then that gaint picture window must be single glazed, lucky they don't need a home energy survey as it will be band G. Even in the crazy upward days top of the market prices only went to properties in top of the market condition.