House Price Crash Forum

The Times - Why Do They Bother

HOLA441

I quite often go to The Times' website as a result of reading news items here and post comments. But they never seem to publish any comments - not just mine. They have a 'Have Your Say' facility at the bottom of many stories, but no comments are shown. They are thick, it makes it look as though no-one ever looks or comments.

In response to their latest bleating I just wrote on there:

"I think you should declare an interest. How many Buy To Let properties do The Times' property journalists own between them? The coming credit crunch will halve their price. Maybe it's time to sell up and allow First Time Buyers to have a chance to buy them. Do your bit for 'affordable housing' instead of trying to monopolize the housing supply."

Maybe all the comments they get are as constructive as this, so that's why they don't publish them.

HOLA442
I quite often go to The Times' website as a result of reading news items here and post comments. But they never seem to publish any comments - not just mine. They have a 'Have Your Say' facility at the bottom of many stories, but no comments are shown. They are thick, it makes it look as though no-one ever looks or comments.

In response to their latest bleating I just wrote on there:

"I think you should declare an interest. How many Buy To Let properties do The Times' property journalists own between them? The coming credit crunch will halve their price. Maybe it's time to sell up and allow First Time Buyers to have a chance to buy them. Do your bit for 'affordable housing' instead of trying to monopolize the housing supply."

Maybe all the comments they get are as constructive as this, so that's why they don't publish them.

In the case of The Times I think their website doesn't work properly. I think its incompetence not censorship.

The day it launched hardly anything worked on it and then a little while later is collapsed completely.

I gave them very direct feedback the day it launched but for whatever reason they haven't fixed anything I (and I'm sure lots of other people) pointed out. Notice how, for example, you can't click on a link to an opinion article from the front page, you have to click through to "have your say" on an article then close that box down and scroll up to read the damn article.

It seems they adjusted their old site to shoe-horn more advertising in, it wasn't to improve reader experience anyway.