House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Charlie Don't Surf

West Cornwall

Looking around there suddenly seems to be an absolute glut of 2 bed apartments hitting the market. Just check out TR18 on Rightmove. What is strange though is they all seem to be around the £225-250K mark, which is allegedly the average house price around here. Not bad going for a town which has one of the highest levels of heroin addiction in the UK!

It seems pretty obvious to me who these flats are aimed at - retirees, whether they are moving down or second homers. But it does amaze me that anyone would even think about buying a 2 bed flat for the same price as a 3 bed house.

Still flats are the first in line for a crash IMO. Regardless of location, once the price of a type of house goes down it will effect that entire class - and then hopefully spread.

Looking around there suddenly seems to be an absolute glut of 2 bed apartments hitting the market. Just check out TR18 on Rightmove. What is strange though is they all seem to be around the £225-250K mark, which is allegedly the average house price around here. Not bad going for a town which has one of the highest levels of heroin addiction in the UK!

It seems pretty obvious to me who these flats are aimed at - retirees, whether they are moving down or second homers. But it does amaze me that anyone would even think about buying a 2 bed flat for the same price as a 3 bed house.

Still flats are the first in line for a crash IMO. Regardless of location, once the price of a type of house goes down it will effect that entire class - and then hopefully spread.

Are the stories about squatting having an effect?