House Price Crash Forum

Cant Even Be Bothered With This Kind Of Story Anymore

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
Guess it will be handy when they have to go on the game to pay the mortgage in a couple of years.

I think the developers had that in mind when they designed the apartment - I'm surprised they bothered with a lounge. Probably thought the punters would need somewhere to sit whilst waiting for their appointment.

HOLA446

I'm surprised, I'd have thought they'd already have been building houses like these for years to cater for BTLs to rent to two people who don't want to have to argue about bigger bedrooms.

Very efficient flat design though, not a single square foot of wasted space!

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
I think the developers had that in mind when they designed the apartment - I'm surprised they bothered with a lounge. Probably thought the punters would need somewhere to sit whilst waiting for their appointment.

When the market and economy goes tits up, they can rent out their bodies and the living room will conveniently serve as a waiting room.

NEXT!

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Dont you lot remember when whole families used to live in one bedroom, That day will come, Because of globalisation

That day is already here man. Next door to me there is a Polish family, man, woman and child in a 12ft by 10ft room. The other rooms are let to other tenants.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
They look alright for a student bloke. But look at the size of the wardrobe, how's the average women going to cope with that, wouldn't even fit her shoes in it.

They won't be buying shoes once the mortgage starts to kick in....

HOLA4414
Hmm... doesn't look too bad.

lpsingles112a.jpg

But I would have thought they could have built two 1-bad flats for the same money.

This looks similar in concept to the communal apartments of Soviet Russia.

Capitalism clearly provides far superior standards of living and independence. Under laissez-faire UK housing policy you get laminate flooring, and the freedom to pay your own gas bill :(

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

They're actually not bad, good design. I'd happily share one with someone for a while. What I certainly wouldn't want to do would be to buy one with someone else :ph34r:

I noticed something slightly similar in Edinburgh. It was a one bed newbuild flat, but designed so that the lounge could be easily turned into a second bedroom with it's own access from outside. The kitchen and bathroom were in the middle. Clearly the developer knows few single people could afford to buy or rent it alone. Personally, if I was going to live in a room and share, I'd far rather rent a cheap and cheerful place to do it in - far less hassle.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
Should be a good investment if you are in it 'for the long term' :lol:

Values will increase dramatically in about 300 years or so!

Hmm. What's the lunar real-estate market looking like these days?

"Superb plot in Mare Nectaris, with outline planning permission for luxury family home. Set in panoramic, unspoilt surroundings, this location offers stunning views over Pacific, Atlantic and Indian oceans. This is your unique chance enjoy all the benefits of lunar living - 330 hours of sunlight every day! Thin atmosphere reduces noise from neighbours! Low-gravity environment cuts construction costs and takes the drudgery out of climbing stairs!"

HOLA4419

Great concept. I would like to throw in some ideas:

(1) Chubb locks on the bedroom doors

(2) Fridges with multiple lockable compartments

(3) Beds located in sound proof cubicles

(4) Panic buttons between adjacent bedroom doors

(5) Washable plastic furniture for the communal areas

HOLA4420

The way I see it is that an average young couple will always be able to pay more for a two bedroom flat than an average single and as a result a single will always be priced out. So you and a friend become a couple and buy yourself a flat. Makes perfect sense to me.

I have lived with friends on many occasions and had a great time, no problems. With this design you both get your own bathrooms, nice.

HOLA4421
The way I see it is that an average young couple will always be able to pay more for a two bedroom flat than an average single and as a result a single will always be priced out. So you and a friend become a couple and buy yourself a flat. Makes perfect sense to me.

I have lived with friends on many occasions and had a great time, no problems. With this design you both get your own bathrooms, nice.

Yeah great! Until one of them become a proper couple. Then it all goes pear shaped.

HOLA4422
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/main.j....xml&page=1

Although i wouldnt mind sharing with them :lol:

Gah, who commissioned this piece and for the love of god why. Building 2 bed flats for professional sharers has been industry practice since about 1999, admittedly the buyers where predominately investors rather than OO's.

I mean is the journalist or editor trying to ditch a BTL portfolio or something for this article to have appeared now. It is as if the industry is now trying to ramp investment flats as ideal for OO sharers, needs must I suppose.

It is notable that the sharers featured reserved their apartment last October when the market was far more buoyant.

HOLA4423
Guess it will be handy when they have to go on the game to pay the mortgage in a couple of years.

....surely it would be better t get them both up the duff,and then you can flit between the TWO houses they will get on benefits....perfectly legal if you're only there 3 days a week....just spend night 7 drunk and disorderly,courtesy of her majesty!!

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
Under laissez-faire UK housing policy you get laminate flooring, and the freedom to pay your own gas bill :(

And you can paint the walls any colour you like! No more shitty posters for these two.

So you and a friend become a couple and buy yourself a flat. Makes perfect sense to me.

They're a couple? There are punters who would pay extra for that!