House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SteveTheHero

Ah Can We Drop The Anti-human Force Climate Change Conspiracy Theorist Notions Now?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6290228.stm

A new scientific study concludes that changes in the Sun's output cannot be causing modern-day climate change.

--

that eliminates all possible sources of natural positive forcing on the climate. I thought actually the debate was over when results of global dimming due to industrial particulates was in - a temperature rise, despite dimming to the surface - and now this. I think the IPCC's statement of a mere 90% certaincy was a bit too conservative.

The BBC is pushing the same agenda as the government.

The notion that humans are not responsible for climate change is not a conspiracy, but FACT.

That is as much as I want to say to someone who is too lazy to examine the actual research.

I will say that it's not the schools we should blame for the poor education of the masses, it's television, newspapers, and laziness we should blame.

This is the internet, the information super-highway. Try using it.

The BBC is pushing the same agenda as the government.

The notion that humans are not responsible for climate change is not a conspiracy, but FACT.

Are you serious?

That is as much as I want to say to someone who is too lazy to examine the actual research.

I have had the pleasure of meeting and talking to both Mike Lockwood and Claus Froehlich about this work, referred to on the BBC website. It is an excellent example of good, hard science. You would do yourself a great service by giving it a read.

I will say that it's not the schools we should blame for the poor education of the masses, it's television, newspapers, and laziness we should blame.

This is the internet, the information super-highway. Try using it.

Good idea, I suggest you take your own advice. Here's one of Mike's presentations:

http://www.bu.edu/cawses/documents/paris/m...july17-2004.pdf

Mike Lockwood and Claus Froehlich HAVE NOT PROVEN OR FOUND A LINK BETWEEN HUMANS AND CLIMATE CHANGE. THEY HAVE MERELY INDICATED THAT THE SUN ISN'T RESPONSIBLE FOR CLIMATE CHANGE.

Perhaps you should talk to them again. Or try reading stuff other than mainstream news. Perhaps you and Steve could help each other with the long words.

Mike Lockwood and Claus Froehlich HAVE NOT PROVEN OR FOUND A LINK BETWEEN HUMANS AND CLIMATE CHANGE. THEY HAVE MERELY INDICATED THAT THE SUN ISN'T RESPONSIBLE FOR CLIMATE CHANGE.

Quite true, but what they have done is carefully and diligently removed one of the common myths about the cause of global warming. As each of these myths are removed by cold hard science, the likelihood increases that the remaining cause is due to human activity.

Perhaps you should talk to them again. Or try reading stuff other than mainstream news. Perhaps you and Steve could help each other with the long words.

I do read other stuff other than mainstream news, you know nutty conspiracy articles in peer reviwed journals such as Nature, Astronomy & Astrophysics.... you know, that really way out nut job stuff. Maybe you're right, I should believe everything I read on the internet instead...

Sunspot_Activity.jpg

OK this may not show error margins but we know the sun has cycles and for me speaks a million words.

Peak oil, War on terror, war on drugs, global warming , banking are all scams that CNN and the BBC are not reporting because they are controlled by the very people behind the scams in the first place.

Heroin is now 300 times cheaper than it was in 1970 and since we 'liberated' Afganistan they amount of drugs coming out has gone up 300% and if you need to know who controls this then look no further then Oliver North.

The EU has a fund to clear poppy fields in afganistan and it's costing over $1m per acre to clear these poppies and for that price i'll rip the plants out with my bear teeth at night whilst under fire from the drug lords.

Sunspot_Activity.jpg

OK this may not show error margins but we know the sun has cycles and for me speaks a million words.

Peak oil, War on terror, war on drugs, global warming , banking are all scams that CNN and the BBC are not reporting because they are controlled by the very people behind the scams in the first place.

Heroin is now 300 times cheaper than it was in 1970 and since we 'liberated' Afganistan they amount of drugs coming out has gone up 300% and if you need to know who controls this then look no further then Oliver North.

The EU has a fund to clear poppy fields in afganistan and it's costing over $1m per acre to clear these poppies and for that price i'll rip the plants out with my bear teeth at night whilst under fire from the drug lords.

Hi Justice,

Excellent post. I agree that we should be highly suspicious of the way the items you list are reported and spun for our consumption. However I would argue that there is a separation between the message that they would like us to get and the underlying science of global warming and peak oil. It is therefore incumbant on us, should we not wish to be their puppets, to look at the underlying reasons, question the evidence and make up our own minds.. not let anyone else do that for us. In the case of climate change to get any where one has to do quite a bit of reading rather than going with gut instinct. The New Scientist has produced a very good "Guide For The Perplexed" regarding global warming and it really would be a good source of imformation for more people on this site.... unless of course the New Scientist is just a mouthpiece for the Pod Lizards too!

http://environment.newscientist.com/channel/earth/dn11462

Funnily enough just last week the times ran an article talking about how the vikings on greenland (funny name for an island covered in ice dont you think>) got wiped out when the weather changed from reasonable to icy icy nasty. Not over a year mind, but longer period. I will try to dig it up, but the print article doesn't seem to match what I found on the website... 5th or 6th this month.

Guest anorthosite

I like how the graph only goes as far as the 80s. I'm sure its only a conincidence that solar activity decreased at the point the graph ends.