House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
WSG

Hull Mun

Does it say 'subject to contract' on the board?

Or maybe 'Sold in 3 days'.

Or maybe 'We urgently need more properties like this one'.

They can market it now as having "exclusive fishing rights" :P

They can market it now as having "exclusive fishing rights" :P

Bah, it's an 'exclusive waterfront property' now... that'll double the price overnight.

My parents have had their home flooded, not a laughing matter and house prices is the last thing on their mind. More like where are they going to live?

Schadenfreude.

Edited by No Muggy Bear

I remember doing some survey work at the Old Bransholme Sewage works in the North of Hull seven or eight years ago.

As you walked along the top of the embankmants forming the top of the banks of the river Hull, your feet were somewhere around the level of the first floor windows of the (relatively new) houses on the otherside of the river to the sewage works.

I do remember at the time thinking this was not particularly sensible.

We have some very, very, silly planning laws in this country.

I would not be surprised to find out the old sewage works is now new build housing, can anybody advise?

Intersting how a lot of right on people mocked the US after the hurricane hit New Orleans. Where exactly are our new leaders at the moment given what is happening in Hull? Is Harman out buying shoes I wonder?

This is only a dry run for when a similar storm event takes out the whole of the Thames estuary from Bermondsey eastwards. I'll wager the response is a bit quicker then.

Interesting fact; did you know that London Underground decommissioned all the Tube flood barriers when they built the Thames Flood Barrier?

They haven't been used for twenty years, most of them have been plain railed through so you couldn't even close the barriers if the electrics / hydraulics were still there to close the gates.

Ho hum.

Numpty, Pinstripe & Dumfuc are pleased to be able to offer this exclusive retirement bungalow with riparian front aspect. The bungalow comes complete with unheated internal swimming pool. Would suit yacht owner as seasonal berth is provided.

Guest X-QUORK

Personally, I'll always check the DoE flood maps before moving to a new property...but most people haven't thought about flooding as an issue in the past. I think most people in these areas deserve sympathy, not scorn...FFS.

Personally, I'll always check the DoE flood maps before moving to a new property...but most people haven't thought about flooding as an issue in the past. I think most people in these areas deserve sympathy, not scorn...FFS.

Well said. Is nothing out of bounds here? Not everyone is caught up in the market, give em a break!

Well said. Is nothing out of bounds here? Not everyone is caught up in the market, give em a break!

I agree. But if you didn't laugh you'd cry.

The biggest tragedy is the furniture in the second picture.

:lol::lol:

From now on the people who have bought on the floodplains of Hull are financially fooked

Edited by DoctorJ

Insurance is the child of misfortune, is it not?

Regardless of sentiment, the buyers of these vulnerable properties have learnt a lesson most, with any nous, would have avoided.

Caveat emptor but doubtless Brown and his henchmen will not lose the opportunity to capitalise on this despite being somewhat late off the blocks and so the denizens of the hapless estate may yet be the recipients of state largesse.

The Archbishop of York surveying the sodden suburban ghetto and wittering on in hyperbole about his soul being ripped out was most entertaining and prompted speculation as to how he might view a genuine catastrophe in the third world.

Sometimes one would wish Betjeman's happy bombs would fall throughout this sceptred isle but I suppose we shall just have to rely upon the inept muslim......