House Price Crash Forum
dude wheres my house

And The Decision Is .25% Rise To 5.75%

yes! +0.25% YOU BEAUTY!!

I get to keep my favourite pair of pants too.

someone shot a singing pig today, didn't even have to use my AK, it was a good day

err - server gone mad again

edited to delete duplicate post and write the above

Edited by DoctorJ

tenroom Posted Today, 11:27 AM

QUOTE(Wait & See @ Jul 5 2007, 12:20 PM)

(11% or more by July 2008 is a possibility)

So is alien invasion . . .

Or a 'soft landing' for house prices <_<

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...mp;#entry676466

This what I was going on about before, They are coming for us an Interest rates are the trigger

Maybe it will be a bunch of Transformers instead,,,

were doomed

I wouldn't get too excited re this to be honest. 5.75% is a historically very low rate and the rates aren't going much higher.

In fact they've probably gone too high already and rate cuts will be needed next year.

Possibly. But then again, you probably wouldn't want to go betting your house on that.

We've been importing deflation for years from Asia and we're about to import inflation-a-plenty. China is choking on shitey dollars and when Japan raises rates, in the near future, we'll get see an almighty boing that will rip through the world economy like a wrecking ball.

It's stagflation for breakfast, lunch and tea from now on. (I expect the media will pick up on that about six months after the pundits who will pick up on it about a year after it bites.)

The Bank of England has become an irrelevance. In a very real sense they always were but they just didn't know it. (As Mick (Crocodile) Dundee said "Fleas on a dog's back arguing about who owns the dog.") But this dog is now off the leash.

Equilibrium is many hard times away.

I expect people here had to put up with a lot of abuse from bulls over the last two years (I watched a lot of it) but as usual, it is the people near the bottom who work hard for little who are about to feel the most pain, so we might want be be a little circumspect when we're trying to stand on investment bankers' necks. (Although I can think of no neck more deserving of a stomping than that of an investment banker.)

I find it strange that the media are still obsessed with the 'absolute' level of 'official' interest rates.

Reporters should really be trained in economics rather than in reporting anything and everything vested interests say.

There used to be a wonderful reporter on Bloomberg (Michael Becker Carlton, I think was his misspelled name) who used to rip into these people but alas, he is no more (on Bloomberg).

Or a 'soft landing' for house prices <_<

Or a balanced view from board members who've been calling a crash for the best part of 3 years :lol:

Why did they just hit the pinks with a big 0.5% stick.......

I don't understand, because if you want to control spending, a big 0.5% punch knock the wind out of CPI..

when a little 0.25% slap doesn't scare anyone.........

Forgive my ignorance, but what does this mean?

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/fds/hi/...ilt/default.stm

It means they're being sold. Their price is falling and yield rising either in anticipation of higher rates and/or investors don't believe the official inflation rate.

Did anyone listen to the higher rate grooming on Radio 2 ?

Basically avoiding discussion of those with ARM and cheer leading those who're on long fixed.

Playing the violin for FTB, "how will they ever get on the ladder now?"

Utter, blatant propaganda!

IR's at 6% is just getting started.

The Only Way Is Up - just like in the late 80's. :):D

(11% or more by July 2008 is a possibility)

I think 11% would be unrealistic although not impossible

Japan, as I have been saying for a few months, are very likely to raise in August. The weakness of the yen is causing many problems and there has been talk of a very large increase needed and even a whole percentage point!

It is likely that this global tightening process to speed up but I believe this will be, at least tried to be, done as many central bankers and especially the BoJ have predicted, "slowly".

I would estimate/quess UK interest rates to be around 7.25% july/aug 2008

I would be suprised if they were under 7% or over 7.75% so overall I expect hikes to increase by around 20% the current speed (1.5% over the next year) So nothing too spectacular but a slow strangulation of the UK economy, with house prices tipping slowly into negative territory sometime during 2008

There again there may be a sequence of events that speeds things up, there is probably a number of catalysts.

Anyone else notice how quickly the BBC website got this news up?

They must have fast typists there! <_<

A bit like how they announced the felling of building 7 some 20 minutes before it occured....

Strange, like it was already scripted or written or known about in advance...

Edited by Yes Sir

:lol: YES !

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Mr Boulger of Charcoals say recently that he doubted the housing market could cope with another 0.25% hike ?

Amazing really isn't it that we have got ourselves into so much debt that these tiny tiny rises of 0.25% are casuing panic and alarm not to mention insolvencies. Our economy is so strong that rates at a fairly neutral 6% would probably bring it crashing down.

Guest grumpy-old-man
A bit like how they announced the felling of building 7 some 20 minutes before it occured....

Strange, like it was already scripted or written

:ph34r::ph34r:

glad to see others think on similar lines as me

Japan, as I have been saying for a few months, are very likely to raise in August. The weakness of the yen is causing many problems and there has been talk of a very large increase needed and even a whole percentage point!

It is likely that this global tightening process to speed up but I believe this will be, at least tried to be, done as many central bankers and especially the BoJ have predicted, "slowly".

I would be suprised if they were under 7% or over 7.75% so overall I expect hikes to increase by around 20% the current speed (1.5% over the next year) So nothing too spectacular but a slow strangulation of the UK economy, with house prices tipping slowly into negative territory sometime during 2008

There again there may be a sequence of events that speeds things up, there is probably a number of catalysts.

Shaddap !

Who the f**k are you and why should your "expectations" matter to anyone ? Are you on the MPC ?

So is alien invasion . . . <_<

Do'nt you read the papers or listen to the news on radio or watch tv?

It's already happened. They tried to blow up some airports only the other day.

well when i said 6 %- 6.5% by the end of 2007 people thought i was mad and didnt listen to me, we are going to hit that figure, next year it will rise to 7.5 , but i do expect a big drops by the end of summer.

I thought today's 0.25+ had been pretty muched completely priced into the currency market, but 11:00am today, boom, another 1/2 cent up. I'm quite surprised by that, although that may come back down to 2.0150 later today.

Interest rates were historically high in the 80s, 11 % was the tipping point then as 8 % was historically low for that era. The tipping point today would be between 7% to 8% that would be en par with 11% in the 80s. Though with added unsecured debt big in fashion this time round just a couple of 0.25% is panicking everyone. Now you realise in the 2000s you never had it so good.

Do'nt you read the papers or listen to the news on radio or watch tv?

It's already happened. They tried to blow up some airports only the other day.

My point exactly

Plus I talk of Transformers and Priff has appeared in the thread a transformer....

Arrrrhh

Edited by 234SALE