House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OnlyMe

Uk Libor And Boe Rate

Hmmm indeed. Bookmarked that one.

Seems to imply that two 0.25% increases back to back wouldn't faze the city at all. Or maybe even a 0.5%er?

Yes.. As indicated earlier by yours truly...

6X9 vs. BOE

sg510706.gif

Inflation (Real Core as in consumer tat is going up and the BOE has little control over it) is going to be a real problem for the BOE... The 2% target returns to bite the UK... I am glad I decided not to play in a game that can only result in financial disaster...

post-6049-1183514702_thumb.jpg

& for the people who don't know what "Libor" is (like me, as I've never come across the term), google reveals this:

LIBOR stands for "London Inter-Bank Offered Rate." It is based on rates that contributor banks in London offer each other for inter-bank deposits. From a bank's perspective, deposits are simply funds that are loaned to them. So in effect, a LIBOR is a rate at which a fellow London bank can borrow money from other banks. Rate calculations are complex as they incorporate variables such as time, maturity and currency rates. There are hundreds of LIBOR rates reported each month in numerous currencies.

http://www.moneycafe.com/library/libor.htm

Indeed, interesting graph

According to that, the BoE were "right" to lower rates in 2005...

Obviously not. What this does say is what the city is demanding/expecting the bank of england to do. The IR cut was called by the city. That's not the case now. I still say 0.5% is a real possibility.

......but now they're clearly behind the curve.....oops! A raise looks a shoo in for Thursday then.

There was someone else a while back saying this (on the same or a very similar basis). I think that it was a link to a bit of proprietry research or some such looking at UK interest rates, so you probably wouldn't find this by searching,

Peter.

So it takes all day for the MPC to download the graph and get out the orange crayon. Nice work if you can get it.

0.5% rise it is then.

I wonder what they do for the rest of the meeting?

VMR.