House Price Crash Forum

Brighton Area

HOLA441
Guest chrisbrighton
You'd have to be as thick as Jamie's tongue to treat that comment with anything other than cynicism.

cyn·i·cism (sĭn'ĭ-sĭz'əm)

n.

An attitude of scornful or jaded negativity, especially a general distrust of the integrity or professed motives of others:

well I have always concidered cynicism to be such an unattractive trait and usually found in people who fail to achieve anything in life

Edited by chrisbrighton

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

n.

An attitude of scornful or jaded negativity, especially a general distrust of the integrity or professed motives of others:

well I have always concidered cynicism to be such an unattractive trait and usually found in people who fail to achieve anything in life

somewhat of topic but i think you find it is a little more complex than that...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cynics

And to remain of topic .. what kind of walter softee posh kids are you lot to consider Jamie Oliver as a bit of rough ?

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
I don't think he is a 'bit of rough'. I just think he is rough, as in grim.

Anyone got any house news? :)

well somebody called him 'rough'.. house news ? How novel ? i thought we were debating Jamie Oliver now.. Btw my gurlfriends boss reckons carluchios is better than Jamies restaurant. I am more of a pinoccios man me self.

HOLA446

n.

You got the definition right, but you are drawing the wrong conclusions in my view.

You and ol' Jamie might realise that the days of spin and ramping are over. Then you would achieve even better than your undoubtedly illustrious performance to date.

HOLA447
HOLA448
Hope fully this will be the last update. My mum and my Aunt have managed to sell the flat. Sold for £170000 so not to bad in the end. Just hope it all goes through ok.

Well done. Should be ok looks like a good retirement flat, good location.

Out of interest when you had the original valuations did they all come in at 200K?

HOLA449
HOLA4410
Yes they did all come in or around £200. Then the EA they went with said he had made a mistake and over valued it and said to put it on at about 175 and thats what they done. My aunt wanted the asking price and it took my mum to persuade her that she wouldn't get the asking price.

Well I never! :o ... <_<

HOLA4411

Latest Rics report.

Geoffrey Holden FRICS

Parsons Son & Basley

01273 326171

Good flow of new active applicants but after

two good months of sales, instructions are

getting low. Potential vendors like the prices

of what they are looking for but can’t come to

terms with the value of their own property.

More meaningless twaddle - each sentence contradicts itself.

Surely he means if these poor deluded fools would lower their prices we might shift a few houses.

HOLA4412

Wonder if that young female FTB from Brighton on BBC2's Property Watch comes on here . . . I doubt it considering how fervently desperate she is to buy ("I spend my whole life viewing properties"). Yet she can't seem to find anywhere she likes. Strange it hasn't dawned on her she might as well wait a couple of years when prices will be lower and more people will be forced to sell.

Edited by shell

HOLA4413
Wonder if that young female FTB from Brighton on BBC2's Property Watch comes on here . . . I doubt it considering how fervently desperate she is to buy ("I spend my whole life viewing properties"). Yet she can't seem to find anywhere she likes. Strange it hasn't dawned on her she might as well wait a couple of years when prices will be lower and more people will be forced to sell.

Is that available on th iplayer do you know?

might be interesting to see.

On another off topic note, do any of you know off a forum to blow off steam about stupid ******* employers before i break my computer !!??!

HOLA4414

Oh god. Brighton FTB Jane Davies on BBC2's Property Watch snapping at money expert Merryn Somerset Webb because Webb dared to suggest she might be 'not too clever' at thinking property as a money making investment.

Why are these people still so desperate to buy? Prices are going down. Yes! Fact! Even in Brighton and Hove!

HOLA4415
Oh god. Brighton FTB Jane Davies on BBC2's Property Watch snapping at money expert Merryn Somerset Webb because Webb dared to suggest she might be 'not too clever' at thinking property as a money making investment.

Why are these people still so desperate to buy? Prices are going down. Yes! Fact! Even in Brighton and Hove!

Stroppy little madam wasn't she. The harsh realities will set in soon enough like when her best mate realises she can't stand living with her, so madam has to advertise for strangers to share her grotty two bed. Looked like Hove Street Hove to me.

I liked the young lad, totally clueless doesn't know what he's doing, just thinks owning a place is the be all and end all. I give him six months to learn what a millstone is.

HOLA4416
Stroppy little madam wasn't she. The harsh realities will set in soon enough like when her best mate realises she can't stand living with her, so madam has to advertise for strangers to share her grotty two bed. Looked like Hove Street Hove to me.

I liked the young lad, totally clueless doesn't know what he's doing, just thinks owning a place is the be all and end all. I give him six months to learn what a millstone is.

+1 LOL

HOLA4417
Guest chrisbrighton

give the girl a break...at least she is trying to get on the property ladder (more than can be said for a lot of the no hopers who post on here).... and it looked like a bargain

and no...they are not going down in brighton anymore...look at hometrack

Edited by chrisbrighton

HOLA4418

Do you think its all over then ? I was kind of hanging out for 2 bed terraces to come down to the 150 k mark so I could afford to squash my family into one on our above average income. We wont all squeeze into a bedsit ..

Oh well there was hope there for a while. I thought Liverpool might even win the league this year , but I guess its business as usual and houses remain overpriced and Man Utd win again.... :(

HOLA4419
give the girl a break...at least she is trying to get on the property ladder (more than can be said for a lot of the no hopers who post on here).... and it looked like a bargain

FFS looked like a bargain. I bet you thought she was astute as well.

You start posting in 2006 go away for a few years and come back here to try and ramp it up.

See you in two years.

HOLA4420
Guest chrisbrighton
FFS looked like a bargain. I bet you thought she was astute as well.

You start posting in 2006 go away for a few years and come back here to try and ramp it up.

See you in two years.

well yes I think that in 2 years time she will be pleased that she bought and you will be...well, still renting and complaining that life is sooo unfair to you

HOLA4421
Guest chrisbrighton
Do you think its all over then ? I was kind of hanging out for 2 bed terraces to come down to the 150 k mark so I could afford to squash my family into one on our above average income. We wont all squeeze into a bedsit ..

Oh well there was hope there for a while. I thought Liverpool might even win the league this year , but I guess its business as usual and houses remain overpriced and Man Utd win again.... :(

yes as i have said before I think that prices in B&H have probably hit the bottom. I am now looking for a couple of rental houses to add to my portfolio as I think that they are a good long term buy

Edited by chrisbrighton

HOLA4422
well yes I think that in 2 years time she will be pleased that she bought and you will be...well, still renting and complaining that life is sooo unfair to you

I was offered a repo last night for 180K. 90K less than when it was first marketed and far better than the dross Miss madam bought.

I don't need to brag unlike you and linda. I certainly wouldn't be bragging if I'd bought a terrace around the Dials. A complete house in Montpelier Crescent, maybe :P

HOLA4423
yes as i have said before I think that prices in B&H have probably hit the bottom. I am now looking for a couple of rental houses to add to my portfolio as I think that they are a good long term buy

:lol: Hilarious!

Prices are going down and Brighton is not immune. Unemployment is rocketing. Interest rates won't stay low forever. Prices have a long way to fall before they meet the salary multiples required to get FTBs buying (without overstretching themselves and bringing about another global economic crisis). But help yourself and buy buy buy!

No offence or anything, but you're so in love with property it's almost . . . pervy.

HOLA4424

Prices are going down and Brighton is not immune. Unemployment is rocketing. Interest rates won't stay low forever. Prices have a long way to fall before they meet the salary multiples required to get FTBs buying (without overstretching themselves and bringing about another global economic crisis). But help yourself and buy buy buy!

No offence or anything, but you're so in love with property it's almost . . . pervy.

I made an appointment with a surveyor today so that I can have my prospective new house surveyed. They said they were now very busy and couldn't fit me in until Monday week-25th May. So there is some movement out there and people wouldn't spend money on a survey unless they were seriously buying.

HOLA4425

I had a trawl round the internet to see what job opportunities there are in Brighton at the moment, very little except about half a dozen for teachers and the same again for web developer types.

Perhaps I should become a property developer. I mean if prices have bottomed out , now would be the time to pile in , right? Before I commit perhaps Chrisbrighton would be kind enough to point me in the direction of the evidence that the local market has no farther to fall.