House Price Crash Forum
gruffydd

Gordon Brown Ratings Boost

Gordon Brown has got off to flying start as Prime Minister with his poll ratings as a leader and for strength soaring following his handling of the terrorist attacks.

- are the British population really this stupid?!

Edited by studdymx

Sheeple will always be sheeple. After all Gordon has "given" the sheeple millions and millions of "free" pounds to buy multiple homes, SUVs, 40 inch HDTVs etc. With houses "worth" 300% more than 10 years ago many see Gordon as the miracle worker.

Guest Skint Academic

Would we have had Labour in for so long if they weren't?

Am I the only person who felt that the terrorist attacks felt orchestrated? There was an episode of Spooks along the same lines last series (I think).

"Gordon Brown has got off to flying start as Prime Minister with his poll ratings as a leader and for strength soaring following his handling of the terrorist attacks."

how did he handle them exactly? blahblahblah we need more legislation blahblahblahblah pass me your civil liberties blahblahblah muslims need to stop blowing up and be nice to us and give us their oil blahblahblah same old shit

Edited by Ipodjunky

So what would be considered to be a poor performance of handling the terrorist attacks? Weeping like a child on TV? Offering Tony Blair up for sacrifice?

Sometimes human beings are so dissapointing...

So what would be considered to be a poor performance of handling the terrorist attacks? Weeping like a child on TV? Offering Tony Blair up for sacrifice?

Sometimes human beings are so dissapointing...

Not spinning the hell out every misfortune and tragic death and using it to cover your **** and push through any drakonian law you can I suppose.

Am I the only person who felt that the terrorist attacks felt orchestrated?

The way Gordo opened the lav door and then casually walked into the room before giving his statement to the BBC was definately orchestrated. I liked the bit when he walked back into the lav after the statement (probably needed to finish his poo!).

'Shy and introverted' What more can we ask for. :lol:

It's the fact that these teds both managed to **** up their missions, the timing is obvious as it was a well known date. As I said yesterday I bet the Scots love terrrorism being brought to there shores by our beloved leader

If he said something like " Yes, Beckett was a munter of the highest order and the very epitome of fecklessness" or " Prescott, what a TVV4T he was" He would go up in my book :lol:

Edited by me me me

Terrorist attacks? I've seen ram raids that were better planned. Please tell me that this country isn't that stupid?

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
Am I the only person who felt that the terrorist attacks felt orchestrated? There was an episode of Spooks along the same lines last series (I think).

Nope. Feel the same way.

If I were Brown I'd be worried - everyone including the Conservatives expected a Brown Bounce - after all he's had:

• 6 weeks of entirley positive and blanket media coverage of NuLabour's leadership 'contest' and the Deputy Leadership sideshow
  • A smoother transfer of power than anyone expected
  • Blair's departure
  • Browns ascension
  • Zero coverage of the Conservatives [Cameron consistently gets good polling whenever he's in the spotlight]
  • Negative coverage of Lib Dems [and Mings weakness]
  • Extremely supportive press that is trumpeting that he is "the change"
  • The BBC practically portraying Brown as a saint in the last week
  • Terrorist attacks that will naturally draw support to the PM

yet Brown has only a 4 point lead? - with a polster who's methodology naturally favours Labour?

I doubt that he'll have such favourable conditions for a long time - IMO with he should be 8 or 9 % ahead - its downhill from here!

I'm no fan of GB.... but there is the little fact that there are those that think he is about to pull UK troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan. He has surrounded himself with people who were, apparently, critics of blairs Iraq stance.

Could it be that they were orchestrated, not by GB but someone who wants to remind him how important the war on terror is, and to have second thoughts about altering UK policy on the issue?

Another wierd thing is the bloke arrested in Brisbane is Indian, not really a usual suspect.

I, for one, actually feel much safer now that terrorists are using Norman Wisdom films as training videos.

Come one - a Jeep full of gas cylinders and petrol in a crowded area, and they manage to set fire to only themselves :lol:

good grief

If I were Brown I'd be worried - everyone including the Conservatives expected a Brown Bounce - after all he's had:
  • 6 weeks of entirley positive and blanket media coverage of NuLabour's leadership 'contest' and the Deputy Leadership sideshow

• A smoother transfer of power than anyone expected

• Blair's departure

• Browns ascension

• Zero coverage of the Conservatives [Cameron consistently gets good polling whenever he's in the spotlight]

• Negative coverage of Lib Dems [and Mings weakness]

• Extremely supportive press that is trumpeting that he is "the change"

• The BBC practically portraying Brown as a saint in the last week

• Terrorist attacks that will naturally draw support to the PM

yet Brown has only a 4 point lead? - with a polster who's methodology naturally favours Labour?

I doubt that he'll have such favourable conditions for a long time - IMO with he should be 8 or 9 % ahead - its downhill from here!

.....any 'leader' who ignores the West Lothian question will never be successful.....tell the buffoon to waken up, forget his own self important glory and deal with it........

good grief

Don't tell me that stopped you humming away happily to yourself did it. Dont you worry what the bad boys think. Just trust the government and everything will be fine.