House Price Crash Forum
Leyliner

Selftrade Problems!

Just a word to the wise, and apologies if this has been mentioned previously, but for virtually the whole day (mon 2nd July) we couldn't access one of our self select isa accounts, and customer services told me that this was a 'minor problem' that affected most people - and that it'd be fixed 'in minutes'. It took all day.

'Problem'? Hell, I wanted to watch and sell out of a few things today! Most of our money in this account is in commodities and ETFs, not funds. Luckily it turned out to be fairly steady, but if could have been different. Either way, we were locked out of one of our trading accounts entirely.

Now I'm willing to give them then benefit of the doubt but having worked in the internet business for years (in online classified advertising) I find it astonishing they couldn't just roll back onto other servers PDQ if they had a hardware failure.

I'm not considering switching yet, but beware. Customer service seemed to be pretty casual about the whole thing until I reminded them that I may actually be losing money and would be unable to do anything about it. 'Oh, yeah...' seemed to be the considered response.

Out of interest (and hoping it's a one off) did anyone else have problems with Selftrade yesterday?

Edited by Leyliner

had very few problems myself, but if something like that does happen again then you could always phone them to make a trade. IMHO selftrade offer some of the best deals and probably the best site in terms of info and transparency. There's always gonna be glitchs no matter where you go.

not been able to get on for days:-

An internal error is currently preventing us from processing this request, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you. Please either try again later or contact our customer services on 0845 0700 720. Our customer services opening hours are Monday to Friday 7.45 am to 7 pm and Sunday 2 to 6 pm. If you need to contact us outside of these hours please send us a secure message from your online account or email us at info@selftrade.co.uk.

any problems for anyone else?

not been able to get on for days:-

An internal error is currently preventing us from processing this request, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you. Please either try again later or contact our customer services on 0845 0700 720. Our customer services opening hours are Monday to Friday 7.45 am to 7 pm and Sunday 2 to 6 pm. If you need to contact us outside of these hours please send us a secure message from your online account or email us at info@selftrade.co.uk.

any problems for anyone else?

Although I didn't try trading - I can confirm that I successfully logged in and checked my account balance at 14:22pm today - if that helps reassure you!

Edited by Hair Bear