House Price Crash Forum

Being new to all this I’m keen to know what other peoples situations are? I know its not just me who can’t afford to buy and I’m on a decent wage. What about the rest of you.

An apology in advance if this has been asked before on here and if it’s a bit intrusive but if you don’t ask you don’t get? Like can I have 50K off you overvalued port-a-loo Mr Property developer?

Where do you live?

What’s your status (STR, FTB etc)?

What do you earn?

Where do you live Hessle Nr Hull

What’s your status (STR, FTB etc)? STR

What do you earn? £30,000 PA

Where do you live London, Centrel London

What’s your status (STR, FTB etc)? FTB - Renting

What do you earn? £22,000 PA (£46,200 with wife)

Deposit - £12,000

Live in £300,000 flat for £1000 a month rent. Live next to british museum in bloomsbury.

Edited by no room at the inn

Where do you live - Belfast

What’s your status (STR, FTB etc)? - Renting with boyfriend for £270pcm

What do you earn? £27,000 pa, recession proof job :)

Deposit - £38,000 with boyfriend

Edited by tara747

Where do you live? Surrey

What is your status? Sold Flat in May Living with parents. Will rent next year with girlfriend when hopefully property should be into freefall. :ph34r:

What do I earn? £27,000 (£50,000 with girlfriend)

Deposit £120,000

Being new to all this I’m keen to know what other peoples situations are? I know its not just me who can’t afford to buy and I’m on a decent wage. What about the rest of you.

An apology in advance if this has been asked before on here and if it’s a bit intrusive but if you don’t ask you don’t get? Like can I have 50K off you overvalued port-a-loo Mr Property developer?

Where do you live?

What’s your status (STR, FTB etc)?

What do you earn?

Where do you live Hessle Nr Hull

What’s your status (STR, FTB etc)? STR

What do you earn? £30,000 PA

You're a STR but you can't afford to buy. :lol: You're obviously an idiot then.

Live: nr Maidenhead

Status - nearly paid off mortgage (39 yrs old so no Boomer comments please...) - soon to be STR

Earn: Pre-2007 - £58k (£108k with wife)

Post-2007 - £25k (£93k with wife)

Deposit: Now - F***all

Post-STR - Whatever the house sells for...

I'd put our situation down to 50% buying the right house at the right time, 50% me and the missus working combined total of 120 hours a week to pay off the mortgage

Where do you live = Peterborough, Dubai (The Greens)

What’s your status = Renting in Dubai, Mums in Peterborough (when im home)

What do you earn? 140k net from Consulting. About the same but rising from my net businesses, Various from spread trading

Deposit = Anything I want to put down when I decide to buy

Mark.

Where do you live? Hampshire

What’s your status (STR, FTB etc)? STR (actually, sold to move with job, but changed our minds - renting at the mo until the madness abates!!)

What do you earn? £110K (£165K with wife)

I live in POOLE--STR IN NOV 05 AAARRGGHHHHHH

INCOME APPROX £30 K

LARGE CASH SUM WAITING

NO WAY WILL I BUY NOW EVEN THO I CAN FOR STRAIGHT CASH

RENTING DUPLEX IN PARKSTONE £900 PCM

Where do you live - Belfast

What’s your status (STR, FTB etc)? - Renting with boyfriend for £270pcm

What do you earn? £27,000 pa, recession proof job :)

Deposit - £38,000 with boyfriend

LOL! Tara747, this forum is becoming peppered with your proclamations of having a 'recession proof job'. I must have read it five times during my browsing on the way home tonight, and I have read it more times than I care to remember. If I had to guess, I'd say you are trying very hard to concince yourself of this. LOL! However, you do know that there is no such thing as a recession proof job don't you? (unless that is, you are the only person on the planet that is capable of doing it, and it is vital to the continuation of all human life, in which case I recommend asking for more than 27K a year.)

LOL! Tara747, this forum is becoming peppered with your proclamations of having a 'recession proof job'. I must have read it five times during my browsing on the way home tonight, and I have read it more times than I care to remember. If I had to guess, I'd say you are trying very hard to concince yourself of this. LOL! However, you do know that there is no such thing as a recession proof job don't you? (unless that is, you are the only person on the planet that is capable of doing it, and it is vital to the continuation of all human life, in which case I recommend asking for more than 27K a year.)

There recession proof jobs/tricks, but the pay scale goes down as you get older.

Live in cumbria..... (reflective house prices to income still okay here)

Income circa 30k...massive wage for my area( very fortunate)

And im fecking amazed at all of you that have such big deposits or can afford to buy now but choose not to....if your savings are so high your very lucky..... stop complaing so much.

It does seem that the genuine working class are under represented on here....but there are some.

I was in the army....overheads at minimum costs...and saving hard would show very little returns...and as for hard work...aint much harder around IMO....if a squaddie was too leave service now and had saved hard when he was in,he would genuinely be up $hitcreek to put a foundation down in civvy street.

Distribution of wealth sucks sometimes.

Where do you live? Middlesex

What’s your status ..last ten years out of country..no house

What do you earn? 60k

Deposit...100-150k

Age..in my 40's

I'm to old for this renting business :rolleyes:

Guest Cletus VanDamme
Where do you live? Middlesex

What’s your status ..last ten years out of country..no house

What do you earn? 60k

Deposit...100-150k

Age..in my 40's

I'm to old for this renting business :rolleyes:

You earn 60K and have 150K deposit? The property world is your oyster darlin', if you've had enough of renting, why not buy, you've got a wide choice of places. If you're waiting for that London townhouse to fall to 200K, forget it! You'll be waiting forever.

Guest Cletus VanDamme
There recession proof jobs/tricks, but the pay scale goes down as you get older.

Time for tara47 to put up or shut up.

C'mon tara, you don't have to say exactly what you're job is. Just a ballpark idea. Otherwise, we'll just think you're winding us up.

You earn 60K and have 150K deposit? The property world is your oyster darlin', if you've had enough of renting, why not buy, you've got a wide choice of places. If you're waiting for that London townhouse to fall to 200K, forget it! You'll be waiting forever.

What are you talking about..no way are we gone spent 375k on a shitty little 3 bed semi which needs work :rolleyes: like I said before..I rather leave the country again

Mike,

Do you mind me asking how much you pay in rent and what sort of house/flat it is? I'm obviously interested as we are in the same town.

FYI I pay £375 for a small 3 bed Barratt house (behind Sainsbury's). Rent from a friend, similar houses from letting agents are about £500pcm.

Cheers

Simon

There are no recession proof jobs. If you think there are, you haven't understood the word recession, or the nature of employment.

Simon

I pay 450 a month for a two bed semi, so your on to a good thing by the sound of it. I'm on Feriby road so a good area but, the prices arn't justified. I've noticed houses in bad areas are now up for as much as £600 PM

When I moved in 2003 a new build detached was selling at £120,000, WOW you may say but 3 months before they were selling at £90,000 and I thought they were over priced then!! I sold my last house for £140,000 the man who bought it self certed at 6 times his salary, claiming to be self employed. The house is now up at the same price I sold it for 3 years ago and has been stuck on the market around 5 months.

The crash is coming now there are to many factors involved which will tip it over.

There is only one question to be asked and thats do house prices always go up? A=No!

Owner Occupier : bought Nov 2006 IR locked at 5.1% for 5 years

Earning : 46k

Savings since November : 12k

Deposit last November : 19k

Additional Equity (based on sale of neighbors property this year) : 40k

Estimated Equity/Savings : 71k

Edited by moosetea

Our police community support officer is leaving to be a real copper - she's looking at buying a house. Getting nagged by her mum I think...

Starting salary for

Police Community Safety

Officers is £14,793 plus

weekend working

allowance,

When she starts being a proper cop her pay will be On appointment £21,009

Not a great deal.

3X that won't get her anything in Ashton where she lives

Oh yes it will:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-151...=1&tr_t=buy

2 bedrooms | Mobile Home

Ok there's a few grubby looking caravans and a terrace and a 1 bed flat..

Pretty mean to be trading in your boyfriend for a deposit! :P

:lol:

Time for tara47 to put up or shut up.

C'mon tara, you don't have to say exactly what you're job is. Just a ballpark idea. Otherwise, we'll just think you're winding us up.

It's government- and law-related. I am far from the top of my salary scale and there are others doing the same job, so the £27K is ok for now. I am guaranteed a pay rise every year. Believe me, there are a fair few people in the world with recession proof jobs - lucky us eh!

As for the 'peppering', I like to think that it's a nice counter balance to Orbital and his risible posts...