House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
eric pebble

Are Debt Markets Living On Borrowed Time?

Are debt markets living on borrowed time?

Easy money has a nasty habit of drying up with the most devastating consequences. Look only at the last leveraged buyout crunch or the ending of the dotcom boom.

In the past few days the flashing amber light in the credit markets --where government debt, company bonds and mortgages are traded - has looked very much as if it was beginning to turn red. The deputy governor of the Bank of England and the chairman of HSBC warned of the dangers of spiralling lending.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/dmstandar...oney.co.uk/news

All stating the bleedig' obvious of course....

And - scroll down the page and see this!!! - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/dmstandar...oney.co.uk/news - SO FUNNY!!! Northern Rock - Supreme example of POISON in the system - the guys who've FUELLED the HPI .......... and ask yourself, if you were to investigate stated earnings in Mortgage Applications..... how many would ring true??

See here for examples of what I'm talking about.... - MORTGAGE CUSTOMERS URGED TO LIE ---

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3222053.stm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressrele..._mortgage.shtml

i.e. How can you get a mortgage for the "average" house UNLESS you lie!!?????

Edited by eric pebble

Interesting link that.

"Professor Peter Spencer of York University, economist to the independent Item Club, said: 'I think rates have to go up until M4 growth is reined back to single figures. It is very hard to be confident that 6% is the highest that rates will go.'

On Wednesday, the Bank will unveil figures for mortgage equity withdrawal in the first quarter. Walker said: 'People are using equity withdrawal to cushion themselves from the effect of the slowdown and to allow them to keep on spending.' "

But Merv and the Moneylenders don't believe the growth in M4 will cause inflation. OF COURSE IT WILL ! MEW MEW MEW ! More new debt money into the economy due to the boom and bust policies of this Govt. More profits for the banks. More inflation for everyone else. Watch your savings decrease and house prices march on as the moneylenders buy up more of the planet.

Interesting link that.

"Professor Peter Spencer of York University, economist to the independent Item Club, said: 'I think rates have to go up until M4 growth is reined back to single figures. It is very hard to be confident that 6% is the highest that rates will go.'

On Wednesday, the Bank will unveil figures for mortgage equity withdrawal in the first quarter. Walker said: 'People are using equity withdrawal to cushion themselves from the effect of the slowdown and to allow them to keep on spending.' "

But Merv and the Moneylenders don't believe the growth in M4 will cause inflation. OF COURSE IT WILL ! MEW MEW MEW ! More new debt money into the economy due to the boom and bust policies of this Govt. More profits for the banks. More inflation for everyone else. Watch your savings decrease and house prices march on as the moneylenders buy up more of the planet.

Too right! How can we all MAKE ALL MEMBERS OF THE MPC TO DECLARE THEIR INTERESTS AND DISCLOSE THE EXACT DETAILS OF THEIR BTL PORTFOLIOS? ANYONE KNOW?

Too right! How can we all MAKE ALL MEMBERS OF THE MPC TO DECLARE THEIR INTERESTS AND DISCLOSE THE EXACT DETAILS OF THEIR BTL PORTFOLIOS? ANYONE KNOW?

Kate Barker:

All my additional commitments, remunerated or otherwise, are approved by the Governor and

the Chancellor.

Andrew Sentance:

Aside from my economic expertise and business experience, I am not aware of relevant personal

or other factors which are relevant to my appointment to the MPC.

Andrew Sentance:

hmmmmm

Edited by OzzMosiz

Kate Barker:

All my additional commitments, remunerated or otherwise, are approved by the Governor and

the Chancellor.

Andrew Sentance:

Aside from my economic expertise and business experience, I am not aware of relevant personal

or other factors which are relevant to my appointment to the MPC.

Andrew Sentance:

hmmmmm

Seriously!!! Are we not allowed to DEMAND that we know if/what their BTL interests are??!!

Interesting link that.

More of this in the press day by day - gathering pace...