House Price Crash Forum
It is different this time

Estate Agents To Crash Before House Prices

£199 to sell your home

FindaProperty and Primelocation support Tesco's private seller website.

The Mail on Sunday reported this week that FindaProperty and Primelocation are supporting Tesco's entry into the world of estate agency. Tesco one of the UK's best known retailers, has announced plans to enter the estate agency market by launching a service that allows private sellers to sell their property for only £199.

The new site service titled Tesco Property Market is due to be launched this month and will be supported with a website. Eve McGowan, of The Mail on Sunday reported "Those who fear Tesco is taking over the world may not be impressed by the supermarket chain's latest venture – a property website". The site allows homeowners to sell privately, complete with Tesco branded For Sale boards and viewings and offers arranged online. McGowan goes on to report that the site "will include tens of thousands of properties from all the major property portals including Primelocation and FindaProperty".

I know there are sites where you can sell your property privately but when Tesco does it for you and includes tens of thousands of properties it gets serious

Tesco to sell homes for only £199 & rates are going up next week. Can it get any worse for EAs? :lol:

£199 to sell your home

I know there are sites where you can sell your property privately but when Tesco does it for you and includes tens of thousands of properties it gets serious

Tesco to sell homes for only £199 & rates are going up next week. Can it get any worse for EAs? :lol:

Yes. 10,000 Bonus Reward points on your clubcard for every house you sell with them.

£199 to sell your home

EXCELLENT.. Bye Bye you money grabbing welches

Interesting info, I look forward to seeing how it turns out.

However I must say that I think most people selling a house will want one of those shiny-tied smart-suited bullsh1t salesman trying to rip off the sheeple on their behalf. Like it or not, EAs do push up prices, and I expect most sellers will want to use them.

It's scary how Tesco is becoming dominant in every sector. The only thing they need now is Funeral Services, and then they have you from cradle to grave.

However I must say that I think most people selling a house will want one of those shiny-tied smart-suited bullsh1t salesman trying to rip off the sheeple on their behalf. Like it or not, EAs do push up prices, and I expect most sellers will want to use them.

:lol: Great use of sarcasm.

They also said the same about car salesman - but it seems ever greater numbers are bypassing forecourt dealers by buying/selling cars privately or through the internet.

Edited by studdymx

Wow.

Every little helps I spose.

Another blow for the high streets of towns though - more empty shops as tesco sucks the lifeblood out.

As long as they suck out all the EAs I'm happy. High streets full of EAs and mortgage brokers are even worse than high streets full of Tesco Metros.

#

I suppose they are losing out some of their online sales to the internet. I believe soon you'll be able to sell your house for free anyway.

The biggest factor in selling is normally other EA's who gang up on you. If Tescos do this, they they have no option to all shut up shop.

I look forward to it.....

No more EA's, Used car market must be scared as so many of them switch to car sales to make their meat.

Or they could end up stacking shelves because their qualifications are about the same as most Supermarket Employees

When I worked at Sainburys, most were at UNI or had finished and were waiting to find a better job.

As long as they suck out all the EAs I'm happy. High streets full of EAs and mortgage brokers are even worse than high streets full of Tesco Metros.

#

The new breed of corner shop (Tesco metro, Sainsbury local or whatever) are a vast improvement on the dumps of yesteryear selling overpriced, out of date dusty tins of spam. Can't say I have a problem with that.

I reckon in most small towns and villages. 1 in 8 retail outlets are EA's. The end of EA's brings a blair sized smile to my face

I dislike tesco, but my hatred of estate agents runs deeper, in the words of Clarkson "too stupid and dishonest to pursue any other "profession"".

Are there any transferable skills that an EA has? it isn't that taxing to measure a few rooms and put up a for sale sign...

Edited by se7ensport

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
The new breed of corner shop (Tesco metro, Sainsbury local or whatever) are a vast improvement on the dumps of yesteryear selling overpriced, out of date dusty tins of spam. Can't say I have a problem with that.

Dusty tins of spam got us through the Jerry menace years. I won't have a bad word said.

Not sure abaout that especially if it involves such a big name for the cost of packet of crisps! Average HP is £200K and average EA's commission could be, not sure, 1.5%

That's a cost of £3000 comparing with £199. Nahh you got that one wrong I am afraid, deluded sellers will have 2801 good reasons to bypass EA :lol:

I dislike estate agents, but my hatred of estate agents runs deeper, in the words of Clarkson "too stupid and dishonest to pursue any other "profession"".

Are there any transferable skills that an EA has? it isn't that taxing to measure a few rooms and put up a for sale sign...

Just a word in defence of EAs.They rely on volumes not price to make money.They would far sooner sell ten properties at 150K than five properties at 200K.Their chief problem lies in vendor's unrealistic expectations and they are absolutely pissed off with vendors projecting the Halifax House Price Index onto what they expect their house to fetch.How do you explain to a new vendor that houses haven't risen in the last year(a few areas excepted) ,when the Halifax and the Express says different.Neither do the public realise that the index reflects what is being sold not what the housing stock is rising by.You really haven't got a prayer of selling a poor example of any particular housing category at present and that may extend to average ones as the balance shifts even further to the buyer.

Edited by crashmonitor

I suppose a brand such as Marks and Spencer actually would be very succesful in Selling.

.......not the way they try and flog you one of their credit cards when you are in buying socks.....

Just a word in defence of EAs.They rely on volumes not price to make money.They would far sooner sell ten properties at 150K than five properties at 200K.Their chief problem lies in vendor's unrealistic expectations and they are absolutely pissed off with vendors projecting the Halifax House Price Index onto what they expect their house to fetch.How do you explain to a new vendor that houses haven't risen in the last year(a few areas excepted) ,when the Halifax and the Express says different.Neither do the public realise that the index reflects what is being sold not what the housing stock is rising by.You really haven't got a prayer of selling a poor example of any particular housing category at present and that may extend to average ones as the balance shifts even further to the buyer.

It was the sodding EA's that gave vendors their unrealistic expectations in the first place. If they took a flat fee for a sale,

I would have more respect for them.

As it is, EA's have dug their own grave. Now it's time to bury them.

EXCELLENT.. Bye Bye you money grabbing welches

You mean 'Welchers', surely. If you're going to be ethnically incorrect, at least have the courtesy to spell it correctly! ;)

p