House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Alfie Moon

Bbc 2 The Truth About Property - Seeking Contributors

BBC 2, in the Autumn, will be running a new series entitled - The Truth About Property. The y are seeking potential contributors to the series/programmes. See:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/talking_point/6242142.stm

This could be a fantastic oportunity for HPC, PricedOut, et al and individuals from here and the other sites to make sure that our views, arguments, and interests are represented rather than allowing Estate Agents, mortgage lenders, BTLers, property developers and building companies to use it as yet another extended advertisment for their interests in keeping property prices high and rising. So how about it?

Financial Planner always does a fantastic job representing his (and many of ours) views and arguments about the property market in the media.

I would have thought that this could be an amazing opportunity for HPC to get some free advertising on national TV as well as making sure that the HPC perspective is provided to ensure a more balanced presentation and analysis of the UK, and other, property markets is included by the BBC 2 series.

Even if people don't want to put themselves forward to appear on TV, or be interviewed couldn't HPC enable HPC'ers to contribute to a collection of anecdotes and views and opinions to be sent to the BBC 2 team to be considered when putting the programmes together and deciding what should/should not be included as the (possible) 'truth' of the UK property market. See my views about the social construction of the 'truth' about the housing market and issues of 'battles of discourse' and their impact on sentiment and ultimately what happens in the housing market in the 'Market Psychology' section of the discussion forum.

We should not allow the VI's (in terms of VI's who want/profit from high and rising house prices) to continue to monopolise the media to advertise their propaganda as they have for the last decade or so. it is time that our voices (and indeed the millions now priced out of the market) heard. I would suggest that it would be important to highlight the negative impact, difficulties and problems that high and rising house prices create for current OO's who want to move up the property ladder and how more and more of our money is going into the pockets of Estate Agents, mortgage lenders, etc. making less and less available to put into our pensions, savings, bills, day to day quality of life and so on.

Look, as I've already said. I'm in there. I'm down the gym later today getting buff for my first ever TV appearance...

Step aside RichM.

When you have Groperty Guru on your team then there is no need to get all hot and bothered down the gym. :rolleyes:

So thats it then?

Despite all the moaning that goes on here month in and month out about the BBC what do we have:

RichM volunteering to get buffed up and Alfie volunteering Financial Planners services.

Come on put up your best arguements ffs.

What are you worried about.....that you will be made to look like idiots?

You guys are all talk and no trousers. :lol:

Yep, looks like this will be another of the long list of missed opportunities - which will rather grate when people moan and complain in the autumn about the content of the BBC 2 series when it is aired.

I also think it would be a good idea for those that are of the persuasion of - there is nothing you can do about market forces - that they get a bit more up to date with current economic theory developments. In particular do some reading about the role and impact of discourse in the market - again, see my thread on 'discourse and action' in the Market Psychology section of this discussion forum.

Anyway, I hope some of you do make the effort to contact the BBC 2 team to inform them of your views and thoughts, and if brave enough offer to appear on TV if that is what they are seeking.

So thats it then?

Despite all the moaning that goes on here month in and month out about the BBC what do we have:

RichM volunteering to get buffed up and Alfie volunteering Financial Planners services.

Come on put up your best arguements ffs.

What are you worried about.....that you will be made to look like idiots?

You guys are all talk and no trousers. :lol:

I have been perfecting my bear-style on here for years. When the time comes, I'll be ready.